Jar Jar Binks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jar Jar Binks

Im not one of those mega star wars fans but I take interest into the Star Wars series. And I have to say the one character that is my favorite is Jar Jar Binks. But I recently read that Binks is not well liked by some Star Wars fans. And the reasoning does not make sense..The critiques say that Jar Jar Binks brings up racial stereotypes, others feel that Binks is a childish character that does not belong on Star Wars, still others say that Binks character was brought up for comic relief and that Star wars does not need comic relief.

Whats interesting about all of this is that George Lucas created Jar Jar Binks, and Lucas himself views Binks as his favorite Star wars character.

What I can not fathom is how any Star Wars fan would hate(there words not mind I dont use the H word) Jar Jar Binks. It got so bad that the voice of Jar Jar Binks, Ahmed Best...considered suicide due to the bullying of some Star Wars fans. I was truly stunned to read about some of the bullying language that Star Wars fans would used against the Jar Jar Binks character, clearly the force is not strong with those types of anti Jar Jar Binks bullies.

http://www.scavengersholocron.com/ca...or-speaks-out/

Thankfully there are many loving Star Wars fans that respect the character of Jar Jar Binks.

The truth is that a character like Binks is filled with happiness, joy , love. Jar Jar Binks is my favorite Star wars character.

I truly hope that Binks can be brought back in future Star Wars films...However it can be done the world wants Jar Jar Binks to get back on the silver screen.

Long live the Lionheart! Please watch this video
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=jRDwlR4zbEM

Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory.

George S Patton

I thought he was a poor character choice myself, and totally unnecessary to the film.
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      I thought he was a poor character choice myself, and totally unnecessary to the film.
      Some have said that. Others feel that Binks brings great entertainment to Star Wars. Binks may remind of characters like Chewbacca. Personally I want to see Binks brought back and given more air time in future Star Wars films.

George S Patton

Comment

I give George Lucas credit for having such a creative mind in creating Binks. The Binks character also brings with it the Gungen people of which Binks hails from. Here is a scene where Binks is associating with fellow Gungens.

We can see This adds a whole different dynamic to Star Wars. Having multiple story lines fit into one movie nicely is something George Lucas is very good at. A Character like Binks fits into the wide and diverse world of Star Wars. If Star Wars was meant to stay in one country or world then maybe the anti Binks critiques make sense...Yet Throughout the Star Wars films the main characters are seen traveling to different worlds, so I think having a character like Binks makes sense in a story like Star Wars.

George S Patton

Comment

It's like this...........when an 8yo watched, Jar Jar and the Ewoks were fun. When that 8yo later watches as a 35yo with his own 8yo sun, he thinks they are stupid and unnecessary, but his son loves them.

First Star Wars movie targeted late teen and early adult males.........then the licensing fees for the toys started to trickle in, George Lucas saw dollar signs on each rugrat's face. Then we moved on the age of women empowerment movement in film making where every hero now is a woman to make up for all those decades of male dominance.

If there was to be a remake, it would be Jara Jara, but not as a bumbling idiot.
          Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Is Jar Jar a Sith Lord?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8Djj2rZgrY
            Last edited by Bwaha; 09 Jun 19, 16:01.

Comment

When two Jedi ask for directions, ignore them.

"In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
              Ernest Hemingway.

Comment

Borrowing a Piersons' Puppeteer from one of Larry Niven's books would make a better character. Two headed (each small head on a long very flexible neck) large brain in the main body under a thick bone casing, three legged. Super intelligent, amazingly devious and inherently total and absolute cowards (anyone showing even a flicker of bravery is pronounced a dangerous deviant and exiled) The only ones with enough courage to leave their home planet are by definition exiled and act as businessmen, diplomats etc. Thus every puppeteer humans meet is mad. Their ruler is known as The Hindmost. A very advanced technological civilisation (if they perceive the slightest risk they move the planet the location of which is kept secret) Owners of an industry that supplies most of known space with impenetrable spaceship hulls.
                Last edited by MarkV; 10 Jun 19, 07:05.
                Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
                Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Comment

Originally posted by Stonewall_Jack View Post
                  Im not one of those mega star wars fans but I take interest into the Star Wars series. And I have to say the one character that is my favorite is Jar Jar Binks. But I recently read that Binks is not well liked by some Star Wars fans. And the reasoning does not make sense..The critiques say that Jar Jar Binks brings up racial stereotypes, others feel that Binks is a childish character that does not belong on Star Wars, still others say that Binks character was brought up for comic relief and that Star wars does not need comic relief.

Whats interesting about all of this is that George Lucas created Jar Jar Binks, and Lucas himself views Binks as his favorite Star wars character.

What I can not fathom is how any Star Wars fan would hate(there words not mind I dont use the H word) Jar Jar Binks. It got so bad that the voice of Jar Jar Binks, Ahmed Best...considered suicide due to the bullying of some Star Wars fans. I was truly stunned to read about some of the bullying language that Star Wars fans would used against the Jar Jar Binks character, clearly the force is not strong with those types of anti Jar Jar Binks bullies.

http://www.scavengersholocron.com/ca...or-speaks-out/

Thankfully there are many loving Star Wars fans that respect the character of Jar Jar Binks.

The truth is that a character like Binks is filled with happiness, joy , love. Jar Jar Binks is my favorite Star wars character.

I truly hope that Binks can be brought back in future Star Wars films...However it can be done the world wants Jar Jar Binks to get back on the silver screen.

Thank you for posting, Jar Jar.

Comment

Originally posted by Stonewall_Jack View Post

Some have said that. Others feel that Binks brings great entertainment to Star Wars. Binks may remind of characters like Chewbacca. Personally I want to see Binks brought back and given more air time in future Star Wars films.
                    Chewbaca looks and acts like Bigfoot. Jar Jar looks and acts like a Jamaican Rastafarian.
                    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Chewbaca looks and acts like Bigfoot. J.
                      You mean he only appears fleetngly? How does anyone know how a bigfoot (if it existed) acts?
                      Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
                      Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Comment

Originally posted by MarkV View Post

You mean he only appears fleetngly? How does anyone know how a bigfoot (if it existed) acts?
                        The FBI has a file on him.
                        I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

One wonders if Lucas gained any influence from Johnny 5 of the Film Short Circuit, when it came to creating Jar Jar Binks. Note the type of lingual similarity between Johnny 5 and Jar Jar Binks, one can see this at the end of the following clip

George S Patton

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                          X