X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indiana Jones 4: Kingdom of the Crystal Skull trailer

W00T! Here is the new teaser trailer:

http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/indi...ml?showVideo=1

I for one am jonesing (no pun intended) to see this!!!
    The muffled drums sad roll has beat the soldier's last tatoo. No more on life's parade shall meet that brave and fallen few.

Hmmm, looks like he's fighting the US Army this time. I know where I'll be May 22.
    Last edited by Dallas; 14 Feb 08, 17:03.
    Those that forget history are condemed to repeat it.
    If you're going to be one you might as well be a BIG RED ONE

Comment

I dunno; at 1:37 it looks like he's punching out Soviet guy
      And it's over the mountain and over the Main,
      Through Gibralter, to France and Spain.
      Pit a feather tae your bonnet, and a kilt aboon your knee,
      Enlist my bonnie laddie and come awa with me.

Comment

The Soviets and the Americans trying to get something? And he is in the middle punching people on both sides? I don't know. COuld be bad.

Comment

Yeah; I'd love him to move onto the Cold War, but there are still Nazis in South America...him fighting US soldiers would **** me off a hell of a lot.
          And it's over the mountain and over the Main,
          Through Gibralter, to France and Spain.
          Pit a feather tae your bonnet, and a kilt aboon your knee,
          Enlist my bonnie laddie and come awa with me.

Comment

looked great
            "The people never have the power, only the illusion of it. And here is the real secret: they don't want it. The responsibility is too great to bear. It's why they are so quick to fall in line as soon as someone else takes charge."
            "

Comment

I think it could be Soviet spies disguised as US Army soldiers.

The Soviet spies angle is quite refreshing. Don't really see much of that. Bad guys in movies nowadays seems to be mostly evil corporate types.

BTW, is that a .38 revolver? Sure looks like it? I thought Indy uses a .45 revolver?
              Last edited by Ogukuo72; 24 Feb 08, 21:39.

Comment

And that is because we must be careful not to offend another country, even if they are trying very hard to destroy our own nation.
                Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

He could be fighting the Pope for all I care. Big fan of H Ford. I'll be veiwing it the very 1st chance I get. Most likly in German but they do great work with matching the voices. that nothing is missed.

HP
                  "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Nice looking trailer. Is it just me, or did that warehouse look just like the one in which the Ark was stored in Raiders?
                    "I am not an atomic playboy."
                    Vice Admiral William P. Blandy

Comment

Originally posted by mirrorshades View Post
                      Nice looking trailer. Is it just me, or did that warehouse look just like the one in which the Ark was stored in Raiders?
                      YEP Now we can guess why Dr Jones was fighting US Troops.

HP
                      "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Comment

just saw it.

what a lame movie - but then again, what to expect from action movies these days, aimed at semi-retarded teenagers?

despite some good (spielberg's additions to the movie, no doubt) scenes - i liked the wink to the first episode in the early part of the movie - and some good talking points by Harrison Ford (who is excellent in his rare moments on screen) the movie was one of the worst ever (why did I even bother to see it, after all I found the last crusade bad too, and the temple of doom was one of the top 5 worst movies of all times)

let's even forget the plot that makes no sense, the aliens, the russians (wtf were russians doing in the USA during McCartysm time - can't you spell FBI? - and in dictatorship ridden, US-backed latin america of the 1950's???), the cannon-fodder indios, the ants, the docile python snake, the mummys, the chipmunks, the monkey, the tarzan hopping Brando, ahem, I mean Indy Jr.Jr. etc.

I almost fell asleep suring the long chase on the river/cliff.

I mean, Hollywood is full of morons. I knew it. I have now (again) confirmation...
                          "Freedom cannot exist without discipline, self-discipline, and rights cannot exist without duties. Those who do not observe their duties do not deserve their rights."--Oriana Fallaci

Comment

Uh-oh. I was afraid of that. Can't say I'm surprised, though. George Lucas, Steven Spielberg, etc. have not been in the old form. Their recent movies just isn't up to scratch.

This movie probably confirmed the death of creativity in Hollywood.

Comment

yeah, and yet sometimes there are gems out, like the Miller's comic adaptations, like Sin City, or 300, or Mignola's Hellboy... what was the sci-fi movie with Vin Diesel - small budget but was was interesting source for a series...
                              other more "fringe" movies can be excellent like "Beeing Malkovich", "the eternal sunshine of the spotless mind".. etc.
                              but action movies usually suck more and more.

but there are so many excellent books from Heilein, from Haldeman, that are not adapted yet (when I had lots of money, I tried to buy the rights for "Forever War" it was 300'000 usd, not so much per se, but then you need to be in hollywood to push it ahead - and I have to work elsewhere, anyways..)

not that when a good story getrs adapted, the adaptation sucks or kills the point of the story and turns it into the usual predictible goo - i.e. "I am Legend", despite the great acting.
                              "Freedom cannot exist without discipline, self-discipline, and rights cannot exist without duties. Those who do not observe their duties do not deserve their rights."--Oriana Fallaci

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X