Paint Your Wagon/Kelly's Heroes...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paint Your Wagon/Kelly's Heroes...

We watched 'Paint Your Wagon' the other day, I'd forgotten how much that flim could brighten your day. A year later Clint made a film that was a little landmark for us kids, I was 13 at the time. A pop song for a theme tune, and the daftest story ever told, but a truly gripping war film... 'Kelly's Heroes'!
    We sat in the dark, engrossed, as 'real' Tigers roamed free, not pale grey M48s with daft looking black crosses stuck all over 'em. it took us years to work out they were really T34s in drag. I wonder if those original three 'Tigers' still exist, not till very recently were those vehicles bettered on the silver screen?
    We had a lovely, bone idle day in a trip to yesteryear, spending the later evening playing the soundtracks to both these magnificent films.
    The long toll of the brave
    Is not lost in darkness
    Over the fruitful earth
    And athwart the seas
    Hath passed the light of noble deeds
    Unquenchable forever.

Paint your wagon is one of my dad’s favourites films, I might grab a DVD for him to enjoy it again.

I have Kelly’s Hero’s on my computer, I never get tired of watching it.
    "In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
    Ernest Hemingway.

"The more I learn about people, The more I love my dog".
    Mark Twain.

Comment

I went shopping online for Paint your Wagon DVD for my dad, they had a three movie deal for $20. So I grabbed that film, the 'Great Escape' and 'A fistful of Dollars.'
      "In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
      Ernest Hemingway.

"The more I learn about people, The more I love my dog".
      Mark Twain.

Comment

Two very different but very good films.

Comment

I like Kelly's Heroes very much.

Comment

I think I recall some Advanced Squad Leader games we cooked up based on variations of "Kelly's Heroes".
            TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch
            “War is merely the continuation of politics by other means” - von Clausewitz
            Present Current Events are the Future's History

Comment

Both are great films.
              Kelly's Heroes has the right balance of comedy and tragedy to ensure a rollicking and entertaining war/heist movie.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X