No announcement yet.

Recent Films And TV Shows

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Triple Frontier is a must watch action film on Netflix. Its about 5 Us military guys tasked with taking on a daring mission against a Drug lord.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triple_Frontier_(film)
    Last edited by Stonewall_Jack; 15 Mar 19, 17:53.
    Long live the Lionheart! Please watch this video
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=jRDwlR4zbEM

Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory.

George S Patton

Comment

Sounds worth watching, only I don't get Netflix.
      Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        Sounds worth watching, only I don't get Netflix.
        Triple Frontier had me enticed the entire time. I rate it above the other Drug film I saw "The Mule" with Clint Eastwood. Eastwood was great in Gran Torino but The Mule almost bore me to death, there may have been a few good parts but I was waiting for that film to end. So far I have to say that Triple Frontier has been my favorite film of the year.

You could do a free trail with netflix and cancel before the trail ends.

George S Patton

Comment

Originally posted by Stonewall_Jack View Post

The film had me enticed the entire time. I rate it above the other Drug film I saw "The Mule" with Clint Eastwood. The Mule bored me to death, there may have been a few good parts but I was waiting for that film to end. So far I have to say that Triple Frontier has been my favorite film of the year.

You could do a free trail with netflix and cancel before the trail ends.
          Yeah, or I could just wait until Dish picks it up. I've become a very patient waiter lately.

Comment

Yeah, or I could just wait until Dish picks it up. I've become a very patient waiter lately.
            That might be possible. At the same time Netflix currently offers a good # of Netflix original movies and Netflix TV shows you might like. Im not sure if Netflix brands out its own material to other companies like Amazon , Direct Tv or Spectrum. Netflix is somewhat cheap as well at least compared to Cable Tv.

George S Patton

Comment

That might be possible. At the same time Netflix currently offers a good # of Netflix original movies and Netflix TV shows you might like. Im not sure if Netflix brands out its own material to other companies like Amazon , Direct Tv or Spectrum. Netflix is somewhat cheap as well at least compared to Cable Tv.
              They probably do ,but I already have a hefty dish bill and I'm not looking to add to it, or to take any ore time away from my hobby.

Comment

Check out Doom Patrol. It's better than most of the lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
                  Check out Doom Patrol. It's better than most of the lot.
                  Not on my listings, unfortunately.

Comment

Detroit is an excellent drama film. I did feel that parts of the film were total fantasy, but still it was a very worthy watch. Will Poulter really stood out in this film playing a Detroit Cop whom plays by his own rules in 1967 Detroit...

Detroit is a 2017 American period crime drama film directed by Kathryn Bigelow and written by Mark Boal. Based on the Algiers Motel incident during Detroit's 1967 12th Street Riot, the film's release commemorated the 50th anniversary of the event.

George S Patton

Comment

Detroit is an excellent drama film. I did feel that parts of the film were total fantasy, but still it was a very worthy watch. Will Poulter really stood out in this film playing a Detroit Cop whom plays by his own rules in 1967 Detroit...

Detroit is a 2017 American period crime drama film directed by Kathryn Bigelow and written by Mark Boal. Based on the Algiers Motel incident during Detroit's 1967 12th Street Riot, the film's release commemorated the 50th anniversary of the event.
                      Kind of hard to "commemorate" a riot.

Comment

Kind of hard to "commemorate" a riot.
                        It must have been a difficult project to approach for the director , actors and others involved in Detroit. I feel the director was trying to pay homage to the victims of the riot. At the same time the Director and writer provide their take on the Cop side of Detroit riots. The film received rave reviews from top Movie critics.

George S Patton

Comment

It must have been a difficult project to approach for the director , actors and others involved in Detroit. I feel the director was trying to pay homage to the victims of the riot. At the same time the Director and writer provide their take on the Cop side of Detroit riots. The film received rave reviews from top Movie critics.
                          Movie critics have never impressed me much. They like what I don't, and and what I do like.

I'm just not a fan of Hollywooding things like riots. It's basically revisionist history depending on the politics of the producer, director and writers. I'm sure someone like Spike Lee, for example, would present an entirely different version.

Comment

Robocop 2,

This is a film that shows what can happen when intolerant criminal undergrounds gain some popularity.

While the first sequel is not IMO as good as the original Robocop...Robocop II is a worthy film. The story puts a Honest Police officer against criminals of all classes. Its a classic good vs bad. I give the film 3/4 stars.

George S Patton

Comment

Tyrel is a 2017 release about a black man invited to spend a weekend of drinking with all white people(and he only knows one of them). Its a comedy drama and its a worthy watch.

PLOT: Tyrel, a sole black man, attends an otherwise all-white weekend of drunken bro debauchery on a birthday trip to a cabin in the Catskills.

George S Patton

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X