Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game of Thrones - last season

Nobody watching this anymore?

I saw the preview of the 2nd episode and it looks Jaime is in trouble. Normally I'd expect to see a trial by combat, with Brienne choosing to fight for him and possibly Arya for the Starks. But the show has grown soft lately and I have doubts they still have the guts to kill off characters people have grown fond of.

I may have to watch season 6 again first to remember where we were

I'll probably get them later yes...
    High Admiral Snowy, Commander In Chief of the Naval Forces of The Phoenix Confederation.
    Major Atticus Finch - ACW Rainbow Co.

Comment

First episode of the final series has shown, but no one seems to have watched it.
      Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Snowygerry View Post
        I may have to watch season 6 again first to remember where we were

I'll probably get them later yes...
        I re-watched all 7 seasons before the start of this one. My feeling is that the writers have gone a bit soft. Hopefully the ending will be up to par with the shocks in earlier seasons.

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        First episode of the final series has shown, but no one seems to have watched it.

I did. I just want it to finally end (I didn't like that one-year break they took).

Comment

Is Sansa fat now?
          Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

What is your definition of "Fat"?

Pruitt
            Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

I saw it on Monday.

Episode was essentially about scène setting, bringing most of the surviving characters in the Stark/Targaryn camp to Winterfell in preparation for the battle in episode 3.
              Seemed a bit hurried and more could have been made of Jon finding out about his true parentage. Heavy foreshadowing around it though. Jon rides a dragon. Golden company arrive at Kings Landing but potential conflict between them and Euron and hence Cercei hinted at, I think they will mutiny latter in the season.

Sansa has porked out a bit and even Arya has put on weight.

Episode 2 trailer hints that Daenerys's army is planning to fight outside the walls with the official series trailer only showing Starks and Jamie fighting in the castle.

After the conversation between Jon and Samwell re Jon's parentage I believe Danny will die later in the season, probably saving Jon, and Jon will take up his claim to be king.

"To be free is better than to be unfree - always."

Comment

Sansa just got married in real life. A lot of women put on weight after marriage. With the series ending, the producers may not have enough coercion to make her lose weight.

Pruitt
                Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Jaime is there so he could activate a spat between Jon and Dany, over what should be done to him. Dany will probably try to assert her view as the Queen, and Jon's real identity will be revealed. It could also worsen the break between Tyrion and Dany. He already has doubts after seeing her behaviour. How I would picture this: a trial by combat with Brienne fighting for Jaime and Arya fighting for Bran + Red Wedding. Brienne dies. Jaime is sentenced to death. Tyrion gets him out of jail just as Jaime did for him. But since the army of the dead is approaching, a trial by combat would be a luxury. So, I think they'll throw him in prison (Jon, Tyrion and Sam prevailing over Dany). But will Arya be content with that or will she take matters into her own hands and... Jaime's face?

Comment

Originally posted by Imperial View Post
                    Jaime is there so he could activate a spat between Jon and Dany, over what should be done to him. Dany will probably try to assert her view as the Queen, and Jon's real identity will be revealed. It could also worsen the break between Tyrion and Dany. He already has doubts after seeing her behaviour. How I would picture this: a trial by combat with Brienne fighting for Jaime and Arya fighting for Bran + Red Wedding. Brienne dies. Jaime is sentenced to death. Tyrion gets him out of jail just as Jaime did for him. But since the army of the dead is approaching, a trial by combat would be a luxury. So, I think they'll throw him in prison (Jon, Tyrion and Sam prevailing over Dany). But will Arya be content with that or will she take matters into her own hands and... Jaime's face?
                    No Jamie will be forgiven. He his shown fighting in Waterfell in the trailer for episode 3.
                    There May be some disagreement between the Starks and Danny however as the trailer shows only the Starks plus Jamie fighting in the castle itself.
                    though one theory I have-
                    Danny plus her army sent away before the dead arrive so that they can attack the dead army in the rear while it is engaged with the Stark forces defending Winterfell.

Comment

Originally posted by Surrey View Post
                      No Jamie will be forgiven. He his shown fighting in Waterfell in the trailer for episode 3.
                      There May be some disagreement between the Starks and Danny however as the trailer shows only the Starks plus Jamie fighting in the castle itself.
                      though one theory I have-
                      Danny plus her army sent away before the dead arrive so that they can attack the dead army in the rear while it is engaged with the Stark forces defending Winterfell.
                      Indeed, I've re-checked and he is briefly seen fighting in one of the pre-season trailers.
                      Anyway, I hope we get some drama and main character deaths, the writers have been soft in recent seasons (the Hound survives, Jon survives twice - the stabbing & the Battle of the Bastards, Arya miraculously survives, Jamie survives the horse charge etc.) It's getting too soft and cheesy. This wasn't supposed to be "How to Ride a Dragon".

Comment

Episode 2 was more preparation for the big battle in episode 3.
                        if the big battle is in 3 what are they going to do in 4,5 and 6?

Comment

Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
                          Sansa just got married in real life. A lot of women put on weight after marriage. With the series ending, the producers may not have enough coercion to make her lose weight.

Pruitt
                          I asked because she looks like the type in real life that has trouble keeping weight off. And it seems like Sansa the character was piling on more and more clothes in the last season to disguise fat.
                          Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Interesting that the Night King was shown lining up with his White Walkers. It could mean that he is on his dragon but there was a supposed leak a few months ago that said that while a large part of his army would attack Winterfell he would by pass and go straight for Kings landing.

Comment

The girl that plays Arya has gained face fat- too much to be appropriate for her character
                              Zhitomir-Berdichev, West of Kiev: 24 Dec 1943-31 Jan 1944
                              Stalin's Favorite: The Combat History of the 2nd Guards Tank Army
                              Barbarossa Derailed I & II
                              Battle of Kalinin October 1941

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X