GREAT WAR MOVIE QUOTES

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GREAT WAR MOVIE QUOTES

I have accumulated a lot of war movie quotes over the years, so I have decided to share them on this thread. Feel free to add your favorites and use our new like button to weigh in on the others. Let's see if we can come with ACG's favorite war movie quote.

“I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked up. We didn’t find one of ‘em, not one stinkin’ dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like … victory. Someday this war’s gonna end.” — Lt. Col. Bill Kilgore, “Apocalypse Now” (1979)

. “You have to think about one shot. One shot is what it’s all about. A deer’s gotta be taken with one shot.” — Michael, “The Deer Hunter” (1978)

Comment

"Earn these shields boys!" Artemis, captain of Leonidas King of Sparta's bodyguard "300" (2006)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDpI6Zzy-vo

v1.aDszNDU1O2o7MTc3MzA7MTIwMDs3MDA7MzE0.jpg
      Last edited by OttoHarkaman; 24 Jun 18, 15:47.

Comment

"Do carry-on with your mud-pies ". A infantry officer addressing an officer of The Royal Engineers undertaking a bridging mission.

Bromhead: [mounted, crossing stream] Hot work?

Lieutenant John Chard: [kneeling in stream] Damned hot work.

Bromhead: Still, the river cooled you off a bit though, eh?

[pause]

Bromhead: Who are you?

Lieutenant John Chard: John Chard, Royal Engineers.

Bromhead: Bromhead. 24th. That's my post... up there.

[points into middle distance]

Bromhead: You've come down from the column?

Lieutenant John Chard: That's right. They want a bridge across the river.

Bromhead: Who said you could use my men?

Lieutenant John Chard: They were sitting around on their backsides, doing nothing.

Bromhead: Rather you asked first, old boy.

Lieutenant John Chard: I was told that their officer was out hunting.

Bromhead: Err... yes.

[spurs on horse]

Bromhead: I'll tell my man to clean your kit.

Lieutenant John Chard: Don't bother!

Bromhead: No bother... I'm not offering to clean it myself! Still, a chap ought to look smart in front of the men, don't you think? Well chin-chin... do carry on with your mud-pies.
        "I dogmatise and am contradicted, and in this conflict of opinions and sentiments I find delight".
        Samuel Johnson.

Comment

“Keep the sand out of your weapons, keep those actions clear. I’ll see you on the beach.” — Capt. John Miller, “Saving Private Ryan” (1998)

Comment

bofb.jpg
            Rabbit Leader, Red Three, yellow nosed bastards six o'clock high, coming down now!

Roger Red Three, I see 'em.

Rabbits, break right and climb!
            The long toll of the brave
            Is not lost in darkness
            Over the fruitful earth
            And athwart the seas
            Hath passed the light of noble deeds
            Unquenchable forever.

Comment

“When I go home people will ask me, ‘Hey Hoot, why do you do it man? What, you some kinda war junkie?’ You know what I’ll say? I won’t say a ******* word. Why? They won’t understand. They won’t understand why we do it. They won’t understand that it’s about the men next to you, and that’s it. That’s all it is.” — Norman “Hoot” Hooten, “Black Hawk Down” (2001)

Comment

Arise, arise, Riders of Théoden!
                Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter!
                Spear shall be shaken, shield be splintered,
                a sword-day, a red day, ere the sun rises!
                Ride now, ride now! Ride to Gondor!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mC_DFtsawc

latest?cb=20160907063429.jpg

Comment

Comment

e8.png

Empire of the Sun

Basie (John Malkovich): Jim, didn't I teach you anything?

Jim (Christian Bale): Yes! You taught me that people will do anything... for a potato.

"I am Groot"
                    - Groot

Comment

By far the best quote from Private Ryan occurs when the sergeant warns Hanks that "his mother won't like it if he gets killed", to which Hanks replies "I thought you were my mother, Sergeant."
                      Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

“Are you smoking this sh-t so’s to escape from reality? Me, I don’t need this sh-t, I am reality. There’s the way it ought to be, and there’s the way it is.” — Staff Sgt. Barnes, “Platoon” (1986)

Comment

British artillery commander: Sir, Napoleon has ventured within range. May I have your permission to try a shot ?

Wellington: [stares at him a moment] Certainly not! Leaders of armies have better things to do than fire at each other.
                          https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0066549/
                          High Admiral Snowy, Commander In Chief of the Naval Forces of The Phoenix Confederation.
                          Major Atticus Finch - ACW Rainbow Co.

Comment

Private Ryan:
                            Private Reiben: You wouldn't shoot the kraut and now you're gonna shoot me?
                            Sergeant Horvath: He's better than you.

Comment

Jacob The Liar:
                              Jakob Heym: Hitler goes to a fortune-teller and asks, "When will I die?" And the fortune-teller replies, "On a Jewish holiday." Hitler then asks, "How do you know that?" And she replies, "Any day you die will be a Jewish holiday."

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X