New War Movies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New War Movies?

Anyone know of any war movies scheduled for this year? Last year was very slim. Hopefully this year will be different.
    A good woodchipper solves a lot of problems. All hail Doctor Sinister

Originally posted by JeremyFromTexas View Post
    Anyone know of any war movies scheduled for this year? Last year was very slim. Hopefully this year will be different.
    No
    FoxNEWS "The World is unfair and we are running scared"

Comment

There's Valkyrie by Bryan Singer, not really a war movie, more of a thriller about the 20 July 1944 assassination attempt on Hitler (release date is 3 October in the US)

There's also Pinkville by Oliver Stone about the My Lai massacre, still scheduled for a 2008 release despite the writers strike.

The most awaited though is the HBO 10-part mini-series called "The Pacific", scheduled for 2009.

Comment

Valkyrie trailer:

Comment

Originally posted by Boonierat View Post
          There's Valkyrie by Bryan Singer, not really a war movie, more of a thriller about the 20 July 1944 assassination attempt on Hitler (release date is 3 October in the US)

There's also Pinkville by Oliver Stone about the My Lai massacre, still scheduled for a 2008 release despite the writers strike.

The most awaited though is the HBO 10-part mini-series called "The Pacific", scheduled for 2009.
          Yeah, I'm waiting for all three. It could be a nice year or so for war film....
          "This life..., you know, "the life." Youíre not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you donít shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

BoRG

Comment

Hey, wasn't the remake of Dambusters suppose to start this year? Any news on that?

As for the trailer from Valkyrie, it's everything I expected a Tom Cruise movie to be. It's still just the typical Tom Cruise posing in costume. The same facial expression. The same tics. The same maniacal stare.

Pity though, all the other actors seem to be quite good.

Comment

The last movie I saw Tom Cruise in, was The Last Samurai. After that, he got weirded out in my humble opnion.

Comment

Tom Cruise as a sinister eye-patch Nutzie? LOL! Oh how far the boy from Risky Business has fallen.

Comment

Originally posted by Emil_G View Post
                  Tom Cruise as a sinister eye-patch Nutzie? LOL! Oh how far the boy from Risky Business has fallen.
                  Tom might be a whack-job..., but he's taken Dale Dye's course enough times for me to think he can "play military" pretty well....
                  "This life..., you know, "the life." Youíre not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you donít shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

BoRG

Comment

The Red Baron - Scheduled for release this year.
                    Passchendaele - The Paul Gross film about the battle, scheduled to be released November 11, 2008

Those are the only other ones I know of.
                    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

Comment

Is Red Baron going to released in North America?

Looking forward to see Passchendale hope it widely released not just NFB theatres
                      FoxNEWS "The World is unfair and we are running scared"

Comment

That's interesting. But both are on WW1!

Comment

I think it's harder to do war movies about recent wars becuase of the often controversial politics involved. We just aren't sufficientl;y distanced by history yet, and the most recent wars are somewhat unpopular, besides lacking the broad scale of action familiar to us from previous wars.
                          Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

I would like to see more movies done of the Revolutionary War.

Comment

And I'm waiting for the last of the Civil War trilogy based on the Shaaras' books, "The Last Full Measure".

But given how badly "Gods and Generals" did, I don't think I'll see it.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X