Timeline - The Movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Timeline - The Movie

For anyone interested in medieval history, I wonder if you can share your thoughts on the recent movie called Timeline? I read the book and absolutely hated it, and couldn't make it to the end, although the movie seems a bit more energetic.

Not many movies lately about this time period...although several on Alexander and very early historical figures are on the horizon.
    Our forefathers died to give us freedom, not free stuff.

I write books about zombies as E.E. Isherwood. Check me out at ZombieBooks.net.

is that the michael chreighton novel? i was interested in seeing the movie but it got trashed by critics and anyone i know who saw it.
    Publisher
    Armchair General Magazine
    Weider History Group

Comment

Yes, it was an absolutely horrible book, although it had a promising premise. I gave MC the benefit of the doubt because of some of his other books, but this one was so bad I stopped reading it despite having invested about 220 pages of my time into it.

Just wondering if ANYONE has anything good to say about it or if it is more of a :drool:
      Our forefathers died to give us freedom, not free stuff.

I write books about zombies as E.E. Isherwood. Check me out at ZombieBooks.net.

Comment

I made it through about four chapters, with effort. Sad book, indeed. The PC game is no better. He has done some wonderful work, and he has written some stinkers.
        Stay Alert, Stay Alive!

Comment

I also vote to stay away from this book. Bought it at a big discount at the book store, now we all know why it was so cheap.

Comment

I would have to agree with the majority, an interesting concert just not well executed.

Comment

Book gets better

Originally posted by Desperado
              I would have to agree with the majority, an interesting concert just not well executed.

The book gets better once you get into it.

Comment

seeing as I seen the book after watching the movie I cant add my opinion there. But I did love the movie, history from one of my favorite time period. Cant really describe my feelings for the movie, it's just good, I did like how everything fell into place though.

Comment

Good Movie

I liked the movie.:thumb: Didn't get around to the book yet.

Comment

movie was so-so:quest:

Comment

Movie was decent but have yet to read the book. The only book of his I've read that I didnt like was sphere.
                      Delegate, MN GOP.

PATRIA SI, COMUNISMO NO

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/p...?id=1156276727

Comment

I could not stand that movie I cant beleave I spent $7.00 to watch that peace of garbage. :drool:

Comment

I thought the book was decent, interesting, if not a bit off pace in a few places. The movie however, I must agree with Foster, I can't believe I paid $7.00 (USD) to see it. It was simply a horrible movie. I did enjoy the scene with the siege on La Roque, it was done very well.....now if they could only edit out the rest of the movie!
                          Pvt. Bob Mana,
                          Co. B, 3rd Maryland Vol. Infantry, 1st Brigade, 1st Division, 12th Corps, Union Army of the Potomac

For the Union

Comment

Re: Timeline - The Movie

Originally posted by Brian King
                            For anyone interested in medieval history, I wonder if you can share your thoughts on the recent movie called Timeline? I read the book and absolutely hated it, and couldn't make it to the end, although the movie seems a bit more energetic.
                            I read the book this morning (woke up at 0230 and read non-stop, bibiliography and all, until I got to the back cover.
                            I loved it!
                            I found a couple of historical inconsistencies, but they didn't diminish the book in the slightest for me. (In fact, it made it better -- got to read a good book, and get to gloat because I know some things he doesn't .
                            I obviously won't see the movie any time soon, but look forward to it when the opportunity arises. (Note to self: Maybe the DVD bootlegger has it.)
                            I guess I have to respectfully disagree with the other reviewers of the book. In fact, I like the book so much that I sought out this thread (that I had not opened before), just so I could comment on it.
                            Not many movies lately about this time period...although several on Alexander and very early historical figures are on the horizon.
                            I'm looking forward to that one as well as King Arthur, and have yet to see LOTR3. I seem to recall that there were 4 good adventure movies coming out, but can only remember Art and Alex's movies.
                            Does anyone have any good tips for movies to see?
                            Barcsi János ispán vezérőrnagy
                            Time Magazine's Person of the Year for 2003 & 2006

"Never pet a burning dog."

RECOMMENDED WEBSITES:
                            http://www.mormon.org
                            http://www.sca.org
                            http://www.scv.org/
                            http://www.scouting.org/

Comment

Will be going to see Alamo this weekend. Another movie due out is Troy. Not sure about that one. I believe Brad Pitt is in it.
                              http://canadiangenealogyandresearch.ca

Soviet and Canadian medal collector!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X