New War Movies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Frankenstein View Post
    The Red Baron - Scheduled for release this year.
    Passchendaele - The Paul Gross film about the battle, scheduled to be released November 11, 2008

Those are the only other ones I know of.
    I was thrilled to be an extra in Passchendaele. I travelled from Kingston Ontario to Calgary and stayed there for five weeks to be in the movie as a background extra. For those who are wondering about how well it will be received, I would like to assure you that what I saw was thrilling. When special effects, musical score and all the other goodies are added I am sure that it will make all Canadians proud. If you are interested in seeing some pictures of the film shoot visit my website at http://www.daviddossett.com

Comment

How's Hannibal?

For several years now I've impatiently been waiting to see "Hannibal the Conqueror" with Vin Diesel...

Now it's finally schedueled to be released in 2009 !!!!

They've waited for so long...I guess that means they want to make it historically correct and good to watch (not like the "300" ! terrible !) ????

Greets,
      Stratego
      Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily.- Napoleon

It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation.- Herman Melville

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

BORG

Comment

I got my new issue of ACG Magazine yesterday, and I was stoked to see the brief about the HBO "Pacific Diary" series. I was even more stoked to notice that Dale Dye got his name in there. What a treat that stuff is going to be when it's released!
        "This life..., you know, "the life." Youíre not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you donít shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

BoRG

Comment

I just saw Red Baron and HellBoy II (does it count as war movie?) - both great!
          "Freedom cannot exist without discipline, self-discipline, and rights cannot exist without duties. Those who do not observe their duties do not deserve their rights."--Oriana Fallaci

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Mann III View Post
            I got my new issue of ACG Magazine yesterday, and I was stoked to see the brief about the HBO "Pacific Diary" series. I was even more stoked to notice that Dale Dye got his name in there. What a treat that stuff is going to be when it's released!
            I had no idea this was in the works until I saw it in ACG too. If its done to same quality as BoB it'll be well worth seeing.
            Last edited by Double Deuce; 20 Jul 08, 13:55.
            [Official Game Thread] "To the Berezina River" Napoleonic Game

Comment

Dale Dye is also working on a movie about the fighting at La Fiere bridge.
              Publisher
              Armchair General Magazine
              Weider History Group

Comment

Originally posted by Double Deuce View Post
                I had no idea this was in the works until I saw it in ACG too. If its done to same quality as BoB it'll be well worth seeing.
                Here's a couple of links to the info I've posted about the Captain's upcoming WWII movies. Not too shabby, especially since he also whipped out a comedy with Ben Stiller that's just hit the theaters...

No Better Place to Die (82nd Airborne Movie)

The Pacific Diary (USMC)
                "This life..., you know, "the life." Youíre not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you donít shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

BoRG

Comment

Originally posted by Ogukuo72 View Post
                  That's interesting. But both are on WW1!
                  So was ANZACS, Gallipoli, and the Lighthorsemen all pretty good movies. YMMV

Comment

just saw "Waltz with Bachir" animated movie set in the Lebanon war of 1982. GREAT!
                    "Freedom cannot exist without discipline, self-discipline, and rights cannot exist without duties. Those who do not observe their duties do not deserve their rights."--Oriana Fallaci

Comment

Originally posted by piero1971 View Post
                      I just saw Red Baron and HellBoy II (does it count as war movie?) - both great!
                      HOW IS THE RED BARON?
                      If the art of war were nothing but the art of avoiding risks,glory would become the prey of mediocre minds. Napoleon

Comment

Originally posted by JeremyFromTexas View Post
                        I would like to see more movies done of the Revolutionary War.
                        WHY??????????????????????

BOARING BOARING MEL GIBSON SPRINGS TO MIND IN THAT GREAT FILM COMEDY "THE PATRIOT"OR EVEN WORSE

FACT IS YOU LOST MOST OF THE BATTLES WHEN FIGHTING ALONE AND IF IT WASNT FOR THE FRENCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (WHICH MOST OF YOU DONT EVEN WANT TO ACKNOWLEDGE HAD ANY PART IN THIS WAR) HAD NOT HAD GIVEN THE GREAT SUPPORT IT DID WITH ITS ARMY AND MORE SIGNIFICANTLY ITS NAVY THERE WAS NOT A CHANCE AMERICA WOULD HAVE WON ITS FREEDOM.

PERSONALLY THERE ARE FAR GREATER STORIES OF FIGHTING THAT HAVE NOT BEEN GIVEN THE TIME ON THE BIG SCREEN LIKE IN THE SEVEN YEARS WAR,W.O.A.S, FIGHTING IN BURMAH 1944, WWI, ETC ETC

BUT I DARE SAY THAT YET ANOTHER US HOLLYWOOD WAR FILM WILL BE ROLLED OF THE LINE WITH THE DODGY HISTORICAL STORIES MADE TO SUIT STUPID US AUDIENCES THAT (BECAUSE OF THE US EDUCATION SYSTEM) HAVE NO HISTORICAL KNOWLEDGE OF ANYWHERE ELSE IN THE WORLD. ALL THIS WITH HYPED HOOLYWOOD ACTORS HAMING THEIR LINES AND DODGY POLITICAL AGENDAS .....................................URRR NO THANKS
                        FOR ITS ALLWAYS TO BE SEEN THE SHAMROCK AND THE GREEN IN FRONT OF THE THIN RED LINE

Comment

Originally posted by JeremyFromTexas View Post
                          I would like to see more movies done of the Revolutionary War.
                          I gree as long its done like the last of the mohicans and not like the patriot. I also agree with mighting mick in that ww2 burma front is long overdue for a quality film.
                          If the art of war were nothing but the art of avoiding risks,glory would become the prey of mediocre minds. Napoleon

Comment

tom cruise playing a Nazi. well im leaving now ive seen it all !!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by namvet View Post
                              tom cruise playing a Nazi. well im leaving now ive seen it all !!!!!!!!!!
                              I agree. valkyrie makes for good movie material, but not with Cruise.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X