GOTTI: Godfather & Son

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GOTTI: Godfather & Son

Very interesting show but I only got to watch first 2 episodes, neglected to set the PVR up to record the last two.

Does anyone know if they will be rebroadcasting at any point? I really want to see the last one because I understand it has film of John Jr telling his dad that he wants to get out.

I didn't realize that anyone could leave the Mafia but is seems John Jr did. I assume that is what the movie with Robert DeNiro and Chaz Palminteri was based upon? When I saw that movie I thought nah couldn't happen except in a movie.

Another aspect of the show that was news to me and interesting in consideration of today's headlines...Rudy Guilliani was the lead prosecutor the first time John Sr went to trial. (at least I think that is what they said).

C, I'm watching it on A&E as I type. There are only 2, 2 hr. episodes i.e. 4 hrs. in total; turn on your TV, 11:00-15:00 hrs.
    "I am Groot"
    - Groot

Comment

Originally posted by Marmat View Post
      C, I'm watching it on A&E as I type. There are only 2, 2 hr. episodes i.e. 4 hrs. in total; turn on your TV, 11:00-15:00 hrs.
      Aww nuts, I can't because I'm at work!

It looks like they did 1&2 and then 3&4 back-to-back.

Comment

Try this:

https://www.aetv.com/shows/gotti-god...d-son/season-1

It worked for me, just sign in with your provider and you're good to go.
        "I am Groot"
        - Groot

Comment

I'm deeply suspicious of everything about this film, given the unprecedented involvement of the entire Gotti family and their deep involvement on even the casting of this film.

I see no purpose to deifying a crime lord.
          Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            I'm deeply suspicious of everything about this film, given the unprecedented involvement of the entire Gotti family and their deep involvement on even the casting of this film.

I see no purpose to deifying a crime lord.
            Good point MM, had that thought myself.

Seemed to have been a lot people that celebrated when he got off on his initial trials but they could have all been cronies. Not sure how people outside his orbit in NY would have felt.

Is it possible that John Jr's "retirement" could just be a front?

Comment

Originally posted by Canuckster View Post

Good point MM, had that thought myself.

Seemed to have been a lot people that celebrated when he got off on his initial trials but they could have all been cronies. Not sure how people outside his orbit in NY would have felt.

Is it possible that John Jr's "retirement" could just be a front?
              I think MM's referring to the film "Gotti", starring John Travolta (as John Gotti), Kelly Preston, Stacy Keach, et.al., that's opening in theatres tomorrow,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gotti_(2018_film)

and not the documentary "Gotti: Godfather and Son", shown on A&E by Richard Stratton, that we're referring to.
              "I am Groot"
              - Groot

Comment

Originally posted by Canuckster View Post
                Very interesting show but I only got to watch first 2 episodes, neglected to set the PVR up to record the last two.

Does anyone know if they will be rebroadcasting at any point? I really want to see the last one because I understand it has film of John Jr telling his dad that he wants to get out.

I didn't realize that anyone could leave the Mafia but is seems John Jr did. I assume that is what the movie with Robert DeNiro and Chaz Palminteri was based upon? When I saw that movie I thought nah couldn't happen except in a movie.

Another aspect of the show that was news to me and interesting in consideration of today's headlines...Rudy Guilliani was the lead prosecutor the first time John Sr went to trial. (at least I think that is what they said).
                That movie you refer to, A Bronx Tale, is supposed to be based upon Palminteri's childhood, at least in part.

There are people who do "retire" from the mafia. Joseph Bonnano for example, Michael Franzese is another. I'm sure there are others of lesser note who have. A lot depends on the circumstances. If you just say "Hey, I've had enough" you're more likely to get away with it as opposed to someone who starts ratting on people.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X