No announcement yet.

The Day the Earth Stood Still (Remake)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well all the machines were turned off, now was this effect persisting?

If tomorrow we suddenly had no power, I suspect a good many millions would be dead from starvation real soon. Not sure we would be able to 'get a grip' out of the ensuing chaos. But then knowing that incredibly powerful aliens were the reason it had all happened might be enough.
    Life is change. Built models for decades.
    Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
    I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

Originally posted by les Brains View Post
      Well all the machines were turned off, now was this effect persisting?

If tomorrow we suddenly had no power, I suspect a good many millions would be dead from starvation real soon. Not sure we would be able to 'get a grip' out of the ensuing chaos. But then knowing that incredibly powerful aliens were the reason it had all happened might be enough.
      My God, not another one of those!!
      'By Horse by Tram'.

I was in when they needed 'em,not feeded 'em.
      " Youuu 'Orrible Lot!"

Comment

Originally posted by lcm1 View Post
        My God, not another one of those!!
        I'm unable to understand the context of your reply. Can you be a bit more elaborate?

Comment

I believe he is referring to an existent thread elsewhere dealing with apocalyptic collapse of America and/or the world.

Or not...
          Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Ah, well I have not spent too much time on other threads. It's just a movie, and a rather bland one at that.

Personally I think the ole planet could do with about 5 billions less humans on it. Not going to happen likely soon. And I doubt there are actually aliens out there that seriously care about our future

Comment

Originally posted by Dolley View Post
              I'd feel more confident about this movie if Keanu Reeves was playing the robot instead of the humanoid...
              It was hard to tell the difference. I have never seen so little emotion.
              Barcsi János ispán vezérőrnagy
              Time Magazine's Person of the Year for 2003 & 2006

"Never pet a burning dog."

RECOMMENDED WEBSITES:
              http://www.mormon.org
              http://www.sca.org
              http://www.scv.org/
              http://www.scouting.org/

Comment

Ah, well I have not spent too much time on other threads. It's just a movie, and a rather bland one at that.

Personally I think the ole planet could do with about 5 billions less humans on it. Not going to happen likely soon. And I doubt there are actually aliens out there that seriously care about our future
                Probably not, but there just might be some who don't want us cluttering up their neighborhood some day and ruining their property values.

Just think, if we find Earth-type planets to be quite rare, imagine how enticing our world might seem to a race that was from another, similar planet which, being more advanced than we are, they had already ruined. We just might look pretty good despite all the damage. And...after all...six billion people represent an enormous resource, dead or alive.
                Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

I have to admit, even while the universe is immense beyond easy comprehension, I don't think life (complex life I guess I should state clearly), is likely to be so common.

I have always felt uncomfortable with the well known mathematical assumption that because of the numerical possibilities, there must be incredible numbers of 'civilizations' in existence, merely unable to know of each other because of the magnitude of size in distance of the universe.

That one aspect of the film I thought was interesting. That they would edit out a species simply because they were putting something too rare at risk to be worth caring about the species putting it at risk.

Comment

I'm unable to understand the context of your reply. Can you be a bit more elaborate?
                    Sorry Les, I just react like that to science fiction movies.I was passing through and noticed what your subject was.
                    'By Horse by Tram'.

I was in when they needed 'em,not feeded 'em.
                    " Youuu 'Orrible Lot!"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                    X