No announcement yet.

Game of Thrones - last season

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It looks like the meaning of Danerys is that she's basically Don Quixote who wins until the 11th hour
    Zhitomir-Berdichev, West of Kiev: 24 Dec 1943-31 Jan 1944
    Stalin's Favorite: The Combat History of the 2nd Guards Tank Army
    Barbarossa Derailed I & II
    Battle of Kalinin October 1941

Comment

Originally posted by Skoblin View Post
      That makes no sense. Danny clearly was in control of Drogon. Otherwise we would have seen a surprised look on her face when Drogon flew off on a rampage and would have seen flailing attempts on Danny's part to curtail the beastie.
      Fan theories are how YouTubers gather enough of a following to get their channel monetized. They will counter your remark by saying that Daenyrs was too emotional and confused with all those voices and bells, and was just led by Drogon.

Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Originally posted by Salinator View Post

Fan theories are how YouTubers gather enough of a following to get their channel monetized. They will counter your remark by saying that Daenyrs was too emotional and confused with all those voices and bells, and was just led by Drogon.
        I think a much more viable explanation is that Daenerys hates bells and gets triggered when she hears them. They should have simply waved white flags like normal people.

Comment

Originally posted by Skoblin View Post
          I think a much more viable explanation is that Daenerys hates bells and gets triggered when she hears them. They should have simply waved white flags like normal people.
          Exactly, just said in a different way. Bells were what amount to as trigger because of all that emotion.
          Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

The burning down of King's Landing can be seen as a lesson for all who would advocate restraint. If Danny had gone straight to King's Landing as soon as she arrived in Westerross rather than listening to that idiot Tyrion's advice she would have easily taken the city, killed Cersei then as undisputed Queen of the Seven Kingdoms headed north to fight the Night King. Same results and a lot less people dead.
            "To be free is better than to be unfree - always."

Comment

The Finale was probably the worst GOT episode I've ever seen and mostly nonsense. I would give it a 4 out of 10.

Comment

One thing that GoT has taught me is to never ever again watch a TV series that is not finished. No more waiting, or following a story for years just to see it flop at the end. that. From now on if I decide to watch any series coming out of Hollywood I'll first check if it's still running or it's finished. It's better to binge-watch something in a couple of weeks and conclude it was crap, than to waste years on it.

Comment

As a GOT fan for last few years, I was deeply disappointed with the series finale. In fact, I'm so disappointed by the last few seasons, specifically 7th and 8th. I think they should have been full ten episodes rather than 7 and 6 respectively.

Frankly, the producers rushed the show just so that they could shift their focus onto Star Wars trilogy. It is also the author's fault that he didn't finish the book series either. I think the author painted himself into the corner by struggling to come up with happy endings for some of the characters and giving a happy ending to the story itself. GOT made its reputation by fearlessly offing some characters, giving characters the full range of human nature with all its goodness and ugliness -- nothing is simple as it seems to be, and sometimes even bad guys do win big. It's like the producers and the author both finally woke up and said to each other, "Oh, what did we do? Let's give the show a fairy tale happy ending!"

I would have been fine if the Night King won it all and the series ended on the world converting to a planet full of White Walkers and Wrights. At least we can conclude that sometimes real life sucks and evilness win out, that GOT was just laying out this timely moral lesson into a story that we can occasionally relate to. If it were ended on that note, we would still safely say GOT just became the GREATEST show ever. I would have been fine if the final episode was all about the final battle between the Stark forces and...the Mother of Dragons. I can imagine Jon Snow heroically standing out in the open field with Drogon bearing down, breathing its fire only to see Jon Snow coming out of the fire starkly naked with his dick hanging out, then Drogon suddenly throws off Daenerys and flies off to somewhere. The rest of Dothaki and Unsullied forces quickly stand down, surrendering en masse and bending their knees to Jon Snow.

Actually, I would probably be fine with anything else other than what was shown last night. Really!
                  Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

"Aim small, miss small."

Comment

It sure sucked.
                    Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

I will have nothing to do with Martin's works from now on. He's a loser of the worst kind.
                      Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

The ending can be summed up as "the meek inherit the earth" but it was done extremely rushed. And forgiveness. Good concepts but the execution was bad.
                        Last edited by Cult Icon; 20 May 19, 15:54.

Comment

I looked up a synopsis of the final episode, and am even happier that I did not bother to watch the final season.

What a total screw-up.
                          Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

You know what? The more I think about GOT's final episode, the more I think the fifth episode SHOULD HAVE been the final one, not the sixth episode. With the fifth episode the last one, it'd leave us to our own imagination of what post-Ceresi world would look like, and I like to think everyone will be satisfied according to his or her own way.
                            Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

"Aim small, miss small."

Comment

Know what you mean.

Slight modification though. I would have liked the show to have ended with Danny's Nuremberg rally.
                              "To be free is better than to be unfree - always."

Comment

Doing the ending of the meek inheriting the earth/post-war reconstruction/turning pacifist could work but it would require more than half an hour... maybe at least 2 well-financed, well-written and well-directed episodes. What also stood out to me was how cheap looking the final episode was.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X