The Dark Knight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by daemonofdecay View Post
    The only advertising I saw here in Texas was in the theatres themselves, up until about a month before the movies release. Then I started to see tv ads and such.

I believe that the original plans for advertising had to be radically changed in light of Ledger's death, and I really didn't see lots of his image being used in advertisements up until they started showing clips from the movie in tv spots.

The executives/ad agency probably felt that using lots of Ledger soon after his death would be in poor taste, and probably have a negative reaction from the public at large.

They could have used his corpse as a ventriloquist's dummy for Talk-show appearances.
    Clips with Ledger began with the onset of advertising in this area. Maybe they thought us Westerners didn't go to movies that much! Shucks...we've got electric lights and even indoor plumbing!
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by MountainMan View Post
      Clips with Ledger began with the onset of advertising in this area. Maybe they thought us Westerners didn't go to movies that much! Shucks...we've got electric lights and even indoor plumbing!
      Cement ponds and electric ice-boxes too!

To be fair, DoD does live in The Woodlands, which outlawed billboards or any signs that are too big or that stand out, so the only advertising we get here is on the internet or tv.

Comment

Cement ponds and electric ice-boxes too!

To be fair, DoD does live in The Woodlands, which outlawed billboards or any signs that are too big or that stand out, so the only advertising we get here is on the internet or tv.
        Now that just wasn't fair! That there was a gift from Aunt Ida, from the Sears Catalog - you know - the pages she didn't use in the outhouse!

Comment

Originally posted by MountainMan View Post
          Now that just wasn't fair! That there was a gift from Aunt Ida, from the Sears Catalog - you know - the pages she didn't use in the outhouse!
          Out. . . house? What is this outer house you speak of?

Everything was better, back in the day. Thats for sure.

Comment

Great

One of the best movies I have ever been to. This is by far the best movie that I have watched in a theater since Blackhawk Down.
            Solid plot, great acting (Bale is superb as well) funny moments, sad moments and certainly disturbing moments with the Joker and Two Face.

Loved it!!

Chad
            "History does not entrust the care of freedom to the weak or timid." Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

Out. . . house? What is this outer house you speak of?

Everything was better, back in the day. Thats for sure.
              It is a temple erected to the passing of great things...

Comment

I enjoyed the movie, but have a few issues...why have the scarecrow in it for such a brief time? If you wanted to show continuity from the first film you could have done it with Alfred and Commissioner Gordon. The scarecrow's no threat now.

I didn't like how Bale made his voice sound in this movie, too deep and raspy.

There was too much made out of the mob angle, and the trip to Japan was extraneous and didn't further the plot.

That said, it was very well made and fun to watch.
                Love. Where does it come from?
                from The Thin Red Line

Comment

Originally posted by Dolley View Post
                  I enjoyed the movie, but have a few issues...why have the scarecrow in it for such a brief time? If you wanted to show continuity from the first film you could have done it with Alfred and Commissioner Gordon. The scarecrow's no threat now.
                  Its just wraping up loose ends. The Scarecrow escaped from Batman if the first film during all the chaos, and this movie just shows how he was persuing the Scarecrow because he was a villain that was still causing problems (and the Joker wasn't well known yet).

I didn't like how Bale made his voice sound in this movie, too deep and raspy.
                  The Angry Video Game Nerd did a very hilarious version of Batman in his latest "review".

"I'mBatmannn!"

There was too much made out of the mob angle, and the trip to Japan was extraneous and didn't further the plot.
                  It was China, actually. But I agree, it did seem out of place. But then again, it was a pretty cool scene. Just not that necessary. It could have been rewritten for Batman to grab him in Gotham or somesuch.

That said, it was very well made and fun to watch.
                  Agreed!

Comment

It was China, actually. But I agree, it did seem out of place. But then again, it was a pretty cool scene. Just not that necessary. It could have been rewritten for Batman to grab him in Gotham or somesuch.
                    See, they could have cut that part and saved us 10 minutes or so off the overall length. I was nodding off toward the end...but then, I'd taken the teens and their friends to the midnight show. Lots of 18-25 year olds there with their Joker make-up on. Did I see you there?
                    Love. Where does it come from?
                    from The Thin Red Line

Comment

Originally posted by Dolley View Post
                      See, they could have cut that part and saved us 10 minutes or so off the overall length. I was nodding off toward the end...but then, I'd taken the teens and their friends to the midnight show. Lots of 18-25 year olds there with their Joker make-up on. Did I see you there?
                      Nope, I was with a friend and his family, so I didn't have the time to put it on.

I only saw one kid in joker makeup at the opening night show, so I was disapointed.

Where the heck are the nerds in DoD's area? Seriously!

Comment

I think it is the best Batman of all as well. But I also think it was about a half an hour too long. They could have greatly reduced the Batman fighting the SWAT Team in the office building scene and not hurt a thing.

Comment

It doesn't often happen in hollywood films but in the case of Heath Ledger's Joker I saw the character instead of the actor portraying a character. Had I not known that it was Ledger playing Joker i would probably never have guessed. Not once during the movie did I think of him when i saw the Joker on screen. It was just Joker, and that is in my opinion a sign of good acting.

Comment

I saw it and really liked it. (I wasn't expecting much) but all actors played really well. Joker was fantastic! and the story was nice - too bad they put too much stuff in one movie - there was material for 2-3 movies here with Joker, Dent, etc.
                            "Freedom cannot exist without discipline, self-discipline, and rights cannot exist without duties. Those who do not observe their duties do not deserve their rights."--Oriana Fallaci

Comment

It's an incredible film.
                              It's the best but also the darkest batman to be made. It's getting to the level of darkness that is found in the comics.
                              There was a really critical article in the Daily Mail (I don't like the paper but I happened to read it), saying that it should have been censored, that it promoting knife crime etc, but that's a load of rubbish, the way the joker is portrayed as killing and the things he says about it is enough to make someone never want to go anywhere near another person with a knife. If it encourages anyone to knife anyone, they probably have the type of mind that was wanting to do it before and it would just be a matter of time.
                              That said, I don't think it's 12A certificate was right. It should have been a 15. When I saw it, there was what looked like a 10 yr old watching it. That's got to be mentally damaging!

Great film though!
                              "In Critical and baffling situations, it is always best to return to first principle and simple action." Sir Winston Churchill.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X