Game of Thrones - last season

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Salinator View Post

I asked because she looks like the type in real life that has trouble keeping weight off. And it seems like Sansa the character was piling on more and more clothes in the last season to disguise fat.
    Winter has begun, remember? Eight years of it.
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Surrey View Post
      Episode 2 was more preparation for the big battle in episode 3.
      if the big battle is in 3 what are they going to do in 4,5 and 6?
      Milk it for all it's worth. Nothing else left to do. At least HMO is going to finish it. Martin never did.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Winter has begun, remember? Eight years of it.
        It is not like it is getting colder and colder each year.

Winter comes every year going back to when the history of Westoro began"Winter is Coming" is the motto of House Stark. They strive to always prepare each year since Winterfell is hit the hardest because they are the most northern house and that the White Walkers can return during winter, what stops them is the big beautiful Ice Wall. The Starks use it as a warning/threat meaning that sooner or later they will be proven right - as in REVENGE. "Winter has Begun" is what they say when it begins to snow because that is their way of bragging that they are supreme among all the houses during winter - so it means don't mess with them during Winter or they are on the way to kill you.

When Arya Stark killed the entire House Frey, she said "Winter came for House Frey".
        Last edited by Salinator; 26 Apr 19, 22:04.
        Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Originally posted by Salinator View Post
          It is not like it is getting colder and colder each year.

Winter comes every year going back to when the history of Westoro began"Winter is Coming" is the motto of House Stark. They strive to always prepare each year since Winterfell is hit the hardest because they are the most northern house and that the White Walkers can return during winter, what stops them is the big beautiful Ice Wall. The Starks use it as a warning/threat meaning that sooner or later they will be proven right - as in REVENGE. "Winter has Begun" is what they say when it begins to snow because that is their way of bragging that they are supreme among all the houses during winter - so it means don't mess with them during Winter or they are on the way to kill you.

When Arya Stark killed the entire House Frey, she said "Winter came for House Frey".
          Not true - Martin specified that summer and winter last about seven or so years apiece, and a long summer means a longer and colder winter. Winter has now set in and will last an estimated seen to eight years and be colder and harder than before.

Other than that...

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Milk it for all it's worth. Nothing else left to do. At least HMO is going to finish it. Martin never did.
            Supposedly the showrunners know the outline of Martin's books and how it ends and this season is based on it.

Episode 3 was great although a bit cliched' in some ways. One of the best episodes of the show.
            Zhitomir-Berdichev, West of Kiev: 24 Dec 1943-31 Jan 1944
            Stalin's Favorite: The Combat History of the 2nd Guards Tank Army
            Barbarossa Derailed I & II
            Battle of Kalinin October 1941

Comment

Are there still a "spoiler alert" option on this version of ACG? I don't want to give anything away.

I watched episode 3 last night and was very disappointed on tactics...Nothing complicated, but a lack of simple basic stuff when holding a defensive position. Obliviously, there is no military adviser on the set...

And this is why my wife does not watch GoT with me when there are battle scenes!!

Comment

Originally posted by Capt AFB View Post
                Are there still a "spoiler alert" option on this version of ACG?
                Yes. I have not seen this episode yet so keep shtum!

Comment

I don't know who the writers are, but they've managed to ruin this show in my opinion.
                  With the Night King and his minions presented in such a strong fashion, I would've went with a total defeat of the humans but with Bran surviving and somehow managing to influence the past so that nothing of this happens in the first place.
                  But no, we needed more Hollywood magik - Arya popping out of nowhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt AFB View Post
                    I watched episode 3 last night and was very disappointed on tactics...Nothing complicated, but a lack of simple basic stuff when holding a defensive position. Obliviously, there is no military adviser on the set...
                    GOT is invested in human drama over realism. The battle and the deus ex machina devices being a servant to the former. war movie buff will probably not like this statement.

Comment

Half an hour in and I needed a smoke. Then the wheels started falling off before finally skidding into a dissatisfying thud.

Comment

Originally posted by Cult Icon View Post

GOT is invested in human drama over realism. The battle and the deus ex machina devices being a servant to the former. war movie buff will probably not like this statement.
                        I hear you. And having dealt with entertainment reps in the past with their creative license to make things more appealing to the general public, I understand that the general public may find human drama more interesting then realistic tactics...But nothing would stop GoT producers in having both!!

Feels like all the producers wanted is a big big battle with a desperate ending...Too bad for any common sense tactics in a desperate fight to win against the odds!

Oh, Well! As I said this is why my wife does not like me around when there battle scenes on popular movies or TV shows...

Comment

Originally posted by Imperial View Post
                          Arya popping out of nowhere.
                          They could have easily avoided this deus ex machina by having Arya wearing the face of the dead Lyanna Mormont, thus explaining how she managed to get through a wall of the walking dead.

Comment

Jon seems to have the tactical awareness of a block of wood.

He had c40000 Dothraki light cavalry charge blindly towards an enemy that they couldnít see and didnít know how many there were. Unsurprisingly they got slaughtered. The cavalry should have been positioned on the flanks ready to attack the sides of the dead army.
                            He failed to protect his catapults. They should have been behind his infantry not in front of them so that they could have fired over the infantryís heads. As it was they were rapidly overrun.

The trenches should have been further out and let earlier.

On the dragons it could could be argued that they should have been used for close support more but then they needed to be ready to engage the night king.

Archers should have been ready in the walls not have to rush up there when the dead get near.

Saw the trailer for episode 4. Looks like Danny is keener to press finish off Cercei than Jon.
                            "To be free is better than to be unfree - always."

Comment

I noticed that as well (the artillery placed in front ???) of the unsullied and with very few rounds each.

I disliked how the Dothraki was sacrificed in 10 secs to scare the audience. A more reasonable approach:

1. The dragons (airpower) attack the horde and the NK's dragon as they approach Winterfell

2. Once in range, the artillery opens fire to whittle down their numbers

3. Unsullied and allies as the line infantry, Dothraki as the flanking force/assault reserves.

Comment

Originally posted by Cult Icon View Post
                                I noticed that as well (the artillery placed in front ???) of the unsullied and with very few rounds each.

I disliked how the Dothraki was sacrificed in 10 secs to scare the audience. A more reasonable approach:

1. The dragons (airpower) attack the horde and the NK's dragon as they approach Winterfell

2. Once in range, the artillery opens fire to whittle down their numbers

3. Unsullied and allies as the line infantry, Dothraki as the flanking force/assault reserves.
                                Jon has history for lack of tactical noos. He had to saved by his sister at the battle of the BDS.
                                "To be free is better than to be unfree - always."

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X