X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rejoice BSG fans!

March 25, 08

Season 3 Release Date
    The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed. -Carl Jung

Hell is other people. -Jean-Paul Sarte

Is it true that the writer's strike might mean that we never see the end of season 4?

Dr. S.
    Imagine a ball of iron, the size of the sun. And once a year a tiny sparrow brushes its surface with the tip of its wing. And when that ball of iron, the size of the sun, is worn away to nothing, your punishment will barely have begun.

www.sinisterincorporated.co.uk

www.tabletown.co.uk

Comment

Thanks for that BB! I am a HUGE BSG fan, and am anxiously awaiting the release if Season 3 on DVD...it's been so long since I saw BSG, I 'm foggy on where a lot of the plot left off. They air it at such late hours (if at all, anymore) that the last epi I saw was the last one shown during the regular season! That stinks. I'll have to watch the DVD's quick, f they come out before the season premier this Sping.

I'm mad as a hornet that SciFi and the producers have pulled the plug on the series. My guess is, the producers got bored. Honestly! After so few seasons, to drop it is a slap in the face.
      http://www.militarywargaming.com

"The Golden Rule of War, Speed - Simplicity - Boldness" -- General George S. Patton, Jr

Comment

Haven't heard anything on how the writers' strike will effect the last season.

"The Golden Rule of War, Speed - Simplicity - Boldness" -- General George S. Patton, Jr

Comment

BSG only really has 4 seasons of content.

Now I'm open to spin offs, but not all spin offs are worth it.

Writers ... well as long as the shows get made, I can deal with it being necessary to obtain it off the air. Wait, I download all my tv, I guess that won't be a problem

Now I understand there is even some buzz that they might bring back Stargate SG1 (after 10 years not sure how they can do it). If I get more SG1 I doubt I will miss not getting BSG season anything else after 4.

I've already seen the dvd based preview of season 4 from the release of Razor. It looks like it will be good, even if delayed.
          Life is change. Built models for decades.
          Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
          I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

Well, there was a lot of territory they could cover in BSG yet. A goal of the producers was to delve into the Cylon's "religion" and revealing the rest of the Cylon models (which we've been teased with some of them within the fleet, and 4 still totally unknown; that's at least a couple seasons right there. Pegasus met it's end when it did probably 'cause the producers were planning on pulling the plug after this season, but that could have developed longer. The re-imagined version had a lot of breath left in it, and at least 7 seasons would have been not only welcome to most BSG fans, but would have been highly entertaining. I still believe it a bonehead move on "their" part.
            I'd love to see SG-1 come back. Plenty of life was left in that horse, and the cast was more than willing. The "suits" at the networks always seem to think Feature Films, and now DVD exclusive releases will be the next best step for the franchise. Yeah, that really worked out well for Star Trek:The Next Generation (another fine Sci=Fi show pulled too early).

Comment

Oh thank goodness. I've only seen the first two seasons. It's been driving me nutty.
              AHIKS - Play by (E)mail board wargaming since 1965.
              The Blitz - Play by Email computer wargaming.

Comment

Umm, I've had S3 of BSG on DVD since November, and got another copy for Xmas (as a part of the 3 series + mini-series boxed set).

I would have thought the US would have got it before us <shrug>

http://www.ezydvd.com.au/item.zml/795624

and I got my free cufflinks
                Now listening too;
                - Russell Robertson, ruining whatever credibility my football team once had.

Comment

Originally posted by Ivan Rapkinov View Post
                  Umm, I've had S3 of BSG on DVD since November, and got another copy for Xmas (as a part of the 3 series + mini-series boxed set).

Bastard!

I have resorted to borrowing season one of Babylon 5 to get me through.

Comment

Originally posted by Ivan Rapkinov View Post

Not in US yet, but you sure got us jealous! Season 2.5 was the last season released some time ago; and Razor just came out a little bit ago

If I remember right, the Babylon 5 DVD's came out in Britain long before they came out in the US, so it doesn't surprise me.

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan View Post
                      Bastard!

I have resorted to borrowing season one of Babylon 5 to get me through.
                      Not a bad substitute!

The DVD's have finally started to come down on B5, to a little over $20 a season. At one time, it was like $250 US for the 5 season set....BestBuy.com

"Nobody listens to Zathras; but at least there is symetry"
                      Last edited by Whiterook; 01 Jan 08, 21:41. Reason: spelling

Comment

1. Supposedly a good chunk of S4 is done but the WGA strike hits while they are still in the process of another. Many fear another 2.0/2.5 debacle.

2. As for ending the show, its not a pull the plug, its done type of deal it is a "We're going to end the story arc." type of thing most shows don't try, eventually it will become dryer and less inspired filler episodes than some of the more unpopular S3 episodes. As long as they put it right at the end I'll be content, but knowing RDM, he's going to cliff hang about 12 plots while tying up 8.
                        The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed. -Carl Jung

Comment

B5 seasons 1-4 were good, it was an ok story.

Season 5 was the season that shouldn't have aired. They spent all of 1 through 4 talking about a significant story. The story ended. They should have realized the show was over, they after all finished the damn story.

But nope. They gave us season 5, the season about nothing.

That's why I want BSG to actually end in season 4.
                          Because season 1 was the attack and chase.
                          Season 2 was the chase and the illusion of escape.
                          Season 3 was the renewed chase.
                          I expect Season 4 to be the chase and the discovery of earth.

Once they discover earth I expect a grand ending.
                          I certainly don't want to see the show beaten to death afterwards though.
                          Life is change. Built models for decades.
                          Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
                          I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

Originally posted by Whiterook View Post
                            Not a bad substitute!

The DVD's have finally started to come down on B5, to a little over $20 a season. At one time, it was like $250 US for the 5 season set....BestBuy.com

"Nobody listens to Zathras; but at least there is symetry"
                            The movies are $20 but the seasons are still $55 around here.
                            BestBuy has them listed at $50 on their US site and $55 on their Canadian site. I'll have to look around a bit. I would like to watch the entire series. I couldn't watch them consistantly or in order when they have been on TV and gave up trying to follow the story.
                            Last edited by Duncan; 01 Jan 08, 23:41.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Maud'dib View Post
                              B5 seasons 1-4 were good, it was an ok story.

Season 5 was the season that shouldn't have aired. They spent all of 1 through 4 talking about a significant story. The story ended. They should have realized the show was over, they after all finished the damn story.

But nope. They gave us season 5, the season about nothing.

That's why I want BSG to actually end in season 4.
                              Because season 1 was the attack and chase.
                              Season 2 was the chase and the illusion of escape.
                              Season 3 was the renewed chase.
                              I expect Season 4 to be the chase and the discovery of earth.

Once they discover earth I expect a grand ending.
                              I certainly don't want to see the show beaten to death afterwards though.
                              You put it much better than I ever could have!

Comment

Working...
                              X