Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Non-War Films ?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Non-War Films ?

    What non-war films have you watched in the last 30 days?
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

  • #2
    I watch one or two movies a week with my wife. Most are forgettable. I'm trying to remember the last really good movie I saw.
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" Beatrice Evelyn Hall
    Updated for the 21st century... except if you are criticizing islam, that scares the $hii+e out of me!

    Comment


    • #3
      I just thought of a good movie I saw.

      YESTERDAY

      https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8079248/



      "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" Beatrice Evelyn Hall
      Updated for the 21st century... except if you are criticizing islam, that scares the $hii+e out of me!

      Comment


      • #4
        I also saw the latest take on "A Star is Born". It was pretty good.

        And Bohemian Rhapsody.

        I must be on a musical bent.
        "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" Beatrice Evelyn Hall
        Updated for the 21st century... except if you are criticizing islam, that scares the $hii+e out of me!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by 17thfabn View Post
          I watch one or two movies a week with my wife. Most are forgettable. I'm trying to remember the last really good movie I saw.
          That "last really good movie" is the sticky part, isn't it"

          My latest: Girl In The Spider's Web



          Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

          Comment


          • #6
            Ford VS ferarri

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by jeffdoorgunnr View Post
              Ford VS ferarri
              Haven't seen it yet. Not sure any of these measure up to the original: Grand Prix.

              Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

              Comment


              • #8
                I find that there are a lot more good mini-series than movies the last few years.

                Compare "Saving Private Ryan" a great movie to the greatest war Mini-series "Band of Brothers".

                The character development done in BoB would be impossible in a movie.

                The BoB min-series did an excellent job of adapting the book. A movie would have had to have cut a lot more corners.

                "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" Beatrice Evelyn Hall
                Updated for the 21st century... except if you are criticizing islam, that scares the $hii+e out of me!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by 17thfabn View Post
                  I find that there are a lot more good mini-series than movies the last few years.

                  Compare "Saving Private Ryan" a great movie to the greatest war Mini-series "Band of Brothers".

                  The character development done in BoB would be impossible in a movie.

                  The BoB min-series did an excellent job of adapting the book. A movie would have had to have cut a lot more corners.
                  True, but this tread is specifically about non-war movies.
                  Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Watched ‘uncut gems’ last night. Oh dear. I’ve had trips to the ER that were more enjoyable. I kept watching in the hopes I’d see some Guy Ritchie magic, but all it ended up as was 2 hours of my life I will never get back, and Adam Sandler proving that he is a B grade comic at best, and a ‘D’ grade serious actor.
                    Matthew 5:9 Blessed are the cheesemakers

                    That's right bitches. I'm blessed!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Rojik View Post
                      Watched ‘uncut gems’ last night. Oh dear. I’ve had trips to the ER that were more enjoyable. I kept watching in the hopes I’d see some Guy Ritchie magic, but all it ended up as was 2 hours of my life I will never get back, and Adam Sandler proving that he is a B grade comic at best, and a ‘D’ grade serious actor.
                      I agree on Sandler, I rate him a D grade comic I don't think the guy is funny at all.
                      Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Trung Si View Post

                        I agree on Sandler, I rate him a D grade comic I don't think the guy is funny at all.
                        I never watch him.
                        Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Arrival

                          Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                            Arrival

                            I saw that a while back. Was very good. I'm not a big sci fi person. But in the last few years I've seen a couple of very good space movies.

                            "The Space Between Us " was a very good space movie.
                            "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" Beatrice Evelyn Hall
                            Updated for the 21st century... except if you are criticizing islam, that scares the $hii+e out of me!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Watching "Danny Collins" tonight I'd give it 4 out of 5 stars. Has Al Pacino and some other pretty big stars.

                              https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1772288...nm_flmg_act_14
                              "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" Beatrice Evelyn Hall
                              Updated for the 21st century... except if you are criticizing islam, that scares the $hii+e out of me!

                              Comment

                              Latest Topics

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X