Hollywood is not even trying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hollywood is not even trying

is it me or is Hollywood not even trying anymore on movies. I just came across this move and I think it proves it.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1213644/
    "The people never have the power, only the illusion of it. And here is the real secret: they don't want it. The responsibility is too great to bear. It's why they are so quick to fall in line as soon as someone else takes charge."
    "

Well, yeah, but I don't know that this is anything new. The amazing thing is what gets watched. (Of course I love movies which are so bad that they end up Mystery Science Theater 3000 material). This one looks to less "bad" than just lame.
    Signed
    Jason Friedberg
    "Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!"

Comment

Originally posted by ace View Post
      is it me or is Hollywood not even trying anymore on movies. I just came across this move and I think it proves it.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1213644/
      The thing is, this stuff sells pretty well to certain segments of the market. As long as they make money without having to spend a whole lot in production, Hollywood will keep grinding this junk out.
      Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

I saw a trailer of this when I saw the Hulk. (or maybe it was Get Smart) I just rolled my eyes and laughed.
        Last edited by Tsar; 28 Jun 08, 18:51.
        Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

Originally posted by F4UCorsair View Post
          Well, yeah, but I don't know that this is anything new. The amazing thing is what gets watched. (Of course I love movies which are so bad that they end up Mystery Science Theater 3000 material). This one looks to less "bad" than just lame.
          Signed
          Jason Friedberg
          I miss Mystery Science Theater.
          Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Hey, If "Meet the Spartans" was made, Anything is possible.

Comment

It sounds the same as "epic movie" which was just utter rubbish. Same directors.
              Never Fear the Event

Admiral Lord Nelson

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X