No announcement yet.

Best war movie intro?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Purely out of curiousity, does anyone know roughly when the "opening scene" became the norm for films?
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Posted by RoadKiller:

Scroll up the page, Miss Saigon beat you to it in post 39 of this thread.

Miss Saigon posted the opening credit haircut bit. I was referring to the first full scene in the movie where the gunnery sergeant reams out all of the recruits.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain General View Post
        Sheen punching the mirror and cutting his hand was real. That wasn't scripted but Coppolla and Sheen decided to keep it in the film.
        The creepy part about that scene was that after it was over, because he was drunk, Sheen had a severe heart attack. Creepy.

The intro to that film is incredible, though. One of the most thought-provoking films ever made, IMHO.
        Best regards, Hufflepuff

Comment

speech wise patton ( i wonder why), and a bridge too far
          Life is Expensive Bullets are cheap anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice.Me
          I'm not lying I'm Just Improving the truth

Comment

'Saving Private Ryan' by a mile. The opening scene where the music suddenly changes and old Ryan walks up to the Normandy War Memorial and we see the lone fellow paratrooper by himself is very touching and moving, especially when you have grown to dedicate yourself to read and admire the many touching stories about D-day and those who fought during World War Two.

Comment

Another great opening was the one to "The Pianist;" not exactly a war film but WWII-related. That was a great movie.
              Best regards, Hufflepuff

Comment

where eagles dare
                FOR ITS ALLWAYS TO BE SEEN THE SHAMROCK AND THE GREEN IN FRONT OF THE THIN RED LINE

Comment

where eagles dare is a great movie. fun to watch.
                  Life is Expensive Bullets are cheap anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice.Me
                  I'm not lying I'm Just Improving the truth

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X