Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

X-Files: I want to believe (avoid at all costs)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X-Files: I want to believe (avoid at all costs)

As a long time fan of the show and the first movie, I went into this flick expecting a high quality production at least on par with the last one or a really good episode. I don't often say this about a movie, but I absolutely HATED it. I was mad when I left the theatre.

It is deathly slow.
    The plot is a total mess and is more fitting to a movie like Hostel or Saw.
    The characters were totally unlikeable and even cameos by XFiles regulars were thrown away.

If you had a notion of seeing this film, stay far far away. Rottentomatoes.com rates the film at 34% which is spot on.

OK, I've done my good deed of the day!
    Our forefathers died to give us freedom, not free stuff.

I write books about zombies as E.E. Isherwood. Check me out at ZombieBooks.net.

That is definitely bad news, but it confirms what I have been hearing elsewhere. It also confirms the old adage that sequels are usually a bad idea.
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

The plot felt more like a eposide of Law and Order SVU than X-Files. It was pretty bad and slow to me.
      "The people never have the power, only the illusion of it. And here is the real secret: they don't want it. The responsibility is too great to bear. It's why they are so quick to fall in line as soon as someone else takes charge."
      "

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
      X