Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The greatest historical mistakes in movies...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by billscottmorri View Post
    ..."The Vikings" where you can see a longship oarsman wearing a watch for example...
    You're kidding !
    Probably a B-movie...

Greets,
    Stratego
    Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily.- Napoleon

It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation.- Herman Melville

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

BORG

Comment

I think one that surly top all of those post must be "Pearl Harbor".
      about the only thing that they got right was that PH was in Hawaii
      "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Drat, I was going to go with Pearl Harbor! I guess I can settle for nominating "300".

I just love it when a bunch of half naked guys with helmet and shield slaughter multitudes of better armored Asians. The way they break formation for individual hand to hand combat is also hilarious. The choreographer should have been so proud. The use of rhinos as well gave it just the right inaccurate touch.

Pruitt
        Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

I will nominate The Green Berets.

Comment

Braveheart.

1.-The French woman that had a relationship with William was 3 or 4 when he was fighting the English.
            2.-Kilts weren't used back then.
            3.-The Brtish knights were portraited in uniform that matched each other, when they should have been dressed in different uniform, and they didn't have coat of arms.
            4.-Archers...don't think they dressed in the same uniforms/armor.
            5.-Same thing with the footsoldiers.

-Conlin

Comment

Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
              Drat, I was going to go with Pearl Harbor! I guess I can settle for nominating "300".

I just love it when a bunch of half naked guys with helmet and shield slaughter multitudes of better armored Asians. The way they break formation for individual hand to hand combat is also hilarious. The choreographer should have been so proud. The use of rhinos as well gave it just the right inaccurate touch.

Pruitt
              Don't forget the "mutant" that executed Xerxes' generals that had failed him, or the "Immortals" which looked like something that crawled out of hell, or the giant thing that gave Leonidas his scar (the one on his eye).
              And don't forget the Spartans in the movie wore leather speedos.

-Conlin

Comment

U-571.
                Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

worse innacuracy:

U-571

'nuff said!!
                  "Freedom cannot exist without discipline, self-discipline, and rights cannot exist without duties. Those who do not observe their duties do not deserve their rights."--Oriana Fallaci

Comment

Not a war movie Per Se.....

Cutthroat Island was pure historical garbage! Just look at that pile of crap.

Comment

"They died with their boots on" was supposed to cronicle George Custer's life but boy what a lot of literary license they took in telling it.

From his arrival at west-point, to his "accidental" promotion to Brigader General, to the engagemnet with Stuart at Gettysburg, then all of the bad distortions of the indian wars... oh man... they butchered his career to make an interesting movie.

Comment

Three Kings.
                        Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

I agree with the Braveheart posters. The battle of Stirling Bridge doesn't even have a bridge...

I like the crazy Irish guy in that movie though he ROCKS
                          Best regards, Hufflepuff

Comment

Originally posted by Hufflepuff44 View Post
                            I agree with the Braveheart posters. The battle of Stirling Bridge doesn't even have a bridge...

I like the crazy Irish guy in that movie though he ROCKS
                            I fully agree! It was the most important aspect of the battle. Not to mention a whole host of other things.

The Patriot is also horrible with regards to this.

In the words of Captain Blackadder they are about "as convincing as Dr Crippens defence lawyer." And, "the greatest work of fiction since vows of fidelity were included in the French marriage service."
                            Last edited by Mackie; 04 Oct 08, 12:14.

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint View Post
                              I think one that surly top all of those post must be "Pearl Harbor".
                              about the only thing that they got right was that PH was in Hawaii
                              Must be honest.. I never would have thought it would have been possible to make a film about Pearl Harbor where at the end of it I would be rooting for the Japanese to win

Comment

Originally posted by Hufflepuff44 View Post
                                I. The battle of Stirling Bridge doesn't even have a bridge...
                                There is a story about this...Gibson was asked by a Scotsman why there wasn't a bridge in the film of the battle, " It got in the way" Gibson replied, " Aye, that's what the English found out as well " answered the Scotsman

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X