"The Beast of War"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "The Beast of War"

This is probaby my favorite war movie of all time. It is well made, even by today's standards, despite being released in 1988.
    Last edited by Cougar1; 13 Jun 08, 21:22.
    "Do you like your new weapon? It's wonderful...Try it on yourselves, not others. I told you, this tank reacts to impulses of fear. Try not to think of danger. The machine can read your thoughts..."

I worked in a movie theatre the year that came out, and I would sneak in and watch bits and pieces any chance I could. Probably saw it a couple dozen times in total. The scene at the beginning where the tank crew tries to force the village man to speak still sends chills when I think about it...
    Our forefathers died to give us freedom, not free stuff.

I write books about zombies as E.E. Isherwood. Check me out at ZombieBooks.net.

Comment

Yep, its one of the best.

Comment

Look what I found!
        "Do you like your new weapon? It's wonderful...Try it on yourselves, not others. I told you, this tank reacts to impulses of fear. Try not to think of danger. The machine can read your thoughts..."

Comment

yup its a classic
          FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY
          BAN ME NOW

Comment

Am I the only person who thinks this is a terrible movie?
            I picked it up for $6 and watched it once.
            AHIKS - Play by (E)mail board wargaming since 1965.
            The Blitz - Play by Email computer wargaming.

Comment

did you watch all the way thro or just the first 10 mins and then made your mind up?
              do you like war movies?
              BAN ME NOW

Comment

Originally posted by ROOBARB View Post
                did you watch all the way thro or just the first 10 mins and then made your mind up?
                do you like war movies?
                I enjoy war movies.
                I watched the entire thing.
                Maybe I should give it another try.
                The Thin Red Line is one of my favourite movies of any genre. So maybe my opinion is suspect anyhow.

Comment

i would if i was you one thing i dont like about it is the american acsents of the russians but apart from that i think is a classic movie and worth anouther try
                  BAN ME NOW

Comment

I agree - one of the classic warfilms, and quite allegorical as well. Is the beast the tank, the sergeant, the war itself...or all of them combined?
                    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

indeed, MM.

a movie that should have been watched by the US leadership BEFORE going into wars in central asia. no one can come out of there alive or sane.
                      "Freedom cannot exist without discipline, self-discipline, and rights cannot exist without duties. Those who do not observe their duties do not deserve their rights."--Oriana Fallaci

Comment

Heh...funny...

Comment

Ok, I watched it again... Crap.

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan View Post
                            I enjoy war movies.
                            I watched the entire thing.
                            Maybe I should give it another try.
                            The Thin Red Line is one of my favourite movies of any genre. So maybe my opinion is suspect anyhow.
                            The Thin Red Line? The total farce with Sean Penn and Nick Nolte? The one where he falls on a blue-painted practice grenade and gets killed? Oh, boy...
                            Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X