Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why you should miss the latest star wars miscarrage.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why you should miss the latest star wars miscarrage.

Spoilers- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUJeuOAlKM0
    Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

I kind of liked the last one before this one, may check it out anyway, but probably later, at home.

No - apparently I missed one, the one I liked was "The Force Awakens"

Chewie, we're home

Major Atticus Finch - ACW Rainbow Game.

Comment

Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
      Oh, I don't know...because it's lame and childish, maybe? Because the special effects haven't kept up with the alleged time span? Because Harrison Fords is older than the entire franchise?

Or how about this: endless sequels are not creative new work.

I'm going to go with that last one.
      Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Oh, I don't know...because it's lame and childish, maybe? Because the special effects haven't kept up with the alleged time span? Because Harrison Fords is older than the entire franchise?

Or how about this: endless sequels are not creative new work.

I'm going to go with that last one.
        My problem with that episode is that she's a Mary Sue.

Mar·y Sue

noun
        noun: Mary Sue; plural noun: Mary Sues
        • (originally in fan fiction) a type of female character who is depicted as unrealistically lacking in flaws or weaknesses.
          "she was not a ‘strong woman’ so much as an insufferable Mary Sue"

Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

My problem with that episode is that she's a Mary Sue.

Mar·y Sue

noun
          noun: Mary Sue; plural noun: Mary Sues
          • (originally in fan fiction) a type of female character who is depicted as unrealistically lacking in flaws or weaknesses.
            "she was not a ‘strong woman’ so much as an insufferable Mary Sue"

They're all Disney girls. Apparently sex is something else that disappeared in the far future.

Comment

I have heard complaints about the New Star wars film. Of course to each their own. I will say I loved the version with the young Anaken Skywalker and Jar Jar Binks. I have not seen the two latest installments of Star wars, well I got something to watch!
            Long live the Lionheart! Please watch this video
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=jRDwlR4zbEM
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3DBaY0RsxU
            Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory.

George S Patton

Comment

Originally posted by Stonewall_Jack View Post
              I have heard complaints about the New Star wars film. Of course to each their own. I will say I loved the version with the young Anaken Skywalker and Jar Jar Binks. I have not seen the two latest installments of Star wars, well I got something to watch!
              Ah, yes...the totally racist Jar Jar Binks...not one of their finer moments. Kind of a cross between the cartoon character of Pluto and the galactic version of Step and Fetch-it. Although I liked really the character, myself. Made a nice change from all of those evil white people!

Comment

Two-part review from The Critical Drinker, with a fine speech during the latter half of the second part. Warning: spoilers and NSFW

Comment

Ah, yes...the totally racist Jar Jar Binks...not one of their finer moments. Kind of a cross between the cartoon character of Pluto and the galactic version of Step and Fetch-it. Although I liked really the character, myself. Made a nice change from all of those evil white people!

Well Merry Christmas!

Watching The Phantom Menace in Theaters as a kid I never felt the Binks character was offensive or non entertaining...just the opposite IMO. Jar Jar was a very funny and warming character. The Star Wars Franchise should bring Binks back for future Films.

George S Patton

Comment

Well Merry Christmas!

Watching The Phantom Menace in Theaters as a kid I never felt the Binks character was offensive or non entertaining...just the opposite IMO. Jar Jar was a very funny and warming character. The Star Wars Franchise should bring Binks back for future Films.
                    Dude,you need to stay in reality. Jar Jar Binks is the most unpopular character in the history of the franchise. The only character universally hated by fans and reviewers around the globe. The dislike and hatred transcended all language and cultural barriers. There were even DEATH THREATS!

Trump-haters refer to Ivanka as JARVANKA.
                    Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Proof that Jar Jar is a sith lord.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezcP-Ys_voY
                      Credo quia absurdum.

Comment

Well Merry Christmas!

I didn't either, but an awful lot of people did and there was considerable controversy over it at the time. It made the national news on several occassions.

Comment

Proof that Jar Jar is a sith lord.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezcP-Ys_voY
                          Well Thats not any proof that Jar Jar was a Sith Lord That is a fan providing his opinion that maybe George Lucas wanted to take the character of banks into that direction.

Originally posted by Salinator View Post

Dude,you need to stay in reality. Jar Jar Binks is the most unpopular character in the history of the franchise. The only character universally hated by fans and reviewers around the globe. The dislike and hatred transcended all language and cultural barriers. There were even DEATH THREATS!

Trump-haters refer to Ivanka as JARVANKA.

I didn't either, but an awful lot of people did and there was considerable controversy over it at the time. It made the national news on several occassions.

The problem is that George Lucas had to discontinue more script ideas with regards to the character of binks because of the fact that some of the media outlets hyped up negative reception of binks . We actually don’t know how the masses of Star Wars fans thought about binks. Star Wars is a worldwide phenomenon so even those so-called polls were fans vote on their most favorite and least favorite characters do not take into the account the world population.

George S Patton

Comment

Best review and take of "Rise of Skywalker" and the new trilogy for me.

Some good things but a huge missed opportunity.

Comment

Originally posted by ralfy View Post
                              Two-part review from The Critical Drinker, with a fine speech during the latter half of the second part. Warning: spoilers and NSFW

The conclusion at the end of part 2 of that critique above is excellent and I couldn't agree more.

I went to see the very first Star Wars movie way back 'IIRC' in January 1978. At the end of the showing, almost everyone stood up and applauded. I have never, ever experienced such scenes at a cinema before or since. The first three were excellent but from then on they have gone so far and fast downhill that it's ended up a tangled mess at the bottom with a virtue signal beacon flashing in amongst the wreckage. Someone in the future will find that beacon, press the green button with the word 'Audio' on it and hear: 'Nothing to do with me, love...Nothing to do with me, love' over and over...
                              Last edited by Dibble201Bty; 26 Dec 19, 08:44.
                              ‘Tis said his form is tiny, yet
                              All human ills he can subdue,
                              Or with a bauble or medal
                              Can win mans heart for you;
                              And many a blessing know to stew
                              To make a megloamaniac bright;
                              Give honour to the dainty Corse,
                              The Pixie is a little shite.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...