The Most Historically Accurate Movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paul Mann III View Post
    And the 3-Disc version of BlackHawk Down has enough documentary extras to satisify even the most critical of viewers...
    I agree. The deluxe edition (the one I own) is fantastic. It's still a good film too, even if there are inaccuracies. The special features include docs that address the issues discussed here.
    Best regards, Hufflepuff

Comment

Absolutely...if you are interested at all in military history, then the deluxe edition of BHD is awesome. Anyone who watches the documentary won't be as critical of the movie once they see what went into making it IMO.
      "Only the dead have seen the end of war"...Plato

Comment

Not exactly a war film but "The Pianist" came to my mind as well.
        Best regards, Hufflepuff

Comment

Downfall is another great film that know for authenticity. For those who may not have heard of it, it depicts the last ten days of the Third Reich and actually is a little unnerving.

Comment

Originally posted by Outrider View Post
            Downfall is another great film that know for authenticity. For those who may not have heard of it, it depicts the last ten days of the Third Reich and actually is a little unnerving.
            Agree, I found it absolutely compelling acting, right down to Hitler's tremors.
            Leadership is the ability to rise above conventional wisdom.

Comment

Even though I knew, I found the scene with the Goebbels children uncomfortable to watch, especially the daughter fighting the pill and her mother forcing her.

Comment

That was a difficult scene for me as well. So was the scene where the children manning the flak gun kill themselves after running out of ammunition (when Eva reads the letter).
                Best regards, Hufflepuff

Comment

Yeah, that was FUBAR.

Comment

The Russian film 'Come and See' is very powerful in its portrayal of the horrors of the eastern campaign.
                    It's really a film about loss of innocence, where a 13 year old boy runs away to join the partisans. To watch the physical changes in him, as he experiences the horrors of war, is quite harrowing.

Cheers, Zakk

Comment

Defiance was really good too, from my knowledge...I may have to read up on it a little so don't run over me if I'm wrong...
                      Best regards, Hufflepuff

Comment

Operation Daybreak: The Assassination Reinhard Heydrich; (1976)
                        A very moving account of the assassination of the ‘The Hangman’ of Czechoslovakia
                        and the tragic aftermath, which doomed a whole community to being wiped off of the face of the earth.
                        The very good cast of actors include: Timothy Bottoms, Martin Shaw, Joss Ackland, Nicola Pagett and Anthony Andrews. Anton Diffring plays Heydrich.

Das Boot: (1981)German version, subtitled. Seeing as most people on this forum have seen it; I won’t elaborate.

Paul
                        ‘Tis said his form is tiny, yet
                        All human ills he can subdue,
                        Or with a bauble or medal
                        Can win mans heart for you;
                        And many a blessing know to stew
                        To make a megloamaniac bright;
                        Give honour to the dainty Corse,
                        The Pixie is a little shite.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse