Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

India Filmaking, perhaps immitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• India Filmaking, perhaps immitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Cruising my way through Netflix's foreign movie selection, I have watched a few Indian films and I am coming to the growing realization that Bollywood is ripping us off!

Some examples:

Nayagan - Two Mafia hit sequences taken straight out of The Godfather. One guy gets garroted and kicks the front window of a car out during the process and another takes a bullet through his glasses.

Nandha - One sequence has a bunch of people stranded on an island while music from Gladiator is played.

Asoka - During the film's elephant charge sequence, the trained ear will pick up an only slightly altered version of the musical score played during the night cavalry battle scene in First Knight.

One movie I haven't seen yet but read the synopsis to involves a plotline that is a carbon copy of I Know What You Did Last Summer. The title of the movie is, no joke, The Fog.

So far, the only movie I've seen that hasn't yanked at least one aspect of their film from American movies was Salaam Bombay, a social commentary docu-drama half aimed at a western audience.

I'll say this much, Indian films are interesting. Crazy, but interesting.
    A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X