Top Gun II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slick_miester View Post

Maybe she hooked up with a gourmet chef. Isn't that how Orson Welles chunked up?
    Orson Wells was not actually fat. He wore fake noses and fat suits.

PARIS – According to a new book published in Paris today by noted film critic Xavier Poulis, film director and bon vivant Orson Welles was ‘not actually fat’.

The film critic and Welles expert said that everyone believes Orson Welles gained a lot of weight in his later years, but in reality he always maintained a perfectly respectable 170 pounds. Poulis writes in his introduction:

The legend of Orson Welles’ obesity came about during the filming of Citizen Kane, his first and perhaps most famous film. Welles loved playing the older Charles Foster Kane and made it his habit to go to the commissary dressed in costume and full make up, including the extra padding to make him look portly. It was hilarious and throughout the years Welles continued the practice. He played a large number of fat men and so there was always the opportunity to play tricks on the press. While filming both Chimes at Midnight and Touch of Evil, Welles got so into the habit of going out to restaurants in costume that on the few occasions he went out as himself nobody recognized him and he dreaded not being recognized.

Studio Exec contributor and Welles confidant, Sir Edwin Fluffer confirmed the truth:

Orson did enjoy eating, but he had such a zippy metabolism that no sooner had he wolfed down one five courser than he was all set for the next and never looked the worse for it. The fat suit was just a jape but it also protected him from some of the bitchier elements of this old town we love so. If some of the actors who had seen him with the feed bag on had also seen the slender Welles who I played tennis with on Wednesday they would have cut him dead out of pure jealousy and spite. Towards the end of life poor Twiggy – as his closest friends called him – felt he was possessed by the fat suit that now he had to wear almost twelve hours out of every twenty four. It is a sorrowful irony that the poor man died in the fat suit and not knowing any better the funeral people buried him in it as well.

Orson Welles: The Man, The Artist, The Waistline by Xavier Poulis is available on Amazon and from all good bookstores.
    https://thestudioexec.com/orson-well...-new-evidence/
    Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Originally posted by Salinator View Post

https://thestudioexec.com/orson-well...-new-evidence/
      This is a item in Studio Exec which is a satirical web site so I'd take this with a large dose of monosodium glutinate
      Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
      Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Comment

Typical! The thread was about Top Gun II now has moved on to other subjects. From Maverick to Orson Wells' fat suit...Would the fat suit help with the G-force?

Comment

Originally posted by MarkV View Post

This is a item in Studio Exec which is a satirical web site so I'd take this with a large dose of monosodium glutinate
          You thought this is a serious thread?

Prayers.

BoRG

Comment

Originally posted by Achtung Baby View Post
            In this pic(see below) a reporter reviewing the trailer thought Maverick was avoiding the two missiles(bottom left and right) or firing both of them...

Maverick-Flying-over-Mountains-in-Top-Gun-2.jpg?q=50&fit=crop&w=738&dpr=1.5.jpg
            Interesting, when one looks quickly at the pic, and not the whole thing, I can understand the reporter's comment and misperception.

If one looks carefully, the plane is carrying precision guided munition under each wing (GBU 24?)

Comment

Originally posted by Capt AFB View Post

Interesting, when one looks quickly at the pic, and not the whole thing, I can understand the reporter's comment and misperception.

If one looks carefully, the plane is carrying precision guided munition under each wing (GBU 24?)
              He must have fired them. That close to him their proximity fuses would have detonated if he were the target.

Doesn't really matter - it's Hollywoody.
              Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Typical! The thread was about Top Gun II now has moved on to other subjects. From Maverick to Orson Wells' fat suit...Would the fat suit help with the G-force?
                Might cushion the crash...

Comment

Ummm...

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Ummm...

Not merely portly, but intoxicated.

The guy holding the bottle, you know that he wants to assassinate Welles. I've been there, and I can tell you that there are few things that can kill more brain cells than endless takes with an incompetent actor.
                    I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Ummm...

You and MarkV obviously have no sense of humor. I hope both off you are attacked viciously by Africanized dogs just like Perry Tochico.

(PNS reporting from FRESNO) A Fresno man who survived a relentless attack by chihuahuas last month took his own life Monday after weeks of even more relentless humiliation over the incident by friends, family members and total strangers.

Thirty-seven-year-old Perry Tochico was walking home from Dos Dudes from Detroit, a popular Mexican “casual dining” restaurant when, he said, a pack of vicious canines surrounded him and brought him to the ground in a scene straight out of Animal Planet.

Tochico sustained slight injuries to the ankles in the attack, which he told police had involved no fewer than ten dogs of various breeds, including doberman pinschers and at least one pitbull.

But none of Tochico’s descriptions could counter the humiliating details of the attack, which were captured on a now-deleted viral video and became an international sensation via Facebook.

In the video, a high-pitched Tochico is heard shrieking “Dear God, no! My ankle!” and “Hey, turn off the camera, man!” as five chihuahuas wrestled him to the ground before finishing him off with a series of ferocious bites to the nose.

Despite Tochico’s insistence that the chihuahuas were large, aggressive and had perhaps been “Africanized,” Animal Control officers on the scene reported that the dogs were petite and could only be described as “adorable.” The largest dog, a chocolate applehead named Frida, weighed only six pounds.
                      http://www.pocho.com/man-mauled-by-c...t-humiliation/

Prayers.

BoRG

Comment

You and MarkV obviously have no sense of humor. I hope both off you are attacked viciously by Africanized dogs just like Perry Tochico.

http://www.pocho.com/man-mauled-by-c...t-humiliation/
                        Thank you for your kind and thoughtful remarks, and I wish you the same! I do, however, prefer something like the Presa Canario, the Ovcharnko or the Kangal, myself.

Comment

Second trailer is now out. And what looks like a fictional SR-72(?) or hypersonic plane at the end.

"In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
                          Ernest Hemingway.

Sapere aude.

Comment

It's Cruise and Hollywoody. It will be entertaining, if not very accurate.

In fact, the upcoming movie fare looks like a number of sequels and remakes.

Comment

My worst jump story:
                              My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
                              As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
                              No lie.

~
                              "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
                              -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

Watching the trailer closely, I noticed that Cruise climbs abruptly and rolls over the tops of the mountains, pulling a high-G vapor trail. Pilots tell me that's pretty common in cold, moist air and the speeds fighters travel.

I also noticed that he is still using the same pop-up maneuver to get above and behind opponents. iI was kind of hoping he might have expanded his tactical repertoire just a little.

The futuristic aircraft he is testing flying in a pace suit looks a lot like Hollywood's version of the Aurora; however that aircraft is not designed for fighting "down in the weeds."

When you see the film, be sure to wear a life jacket so that you do not drown in the sea of testosterone.

It will be entertaining!

A fightdr pilot's comments:

Last edited by Mountain Man; 18 Dec 19, 16:10.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X