Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Taking of Pelham 123

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The Taking of Pelham 123

    Another remake of yet another classic!



    And involving Denzel Washington as a cynical hard-bitten cop - AGAIN!

    Yet one more evidence of Hollywood's desperation and lack of creativity.

  • #2
    That would be the second remake of that film, they made a version in 1998, with Vincent D'Onofrio and Donnie Wahlberg. Much prefer the 1974 version.
    Never Fear the Event

    Admiral Lord Nelson

    Comment


    • #3
      My guess is that it will not
      be as good, no matter how good an actor Washington is.

      That was a classic crime film.

      "It might interest you to know that I figured out how you are going to do it"

      "It would interest me a great deal"

      "You are going to fly the train to Cuba"

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Post Captain View Post
        That would be the second remake of that film, they made a version in 1998, with Vincent D'Onofrio and Donnie Wahlberg. Much prefer the 1974 version.
        So do I. Unless the director is breaking new ground, remakes are seldom up to par.
        Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

        Comment


        • #5
          you guys are right they have lost there edge makeing movies its like reading a book over and over ,how much fun is that?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Sgt Ken View Post
            you guys are right they have lost there edge makeing movies its like reading a book over and over ,how much fun is that?
            Hollywood is playing to the younger audience whik likely did not see the original. Unfortunately, a lot of people are still around who did.
            Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

            Comment


            • #7
              Well, the good news is that it might help revive some of those classics that people are already beginning to forget. Some of the audiences would probably want to go and rent the old films.

              Comment


              • #8
                Call, me old, but I have never seen any case where the remake was superior to the original. By remake, I mean the same story line. Simply using the same title does not make it a remake. That is a different story with the same title and general idea. More profanity and explosions does not make it a better movie, and that is mostly what I see when I see "remakes".
                "Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!"

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by F4UCorsair View Post
                  Call, me old, but I have never seen any case where the remake was superior to the original. By remake, I mean the same story line. Simply using the same title does not make it a remake. That is a different story with the same title and general idea. More profanity and explosions does not make it a better movie, and that is mostly what I see when I see "remakes".
                  Especially true of the remake of Assault on Pct 13 that dident even have the ice cream scene included

                  All they did was add the usual overdone 1,000 times already corrupt cops plot and some more explosions.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    When the film was made in 1974, the New York Subway Authority as the price for cooperation in making the film, made the Producers take out insurance against someone doing it for real. I wonder if the producers of the new film are having to that.
                    War is less costly than servitude

                    Comment

                    Latest Topics

                    Collapse

                    Working...
                    X