No announcement yet.

GREAT WAR MOVIE QUOTES

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"One kill. Confirmed! It's a cruel world, Herr Hauptmann. You said so yourself." - Lieutenant Bruno Stachel (George Peppard) in the film The Blue Max.

Comment

The Cross of Iron

Captain Stransky - I will show you how a true Prussian officer fights.

Sergeant Steiner - Then I will show you, where the Iron Crosses grow.

The Prussian officer, at that point green, completely unaware of the carnage to follow.

Comment

"He's going to do it, believe me, he's really going to do it" - William Holden's character in The Bridge on the River Kwai.

Comment

"Hancock, I've got lunatics laughing at me from the woods. My original plan has been scuppered now that the jeeps haven't arrived. My communications are completely broken down. Do you really believe any of that can be helped by a cup of tea?" - Major General Urquhart (Sean Connery) on being offered a cup of tea by Corporal Hancock (Colin Farrell) in the film A Bridge Too Far.

Comment

"Dirt, and natural body oils, can make you waterproof" - From Cross of Iron, 1977.

Comment

If you were in it, you knew all about it. You knew how to keep watch on filthy nights, and how to go without sleep; how to bury the dead, and how to die without wasting anyone's time - Lt Cmdr Ericson in The Cruel Sea.

Comment

"Very pretty.....but can they fight?" (WMZ 17) - Vernon L. Pinkley (Donald Sutherland). The Dirty Dozen, 1967.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X