Starship troopers 3: Marauder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starship troopers 3: Marauder

I've just watched this film. After the dreary disappointing low of ST2, this is quite a good film.

Lets be clear about this from the start: This is a silly film Taking it seriously is a bad idea. Religion does feature quite heavily in the film, so its bound to **** off zealots, but I just think that adds to the fun. The Special effects while worse appearing than the first ST film, are miles better than the second. There are some gory bits and boobies (the ST films have a tradition to maintain) so Letting sprogs see it is most likely a bad idea. The Film also address' one of the complaints about the first one, by focusing more on the fascist side of the government

There are some very good points. The name "Marauder" is there for a reason. Its not even mentioned in the trailers I've seen, so it comes as a nice surprise. Those of you who have read the book will get it. And they're very much like the book describes them.

There's also so references to other sci-fi/war films. Such as "Today is a good day to die!", "Where is your god now?", the noise the scanners make is the same as the 1953 Martian war machines and the Q-bomb reminds me allot of Darkstar for some reason.

I suspect this film will be even better if you add in beer. But even sober its good.

"God is a citizen too"
    Winnie says
    ---------------------------------
    "He fell out of a Gestapo car, over a bridge, and onto a railway line. Then was run over by the Berlin Express.

It was an Accident."
    Herr Flick.

I think I might have to watch this then.

Darkstar not many know that classic
    FoxNEWS "The World is unfair and we are running scared"

Comment

Starship Troopers 3: The Return of the Orkin Man

Darkstar - truly a cult classic!

Funny: "Today is a good day to die" and "Where is your god now?" are both quotes from old Western movies. "today is a good day to duie" was an old Indian saying before going into battle.

The only "Marauders" I remember from the book were the forward scouts. There were three basic armored suits: the Marauder, the Command and the Standard MI.
      Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by MountainMan View Post
        The only "Marauders" I remember from the book were the forward scouts. There were three basic armored suits: the Marauder, the Command and the Standard MI.
        Command, Scout and Marauder. Marauder was the basic Suit.
        Winnie says
        ---------------------------------
        "He fell out of a Gestapo car, over a bridge, and onto a railway line. Then was run over by the Berlin Express.

It was an Accident."
        Herr Flick.

Comment

Originally posted by Listy View Post
          Command, Scout and Marauder. Marauder was the basic Suit.
          You're right! At least I recognized it. And the MI were the executioners, "the sleepy looking guys in the ranks." I need to re-read my copy of that book.

Comment

finally saw it. very very average....
            "Freedom cannot exist without discipline, self-discipline, and rights cannot exist without duties. Those who do not observe their duties do not deserve their rights."--Oriana Fallaci

Comment

Probably not enough beer!

The troubkle with science fiction is that either it's really good or really awful.

Comment

The given that Starship Troopers was such an excellent book, I wish Hollywood would just leave it alone.

Comment

I've not seen the movie yet. However, after checking out some of the clips on YouTube I think I might need more beer (Guiness) than my wife will allow in the house!!

Comment

Originally posted by Martok View Post
                    The given that Starship Troopers was such an excellent book, I wish Hollywood would just leave it alone.
                    I agree with this sentiment. However, I will take Listy's advice, grab a few beers, and watch ST3.

Thanks Listy!
                    History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon. Napoleon Bonaparte
                    _________
                    BoRG

Comment

I enjoyed ST3 although I was reasonably tanked up at the time. It added to the first, which is what you want a sequel to do, while remaining disturbing politically and morally.
                      How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
                      Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

Originally posted by Martok View Post
                        I liked the book, and I liked the first film. Haven't seen the second or third. Don't particularly feel I'm missing anything. ;-)
                        My board games blog: The Brass Castle

Comment

You don't need to see the second. The third follows straight on from the 1st.
                          Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

Most importantly, there are boobs.
                            If you can't set a good example, be a glaring warning.

Comment

Originally posted by freightshaker View Post
                              Most importantly, there are boobs.
                              In both senses of the word .

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X