Mysteries Of The Abandoned

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mysteries Of The Abandoned

I've been watching this series for quite some time now, and it's fascinating. The series explores the history and the physical remains of abandoned structures, fortifications, roads, rail lines and pretty much anything else left to rot away. Many of them are very interesting with equally interesting histories, and quite often some ingenious engineering as well. Quite a few of them are within what used to be the old Soviet Union.

Yesterday the show presented the French Alpine forts meant to hold off the Italians, the Italian Alpine Forts meant to hold of the Germans from the Austrian Tyrol, wit the strangest anti-tank obstacles I've ever seen, the sunken remains of an old warship - the last of the steam and sail warships - in Canada and the remains of the Soviet Kola Deep Borehole Project, which reached over 40,000 feet down into the Earth's crust. A surprising amount of equipment and structures are just left behind whenever Man moves on. The remains of the Salton Sea atomic bomb aerodynamic testing range were also presented.

If you're interested in unusual and often forgotten history, this is the program for you.

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...doned+episodes
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    I've been watching this series for quite some time now, and it's fascinating. The series explores the history and the physical remains of abandoned structures, fortifications, roads, rail lines and pretty much anything else left to rot away. Many of them are very interesting with equally interesting histories, and quite often some ingenious engineering as well. Quite a few of them are within what used to be the old Soviet Union.

Yesterday the show presented the French Alpine forts meant to hold off the Italians, the Italian Alpine Forts meant to hold of the Germans from the Austrian Tyrol, wit the strangest anti-tank obstacles I've ever seen, the sunken remains of an old warship - the last of the steam and sail warships - in Canada and the remains of the Soviet Kola Deep Borehole Project, which reached over 40,000 feet down into the Earth's crust. A surprising amount of equipment and structures are just left behind whenever Man moves on. The remains of the Salton Sea atomic bomb aerodynamic testing range were also presented.

If you're interested in unusual and often forgotten history, this is the program for you.

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...doned+episodes
    We watch it often, but usually just catch the repeats and don't watch the newest episodes. They do offer some wacko theories each and every time before they reveal what's really going on--probably just to generate more drama and mystery for the show.. I am entertained, though, and will keep watching it. Makes me use Google Earth to check some of these places out.
    The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

The newest series does away with the majority of the needless speculation and simply gets to the point: Why is it there? Who built it? What happened to it?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        The newest series does away with the majority of the needless speculation and simply gets to the point: Why is it there? Who built it? What happened to it?
        That's good. Makes a good show even better.

I watched a few episodes of Mysteries of the Missing today. Some of that stuff is very interesting, too.
        The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

Originally posted by Hida Akechi View Post

That's good. Makes a good show even better.

I watched a few episodes of Mysteries of the Missing today. Some of that stuff is very interesting, too.
          I'm watching the same series.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X