X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cst784
    replied
    Originally posted by Sgt Ken View Post
    what was that movie with chuk Norris fighting some guys trying to take over Dade countrys yeah right !i think it was X-mas time or something in the movie and they were shooting the crap out of peoples X-mass tree,s?
    I believe you are thinking of Invasion USA in the mid-80's.

Leave a comment:

• cst784
    replied
    Originally posted by Marines View Post
    China? They don't even have a blue water navy/airborne force capable of a proper invasion of Taiwan, let alone the 9,000+ klick journey to the western seaboard.

Read the article again, mate. Also, do a bit of research via google yourself concerning this flick. It in no way is focused upon conventional warfare.
    Who needs the blue water navy to get their troops here, all you have to do for a movie is have them pile out of the Costco cargo ships on the west coast ports and bang instant invasion. Since it is on the big screen the majority of the public will believe it could happen, to hell with the logistics actually making this unlikely to impossible.

Leave a comment:

• Jim H. Moreno
    replied
    I can't quite picture airborne al-Qaeda, Al-Aqsa Martyrs Brigade, Ansar al-Sunna, etc etc etc paradropping into American suberbia.
    Good point. But, I think they may not have to, at least at the very start. That is, until those already within America made it much easier for them to do so. They've done it once already.

Leave a comment:

• Erkki
    replied
    Originally posted by pp(est) View Post
    ROFLMAO

You should do stand up!
    This is my favorite

Leave a comment:

• pp(est)
    replied
    Red Dawn was one of my favorite as a kid.

However, I cannot see how they could make an effective remake today unless its some alternative history flick, which is unlikely to sell. Or maybe they'll set it some 20-30 years in the future - in that case and a good stretch of imagination China might work.

Leave a comment:

• pp(est)
    replied
    Originally posted by Emil_G View Post
    There was some anti-American propaganda in the USSR too...
    ROFLMAO

You should do stand up!

Leave a comment:

• Sgt Ken
    replied
    what was that movie with chuk Norris fighting some guys trying to take over Dade countrys yeah right !i think it was X-mas time or something in the movie and they were shooting the crap out of peoples X-mass tree,s?

Leave a comment:

• PatBC
    replied
    China? They don't even have a blue water navy/airborne force capable of a proper invasion of Taiwan, let alone the 9,000+ klick journey to the western seaboard.

Read the article again, mate. Also, do a bit of research via google yourself concerning this flick. It in no way is focused upon conventional warfare.
    Hmmmm

Let me think if Hollywood has ever made a movie ignoring the impossibility of invading USA. Oh yes I have thought of such a movie it was called Red Dawn

If you had actual read the article the OP had linked you would know that it in no way mentions any details at all what the plot would.

Since they just picked a writer and a director it is unlikely anybody know for sure what the plot will be.

Leave a comment:

• Marines
    replied
    Originally posted by PatBC View Post
    I think it will be China. Robert Heinlein did China in 1950;s

Leave a comment:

• Erkki
    replied
    Oh what a sight, hundreds of white/grey/black camouflaged guys landing on a parking lot.
    You can see one land on the hood of a brand new jeep as the owners just comes out from the store, the owner sreams:Man that honna cost ya il sue your pants of!
    The Chinese paratroopers reply:RATATATA
    Last edited by Erkki; 12 Jul 08, 14:52.

Leave a comment:

• ace
    replied
    Originally posted by MountainMan View Post
    Hundreds of Chinese paratroopers drifting down into the parking lots of WalMart?
    I was more thinking of that scene when the Russian paratroopers land during the high school history lesson and shoot the teacher
    Last edited by ace; 12 Jul 08, 12:17.

Leave a comment:

• PatBC
    replied
    Originally posted by MountainMan View Post
    Hundreds of Chinese paratroopers drifting down into the parking lots of WalMart?
    Wal-Mart came to China in 1996. The first Supercenter and SAM'S CLUB were opened in Shenzhen, Guangdong Province. Today, there are 104 units in 55 cities, including 99 Supercenters, 3 SAMíS CLUBs and 2 Neighborhood Markets. Across China Wal-Mart employs over 50,000 associates.
    http://www.wal-martchina.com/english/walmart/index.htm

which is part of why I think a real war between China and the US is no more likely then between Germany and France.

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    Originally posted by ace View Post
    China would be a good possibility

Leave a comment:

• ace
    replied
    Originally posted by PatBC View Post
    I think it will be China. Robert Heinlein did China in 1950;s
    China would be a good possibility

Leave a comment:

• ace
    replied
    my guess it will become a good popcorn movie

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics