Red Dawn remake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sgt Ken View Post
    I liked red dawn,but some of you are right Hollywood anymore cant make a great movie i think they did to many drugs and drinking and burned out there little brains when they make a cowboy movie i keep looking for a Ford F-250 to come into town it just dose not feel like a real cowboy movie and dont stat me on Broke back mountain i misread that and thought it was a old western about some cowboys tracking the bad cows over a mountain range and when they met up with them they would have a shoot out ,BOY WAS I WRONG,i liked movie,s like Lonely are the Brave with Kirk Douglas in it and the only thing he loved was his horse and not like them boys in Broke back mountain
    I agree totally about Humpback Mountain. What a total piece of crap.

Eastwood still knows how to make a Western, while the remake of 3:10 To Yuma shows that Hollywood is capable of getting it right when they put their minds to it.

But is it Hollywood's fault - they are, after all market driven - or is it the audiences themselves?

Next up for discussion: The Evils Of Sequels.

Comment

I'm afraid we're to blame over here in Asia. We would watch anything. Films that do badly in the US usually could at least hope to recoup their budget if there's a well known name in it over here in Asia.

Comment

Are you allowed to watch foreign films without restrictions?

Comment

It could be done very well as a remake if the movie focuses upon the previous Cold-War premise, however, they're not doing that. Using the post 9/11 environment as a stage, I simply don't see how this production team can work any "magic" into a screenplay of any substance. Red Dawn is an instant classic, in fact, it's one of my most favorite films of all time. But this....

I can't quite picture airborne al-Qaeda, Al-Aqsa Martyrs Brigade, Ansar al-Sunna, etc etc etc paradropping into American suberbia. Yes, I know that's a rather lame visualization, but come on. A modern day Red Dawn attack upon America utilizing known terrorist orgs, something that totally desimates the States as a whole?

Sounds like a load of bollocks too me.

Comment

My money is on A) South Americans, B) China, C) A coalition of assorted countries or D) The Russians invading the US after a depression which results in isolationism.

Comment

I think it will be China. Robert Heinlein did China in 1950;s
              FoxNEWS "The World is unfair and we are running scared"

Comment

my guess it will become a good popcorn movie
                "The people never have the power, only the illusion of it. And here is the real secret: they don't want it. The responsibility is too great to bear. It's why they are so quick to fall in line as soon as someone else takes charge."
                "

Comment

Originally posted by PatBC View Post
                  China would be a good possibility
                  "The people never have the power, only the illusion of it. And here is the real secret: they don't want it. The responsibility is too great to bear. It's why they are so quick to fall in line as soon as someone else takes charge."
                  "

Comment

Originally posted by ace View Post
                    China would be a good possibility
                    Hundreds of Chinese paratroopers drifting down into the parking lots of WalMart?

Comment

Originally posted by MountainMan View Post
                      Hundreds of Chinese paratroopers drifting down into the parking lots of WalMart?
                      Wal-Mart came to China in 1996. The first Supercenter and SAM'S CLUB were opened in Shenzhen, Guangdong Province. Today, there are 104 units in 55 cities, including 99 Supercenters, 3 SAM’S CLUBs and 2 Neighborhood Markets. Across China Wal-Mart employs over 50,000 associates.
                      http://www.wal-martchina.com/english/walmart/index.htm

which is part of why I think a real war between China and the US is no more likely then between Germany and France.

Comment

Originally posted by MountainMan View Post
                        I was more thinking of that scene when the Russian paratroopers land during the high school history lesson and shoot the teacher
                        Last edited by ace; 12 Jul 08, 12:17.
                        "

Comment

Oh what a sight, hundreds of white/grey/black camouflaged guys landing on a parking lot.
                          You can see one land on the hood of a brand new jeep as the owners just comes out from the store, the owner sreams:Man that honna cost ya il sue your pants of!
                          The Chinese paratroopers reply:RATATATA
                          Last edited by Erkki; 12 Jul 08, 14:52.
                          “For there is nothing more serious than a lunatic when he comes to the central point of his lunacy.”

Max Sterner

Comment

Originally posted by PatBC View Post
                            China? They don't even have a blue water navy/airborne force capable of a proper invasion of Taiwan, let alone the 9,000+ klick journey to the western seaboard.

Read the article again, mate. Also, do a bit of research via google yourself concerning this flick. It in no way is focused upon conventional warfare.

Comment

Originally posted by Marines View Post
                              China? They don't even have a blue water navy/airborne force capable of a proper invasion of Taiwan, let alone the 9,000+ klick journey to the western seaboard.

Read the article again, mate. Also, do a bit of research via google yourself concerning this flick. It in no way is focused upon conventional warfare.
                              Hmmmm

Let me think if Hollywood has ever made a movie ignoring the impossibility of invading USA. Oh yes I have thought of such a movie it was called Red Dawn

If you had actual read the article the OP had linked you would know that it in no way mentions any details at all what the plot would.

Since they just picked a writer and a director it is unlikely anybody know for sure what the plot will be.

Comment

what was that movie with chuk Norris fighting some guys trying to take over Dade countrys yeah right !i think it was X-mas time or something in the movie and they were shooting the crap out of peoples X-mass tree,s?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X