No announcement yet.

The Day the Earth Stood Still (Remake)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Day the Earth Stood Still (Remake)

http://www.thedaytheearthstoodstillmovie.com/

"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a ugly brawl."
    --Frederick II, King of Prussia

Groan....!

Not another one! Leave the classics alone!
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...ad.php?t=65608
      FoxNEWS "The World is unfair and we are running scared"

Comment

www.whogivesaratspatootie.com

Comment

I'd feel more confident about this movie if Keanu Reeves was playing the robot instead of the humanoid...
          Love. Where does it come from?
          from The Thin Red Line

Comment

just saw it - ripped off the internet so saved soe bucks - and did well as it sucked. he he litteraly at the end.

like Schwarzie in Conan or in Terminator, Keanu Reeves acting was spot on!

the movie was really bad otherwise...
            "Freedom cannot exist without discipline, self-discipline, and rights cannot exist without duties. Those who do not observe their duties do not deserve their rights."--Oriana Fallaci

Comment

Saw the other thread by the way.

For the Keanu haters, my god, give it a rest, so he played in Bill and Ted a looooong time ago. I thought he looked ok in the film.

As for the "I don't think humanity is ever responsible" crowd, well of course you won't like the movie. Why did you watch it?

The film lacks enough of the original film such that classic film fans have nothing to fear. The name is about the only thing identical for the most part. not enough reason to get upset.

Wasn't a lot of action, which is ok, some of us can actually watch a film and not have attention span troubles.

I liked how they depicted the US governmental response, personally I think they weren't acting dumb enough.

The end sequence was fairly grim looking.

I'd have to say THIS film was a great deal less of an atrocity than Cruise's War of the Worlds film was. Although they still stuck us with a child role that is sure to annoy most. Wanted to smack that emo brat most of the film.

Worth a ticket? Well if you paid more than a rental you likely over paid.
              Bell Canada treated me to a free showing. But I don't consider it time wasted.

I find it funny though, that so many can say so much about the acting of Keanu, and then you see what people will willingly watch for tv programming, and I have to wonder if most people actually have any real capacity to appraise real acting in the first place
              Life is change. Built models for decades.
              Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
              I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

I didn't think the original was that good, so I probably won't bother with the remake.

Comment

Reeves is well known for his somewhat limited emotional range. He's not the only one, of course, and in this particular film he was supposed to be sort of "emotionally closed off" - he is, after all, an alien.

One of my film judgement standards centers on the mount of CGI involved. As a general rule, the more special effects/CGI, the less acting. There are some exceptions, of course, but not that many.

In any event, the basic theme of the original film was far more plausible than an enviro-alien destruction of all humanity. After all, if the intent is to destroy humanity to save the planet, why bother sending a messenger at all. Just do it. And why is there always one "alien" who...sniff...cares about us?

Comment

Originally posted by MountainMan View Post
                    Reeves is well known for his somewhat limited emotional range. He's not the only one, of course, and in this particular film he was supposed to be sort of "emotionally closed off" - he is, after all, an alien.
                    IMHO Keanu Reeves has as much acting skill as .......William Shatner.

Comment

Originally posted by Gorque View Post
                      IMHO Keanu Reeves has as much acting skill as .......William Shatner.
                      Hey! I love William Shatner!

"KHAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!"

Comment

Originally posted by Ogukuo72 View Post
                        Hey! I love William Shatner!

"KHAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!"
                        Me too.

"Advances in technology tend to overwhelm me."

Comment

I love him too, especially with his painful over-acting when he saw that big alien ripping engine panels off in a Twilight-zone episode.

Classic.

Comment

Originally posted by Gorque View Post
                            I love him too, especially with his painful over-acting when he saw that big alien ripping engine panels off in a Twilight-zone episode.

Classic.
                            Yep. That pretty much describes the majority of his roles! That's why I love him.

Comment

William Shatner took a role from a low-budget sixties sci-fi dressed up western show and turned it into a cultural icon the success of which spanned over forty years, seven movies, countles books and spin-offs, countless hoards of adoring fans, all while engendering enduring fame, during which time no-one on earth did a more successful parady of William Shatner than William Shatner.

Yeah, the guy was horrible.....

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X