True Detective: Season 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• True Detective: Season 3

Anyone here a fan of HBO's True Detective show? Well, the premiere for Season 3 was out yesterday with two episodes aired. I really like the story and acting. Mahershala Ali's acting is lights out, and the way the plot is unfolding really builds up the tension nicely and keeps me on the edge of the seat. It's going to be a great show to watch!

Anyone here agree with me?
    Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

"Aim small, miss small."

I loved Season 1, was bored by season 2, and no longer have HBO, so I will have to wait until it hits Amazon, but I will watch it.
    Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

I agree on all your points. Ali is a joy to watch and the story-telling quite fantastic, with the way they are using three time periods in the same episodes.
      ScenShare Guidelines:

1) Enjoy creating it
      2) Enjoy playing it
      3) Enjoy sharing it
      4) Enjoy helping others create them

The PlayersDB - The Harpoon Community's #1 Choice.

FAQ http://www.harplonkhq.com/Harpoon/Fr...dQuestions.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
        I loved Season 1, was bored by season 2, and no longer have HBO, so I will have to wait until it hits Amazon, but I will watch it.
        Oh boy! How are you gonna live with yourself if you have to wait for GOT's final season to hit Amazon?
        Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

"Aim small, miss small."

Comment

Originally posted by Cheetah772 View Post

Oh boy! How are you gonna live with yourself if you have to wait for GOT's final season to hit Amazon?
          I am going cold on GOT. I loved the books (except for the last one), but the diverging storylines have soured me on the TV series.I'll eventually watch the final season, but I feel no pressing interest.
          Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

I am going cold on GOT. I loved the books (except for the last one), but the diverging storylines have soured me on the TV series.I'll eventually watch the final season, but I feel no pressing interest.
            I've never read the books, so does that make me a cheater? LOL!

"Aim small, miss small."

Comment

Originally posted by Cheetah772 View Post

I've never read the books, so does that make me a cheater? LOL!
              No, it puts you in an excellent position to enjoy the series. Having read the books, I can't help but find the HBO series jarring and thin. Frankly, only Peter Dinklage does his character credit, and he has a much smaller role in the series than the character has in the books.

I would recommend the books; the first in the series is a little rough as Martin gets the setting going, but it is worthwhile.

Comment

Looking forward to watching it via DVR. Liked the first one, did not watch the second because of the poor reviews, have heard good things about this one.

Comment

I agree. Season 1 was very good. Season 2 was very hard to follow. With major plot twists that seemed to come out of nowhere and make no sense.

But you have to give them credit. At least each season is original and not a squeal.

Hopefully Season 3 will be better than 2..
                  "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" Beatrice Evelyn Hall
                  Updated for the 21st century... except if you are criticizing islam, that scares the $hii+e out of me!

Comment

Originally posted by 17thfabn View Post

I agree. Season 1 was very good. Season 2 was very hard to follow. With major plot twists that seemed to come out of nowhere and make no sense.

But you have to give them credit. At least each season is original and not a squeal.

Hopefully Season 3 will be better than 2..
                    That's what brings me back to Season 3. Season 2 failed to endear any character to me, and quite frankly the plot lost me, but it stayed true to the format.

Season one really dug into me, glaring plot errors and all. We all have a case where you come away feeling like you scraped the surface of something larger. I've watched it three or four times, and will again. Other officers I know have had the same experience.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                    X