The Day the Earth Stood Still 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Day the Earth Stood Still 2008

Saw the Trailer today. I am a big fan of the original. I did like the look of the trailer and I am looking forward to to seeing this.

Keanu Reeves is not a surprise, who is better at playing an emotionless non-human then him

Other Actor include

Kathy Bates
    Jennifer Connelly
    John Cleese
    Alisen Down
    FoxNEWS "The World is unfair and we are running scared"

Originally posted by PatBC View Post
    Saw the Trailer today. I am a big fan of the original. I did like the look of the trailer and I am looking forward to to seeing this.

Keanu Reeves is not a surprise, who is better at playing an emotionless non-human then him

Other Actor include

Kathy Bates
    Jennifer Connelly
    John Cleese
    Alisen Down
    Please, PLEASE...tell me you're kidding. Or tell me that Reeves plays Gort.

AAAAAGGGHHH!!! Is nothing sacred anymore?
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Keanu Reeves = William Shatner

Klaatu Barada Nikto

Comment

The trailer and the many other sceince fiction I have read gives me a hint of the storyline. In this context a rigid emotionless actor makes alot of sense. Keanu Reeves in the right role can be a very effective actor.

While there is the same characters names and general story theme, the plot elements appear quite different.

Hint below on movie theme

Comment

This is quite the timing as I just recorded the original the other night and planned on watching it again for the first time in a long time this weekend.

I have a problem with those trying to “remake a classic”. Sorry, can’t help it but hope that it bombs. Would hate to hear that those idiots in Hollywood were able to cash in when they demonstrate a total lack of originality.

Comment

Originally posted by Gorque View Post
            Keanu Reeves = William Shatner

Klaatu Barada Nikto

more like "Klaatu barada Keano..."

Please, people - we are talking about one of the most classic of all classics in the sci-fi world - let's not lose our perspective.

Comment

The storyline takes a huge leap from the original, passes it, and continues on. I'm really looking foward to this one.... Keanu reeves is a horrid actor! With of course the exception of Constantine, which was a excellent flick and well acted. A gem among turds. I really didn't expect his preformance to be half-way decent in that one, and as it turned out, it was really well done.

Comment

Originally posted by Marines View Post
                The storyline takes a huge leap from the original, passes it, and continues on. I'm really looking foward to this one.... Keanu reeves is a horrid actor! With of course the exception of Constantine, which was a excellent flick and well acted. A gem among turds. I really didn't expect his preformance to be half-way decent in that one, and as it turned out, it was really well done.
                Where does it leap "from, "pass" to and "carry on" to where? Let me guess - the alien messenger is actually Al Gore warning us bout global warming...and Gort the Robot is played by Dick Cheney....

Comment

Saw the trailer at the Dark Night movie the other night. It scared me as well. So much of Sci Fi was a part of the original that it almost seems a crime to try and remake it. I would be a greater fan of casting an unknown as Klato.

Comment

So they trailer and will have to see it to see if it sucks or not, but to guess I would say no.
                    "The people never have the power, only the illusion of it. And here is the real secret: they don't want it. The responsibility is too great to bear. It's why they are so quick to fall in line as soon as someone else takes charge."
                    "

Comment

Cant Hollywood Do Anything Original Anymore?remaking A 50 Year Old Movie With Keanu Is A Horrid Idea.hope It Flops
                      If the art of war were nothing but the art of avoiding risks,glory would become the prey of mediocre minds. Napoleon

Comment

There no such thing as an original idea every possible story has been told in the past. Besides re-filimng old ideas makes money which is all Hollywood or most film producers care about.

Re-made films can be much better then the original contrast Superman 1978 with the 1950's superman. Or the Fly. Even Hitichcock knew that re-makes could be better.

Comment

Originally posted by PatBC View Post
                          There no such thing as an original idea every possible story has been told in the past. Besides re-filimng old ideas makes money which is all Hollywood or most film producers care about.

Re-made films can be much better then the original contrast Superman 1978 with the 1950's superman. Or the Fly. Even Hitichcock knew that re-makes could be better.
                          Yes, he did...but there hasn't been a director like Hitchcock for a long, long time.

Comment

I cant believe that with all the great literature out there, that there isn't good material.. Like PATBC says must be the money.
                            If the art of war were nothing but the art of avoiding risks,glory would become the prey of mediocre minds. Napoleon

Comment

Most literature is too long, the general rule for converting a book to movie is 60 pages equal an hour. So if the book is 240 pages long you have to eliminate 1/4 of the story to fit it in a 3 hour movie.

Of course comic books work great on the 60 pages.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X