Researching movie scene layout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Researching movie scene layout

I am getting back into model making and would like to do some small dioramas. I have an idea for one from a movie and was wondering if there is an online source for the background drawings and scene photos taken during the shoot. The scene I have in mind is quick and I'd like to be accurate, so I thought still pictures might help.

Anyone?
    Thanks
    John

Play La Marseillaise. Play it!

Have you tried the specific site for that film? You can also look for images from the film itself on image sites.

What film are you using?
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      Have you tried the specific site for that film? You can also look for images from the film itself on image sites.

What film are you using?
      The Great Escape.

I'll look into your suggestion. Thanks.
      John

Comment

Got this off Bing by typing in "the great escape".

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q...7A76D76E285176

Comment

Got this off Bing by typing in "the great escape".

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q...7A76D76E285176
          Thanks, not what I need but good stuff. If you remember the movie (who doesn't) Coburn is at a street cafe and witnesses the resistance shooting three German officers. I'd like to make a small diorama of it. The car is in 1/35 by Tamiya, the MG too, cafe bottles and glasses easy to find and I can easily scratch build the cafe stand. I'd just like to get a slightly better view of the street and the such, just to do it justice. I just googled "The Great Escape diorama" and saw a few scenes but nothing that helps me get a bit more of the street. I'll keep trying, thanks for the suggestion.
          John

Comment

Comment

That's the one. I think it will make a nice diorama. I'd like to see just a little bit more rather than make it up. I know what French streets look like but I'd rather not make it up. I'm already imagining putting that MG 42 in the back of the Citroen.
              John

Comment

found this by typing in "cafe scene from Great Escape". Might be a fan club or a film club that could get you to the rest of that scene, or you might try watching the film itself and concentrating on that scene as it unfolds. If you don;t watch the action, you can often see a lot of other stuff, especially if you can freeze the image.

Come to think of it, that scene might be available on youtube.

Last edited by Mountain Man; 10 Aug 19, 12:48.

Comment

From the last episode of Game of Throne. This location exists. My sister took a vacation to Croatia where many of the scenes were photographed in those old towns.

This entire town was built as a set to represent Kings Landing, then destroyed by Drogon.

“Breaking News,”

“Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

Comment

He's looking for a specific scene from The Great Escape.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                    X