Non-War Films ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non-War Films ?

What non-war films have you watched in the last 30 days?
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

I watch one or two movies a week with my wife. Most are forgettable. I'm trying to remember the last really good movie I saw.
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" Beatrice Evelyn Hall
    Updated for the 21st century... except if you are criticizing islam, that scares the $hii+e out of me!

Comment

I just thought of a good movie I saw.

YESTERDAY

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8079248/

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" Beatrice Evelyn Hall
      Updated for the 21st century... except if you are criticizing islam, that scares the $hii+e out of me!

Comment

I also saw the latest take on "A Star is Born". It was pretty good.

And Bohemian Rhapsody.

I must be on a musical bent.

Comment

Originally posted by 17thfabn View Post
          I watch one or two movies a week with my wife. Most are forgettable. I'm trying to remember the last really good movie I saw.
          That "last really good movie" is the sticky part, isn't it"

My latest: Girl In The Spider's Web

Comment

Ford VS ferarri

Comment

Originally posted by jeffdoorgunnr View Post
              Ford VS ferarri
              Haven't seen it yet. Not sure any of these measure up to the original: Grand Prix.

Comment

I find that there are a lot more good mini-series than movies the last few years.

Compare "Saving Private Ryan" a great movie to the greatest war Mini-series "Band of Brothers".

The character development done in BoB would be impossible in a movie.

The BoB min-series did an excellent job of adapting the book. A movie would have had to have cut a lot more corners.

Comment

Originally posted by 17thfabn View Post
                  I find that there are a lot more good mini-series than movies the last few years.

Compare "Saving Private Ryan" a great movie to the greatest war Mini-series "Band of Brothers".

The character development done in BoB would be impossible in a movie.

The BoB min-series did an excellent job of adapting the book. A movie would have had to have cut a lot more corners.
                  True, but this tread is specifically about non-war movies.

Comment

Watched ‘uncut gems’ last night. Oh dear. I’ve had trips to the ER that were more enjoyable. I kept watching in the hopes I’d see some Guy Ritchie magic, but all it ended up as was 2 hours of my life I will never get back, and Adam Sandler proving that he is a B grade comic at best, and a ‘D’ grade serious actor.
                    Matthew 5:9 Blessed are the cheesemakers

That's right bitches. I'm blessed!

Comment

Originally posted by Rojik View Post
                      Watched ‘uncut gems’ last night. Oh dear. I’ve had trips to the ER that were more enjoyable. I kept watching in the hopes I’d see some Guy Ritchie magic, but all it ended up as was 2 hours of my life I will never get back, and Adam Sandler proving that he is a B grade comic at best, and a ‘D’ grade serious actor.
                      I agree on Sandler, I rate him a D grade comic I don't think the guy is funny at all.
                      Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Originally posted by Trung Si View Post

I agree on Sandler, I rate him a D grade comic I don't think the guy is funny at all.
                        I never watch him.

Comment

Arrival

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                            Arrival

I saw that a while back. Was very good. I'm not a big sci fi person. But in the last few years I've seen a couple of very good space movies.

"The Space Between Us " was a very good space movie.

Comment

Watching "Danny Collins" tonight I'd give it 4 out of 5 stars. Has Al Pacino and some other pretty big stars.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1772288...nm_flmg_act_14

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X