Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Band of Brothers movie

Hello everybody,

Has anybody watched this great epic miniseries based on Stephen Ambrose's book, "The Band of Brothers"? It has 10 parts, each about an hour and 15 minutes. I watched them on the DVDs, and oh boy, let me say this, it's a great movie!

In my opinion, it deserves a place next to the best war movie of all, the "Saving Private Ryan." It deserves five stars and two thumbs up! I think in some areas, it's way much better than the "Saving Private Ryan," especially in the combat scenes. In some parts, the combat is an ongoing scene for nearly an hour! God, I love this, and I am thinking about buying it (I had rented the movie, costing me a bundle of money, but oh well, it was worth the price!).

At the end, it made me burst out in tears, I salute the "Easy" Company of 101st Airborne Division. They first trained in Tocoa, leading all way to where they fought in D-Day invasion in Normandy, from there, witnessing some actions in "Market Garden" operation, Bastogne, Foy, Hangeshu, and at last capturing the Hitler's "Eagle Nest" fortress in Bavaria, Germany.

I honestly recommend this great war movie!

Dan
    Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

"Aim small, miss small."

Hey, that's cool, 'cause I got the DVDs for Christmas. I just didn't get around to viewing them yet, but after your raving review I'm very much looking forward to it

Comment

Watched it when it first came out on cable.I thought it was good.

Comment

What a great series.The problem I had was the presentation of Soeble, he seemed much more of a shadowy disrespected figure in the book.
        Doesn't read Al Franken, can't watch Al Jazeera, will attack dumbasses. Anyone but Rumsfeld '04.

Comment

Originally posted by Headshot
          What a great series.The problem I had was the presentation of Soeble, he seemed much more of a shadowy disrespected figure in the book.
          but even in the book no one would say that to his face...would you?

Comment

true, but the book had it kinda narrarated in, the idea of him being inferior
            Doesn't read Al Franken, can't watch Al Jazeera, will attack dumbasses. Anyone but Rumsfeld '04.

Comment

I never saw the movie, but i did see "Saving Private Ryan" and loved it, so looks like im gonna buy "Band of Brothers"

Comment

mario

Mario, I have the series, I'll bring it over to Whitey's next time if you want and I'll give it to you.
                Negative.

Comment

Thanks llama-boy

Comment

llama?

Comment

llama?

llama? I'll have to deem you Italian Stallion.
                      Negative.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• casanova
                        Robi P.
                        by casanova
                        The Austrian soldier Toni P. of the Radetzky barack in Horn Nether Austria was forced by his commander to make an march with his comrades in 3th August...
                        Today, 02:27
                      • casanova
                        Beirut
                        by casanova
                        Gigantic explosion in the city of Beirut. 70 people were killed and 2750 men were heavy hurted. The explosion was like atomic bomb. The cause of that...
                        Today, 00:47
                      • casanova
                        Nuclear battleheads.
                        by casanova
                        A secret UNO report declares, that North Korea owns already nuclear battleheads for tactical rockets....
                        Yesterday, 23:58
                      Working...
                      X