The Expanse

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Expanse

Anyone following The Expanse series? I am an avid fan of the books upon which the show is based on. I am so thrilled that Amazon picked up the show from SyFy after it was announced that the show would be cancelled after it wraps up season 3 in June. The Expanse, unlike GoT, has a clear timeline on when the series ends. The Expanse has nine books in its series, the eighth book will come out in December this year with the ninth and last book to be released in 2019. So it makes a bit easier for the TV show to conclude its run. Right now, season 3 is almost up to the middle of book series. So it's moving at a brisk pace.
    Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

"Aim small, miss small."

I've been watching the show. I enjoy it. Syfy's cancellation doesn't surprise me. They follow the model of "if its good and successful we'd better get rid of it". If their programming doesn't suck they start to worry.

Netflix is usually the necromancer of shows killed before their time. I would have preferred they be the inheritors but we'll see what Amazon can do.
    A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Comment

Originally posted by Pirateship1982 View Post
      I've been watching the show. I enjoy it. Syfy's cancellation doesn't surprise me. They follow the model of "if its good and successful we'd better get rid of it". If their programming doesn't suck they start to worry.

Netflix is usually the necromancer of shows killed before their time. I would have preferred they be the inheritors but we'll see what Amazon can do.
      In this case, we don't have to worry about Amazon picking up the series because Jeff Beezos happen to be a huge fan of the book series. In fact, he was angry when the show first went to SyFy. He wanted a GoT space opera, so he got it by getting The Expanse. He's been looking to grow more sci-fi original content on Amazon Prime.
      Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

"Aim small, miss small."

Comment

Excellent show.
        ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

One of my favorites, but being dropped by the networks like some 17 others. The problem with things like amazon, Netflix and the others is that many of us already pay for our television entertainment, and are not going to pay again and again and again to other providers every time a show branches off.

I was a big fan of Longmire, too, but I refuse to pay Netflix so that I can follow it.

This system nickle-dimes us to death., while replacing decent content with garbage. How many "reality shows" do we really need? Or even want to begin with? One is way too many.
          Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

I was reading the novels and then I got as far a the death of detective Miller. For me the books have gone downhill since and the war of The Belt versus Mars and Earth just made me lose interest. There is too many sexual strategies going on as well. I don't mind what people do inside their own house, but I Don't like having to step over what I think of as deviant behavior out in public.

The authors makes too big a deal about who is doing what and to who! If I wanted to read it I would start with a guy I went to school with named Tony Kushner.

Pruitt
            Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Looks like all of humanity has finally stopped the infighting and realized that the protomolecule is the real threat as a giant protomolecule "ship" rises out of Venus. Can't wait to see what happens now, what this "ship" does and goes and what humans do against it. What is its true purpose and can it coexist with humans?
              The Europa Barbarorum II team [M2TW] needs YOUR HELP NOW HERE!

Comment

Originally posted by Frtigern View Post
                Looks like all of humanity has finally stopped the infighting and realized that the protomolecule is the real threat as a giant protomolecule "ship" rises out of Venus. Can't wait to see what happens now, what this "ship" does and goes and what humans do against it. What is its true purpose and can it coexist with humans?
                It won't, obviously. If it did, there wouldn't be any plot left!

Comment

Originally posted by Cheetah772 View Post

In this case, we don't have to worry about Amazon picking up the series because Jeff Beezos happen to be a huge fan of the book series. In fact, he was angry when the show first went to SyFy. He wanted a GoT space opera, so he got it by getting The Expanse. He's been looking to grow more sci-fi original content on Amazon Prime.
                  Wish he thought the same re: Dark Matter. Why does SyFy even bother any more?

Tuebor

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                    One of my favorites, but being dropped by the networks like some 17 others. The problem with things like amazon, Netflix and the others is that many of us already pay for our television entertainment, and are not going to pay again and again and again to other providers every time a show branches off.

Or you could do what we did: keep Netflix and Amazon, and dump Cable/Satellite. Only thing I really miss is the local sports channels, but with the Lions, Tigers, and Wings all in rebuilding stages, I guess I'm not missing much.

Tuebor

Comment

Originally posted by Tuebor View Post

Or you could do what we did: keep Netflix and Amazon, and dump Cable/Satellite. Only thing I really miss is the local sports channels, but with the Lions, Tigers, and Wings all in rebuilding stages, I guess I'm not missing much.

Tuebor
                      I have no use for over-paid athletes who cannot even talk coherently, disrespect the national flag and the nation and make a living playing children;s games. These are nothing more than the current version of bread and gladitorial games to keep the Great Unwashed quiet and controllable.

And I already pay more to subsidize all of the whacko and wing-ding channels than is even remotely reasonable just to get what I have. If the minorities want their own channels, they can pay for them instead of sticking all of us with the bill.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                      X