X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stonewall_Jack
    replied
    Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    I can't really relate to any program that casts a criminal as the protagonist as though somehow he really isn't a total betrayal of everything his life stands for.

Bacon is one of my favorite actors, but even he can't save this one.
    One of the main protagonists of City on a Hill is an honest District Attorney playad by Aldis Hodge. Also Compare Bacons character to some of the leads of GOT...and Bacons character is quite tame.

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    I can't really relate to any program that casts a criminal as the protagonist as though somehow he really isn't a total betrayal of everything his life stands for.

Bacon is one of my favorite actors, but even he can't save this one.

Leave a comment:

• Stonewall_Jack
    replied
    City on a Hill is the best show on TV currently. The show is produced in part by Tom Fontana whom hails from Buffalo NY. Many of the actors from Oz and The Sopranos are in City on a Hill. To see Kevin Bacon back at it is also great.

Leave a comment:

• Stonewall_Jack
    replied
    Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    I have a problem with shows that make heroes out of corrupt cops and gangs. This show starts right out making Bacon likable.
    City on a Hill sees a situation where one can say its good cop vs bad cop. I have watched all 3 episodes so far and I can say this show does not make good cops look bad, it makes bad cops look bad thats true. City on a Hill does not make Bacons character look like a hero IMO. If you have watched all 3 episodes you can see this. That said Kevin Bacon is IMO the star of City on a Hill...yes Bacon plays a corrupt cop but he does an incredible job in doing so. Many TV shows and films through history that are critically well received includes main characters that play the bad guy.

Leave a comment:

• Stonewall_Jack
    replied
    Been an amazing show so far. 5 out of 5 stars. City on a Hill is produced by Matt Damon and Ben Affleck and they hit this one out of the park. Imagine the Wire and the Sopranos put together and that is sort of what City on a Hill is.

There are multiple interesting story lines in City on a Hill. City on a Hill does a good job depicting 1990s Boston in the sense of style and fashion of the time. Of course this is a TV show, so this is a dramatized version of what occurred in 1990s Boston wrt cleaning up corruption among cops. No TV show or Movie in all of history has got every little historic detail right, its impossible

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    I have a problem with shows that make heroes out of corrupt cops and gangs. This show starts right out making Bacon likable.

Leave a comment:

• Pruitt
    replied
    With a series set in Boston, there should be some Southside Irish Criminals.

Pruitt

Leave a comment:

• Herman Hum
    replied
    Saw the first episode and there are some pretty solid performances throughout the show.

Leave a comment:

• Stonewall_Jack
    started a topic City on a Hill

City on a Hill

Here is a brand new series on showtime. City on a Hill explores 1990s Boston showing us the side of the common criminal and corruption among Cops. Kevin Bacon plays a leading role as a Cocaine using Cop that dresses flashy. Jonathan Tucker plays a co starring role as a Local Gang leader that robs Armour cars among other things. The first episode was excellent and I hope the rest of the season is the same. City On a Hill is a great balanced show, providing us with white and black actors. Its not a white out, not a blackout. And part of the series explores how whites and blacks honestly talk about racial issues, this is not a politically correct show which makes it great.

https://www.sho.com/city-on-a-hill

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X