Top Gun II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top Gun II

They should have made this movie 10 years ago hope the air battle scenes are good again.

Comment

Ten years ago would have made sense, because the story plot does not align with the time lapse, unless Goose's son is really stupid and couldn't make pilot until he is in his forties.\

What happened to Charlie? They didn't want to include her because she didn't age well?
      Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

If you don't get promoted in the service, they separate you. It is called Passed over for promotion.

Pruitt
        Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

The trailer plane scenes are all of F18s. No F35s in sight.
          "To be free is better than to be unfree - always."

Comment

Originally posted by Salinator View Post
            Ten years ago would have made sense, because the story plot does not align with the time lapse, unless Goose's son is really stupid and couldn't make pilot until he is in his forties.\

What happened to Charlie? They didn't want to include her because she didn't age well?
            Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

I understand that at 1:19, the imagery is likely a pilot (Tom Cruise?) inside an F-35.

Also, the last image of the trailer is an F-14. I read that Maverick beats up an F-35 pretty badly in a mock dogfight while flying an F-14.

Well, the USN and Lockheed have invested a lot of time and money in the movie to demonstrate how great the F-35 is, so superpilot Maverick will likely end the movie inside an F-35 conducting a combat mission while outsmarting the opposition fighters... I'm just assuming that is what is going to happen, I have no actual knowledge on how the film ends.

Comment

Thought 'Top Gun' was a right load of hokum first time around. Tom Thumb, you Yanks's dynamic dwarf, has always been a right nobhead...
                but I can't wait to see this one!
                The long toll of the brave
                Is not lost in darkness
                Over the fruitful earth
                And athwart the seas
                Hath passed the light of noble deeds
                Unquenchable forever.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt AFB View Post
                  I understand that at 1:19, the imagery is likely a pilot (Tom Cruise?) inside an F-35.

I'm inclined to say it's something to do with extremely high altitude spy plane, F-35 pilots don't wear pressure suits.
                  "In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
                  Ernest Hemingway.

Comment

The 1:19 mark looks like heís in a SR-71.

Compare that to a real SR-71 pilotís helmet.

6054C2D2-2D29-4BB6-A475-8CD1B934A853.jpeg
                    Ernest Hemingway.

Comment

In the sequel, the Japan and ROC flags on Maverick's jacket have been replaced.

"Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

Originally posted by Persephone View Post
                        In the sequel, the Japan and ROC flags on Maverick's jacket have been replaced.
                        Are you referring to "ROK" as in Republic of Korea?

Comment

Originally posted by Achtung Baby View Post

I'm inclined to say it's something to do with extremely high altitude spy plane, F-35 pilots don't wear pressure suits.
                          Is he being cast as a test pilot at any time during TG II?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Is he being cast as a test pilot at any time during TG II?
                            Thereís a good chance that could be part of the story, he could be a pilot in a SR-71 or even a possible test pilot for the SR-72. My guess is he ejects from this plane and winds up on a carrier that eventually needs to engage a hostile target.
                            Last edited by Achtung Baby; 22 Jul 19, 00:56.
                            Ernest Hemingway.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Are you referring to "ROK" as in Republic of Korea?
                              No. The flag new to the Japanese flag is the flag of the Republic of China. It is still the official name of Taiwan and was always referred to that until to bowing to the CHICOM (People's Republic of China, or Mainland China) pressure and insistence that the Western Nations can only refer to ONE CHINA or lose diplomatic relationship with her. Very silly as at the time, there were still two Germany's, and the two Korea's that still exist today.

Screenshot 2019-07-21 at 5.25.09 PM.png
                              Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X