No announcement yet.

G.I. JOE Film?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone have the Citation for the Real G.I Joe, the guy they molded the first figure after. It seems like he was a PTO veteran who earned "the Medal."
    "This life..., you know, "the life." Youíre not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you donít shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

BoRG

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Mann III View Post
      Vin Diesel could play BeachHead and Ving Rames could be Road Block.
      Tom Cruse could double out as Tomax and Zamot..the acrobatics he did on Oprah were a warm up for him.

Storm Shadow-Sho Kusogi of 'Enter the Ninja' fame.

For some reason, I picture Kelsey Grammer as Cobra Commander. (Forget the Bad Hitler clone with the siblence from the cartoon-I'm talking about the Cobra Commander from the comic book, the corrupt businessman, Watch Toy Story 2 for his voice over of 'Stinky Pete' for the way he goes from sincere to psycho in seconds.)

Ed Harris as General Flagg.
      Rutger Hauer as Hawk.

I could do this all day.
      Delegate, MN GOP.

PATRIA SI, COMUNISMO NO

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/p...?id=1156276727

Comment

Originally posted by SGT Long View Post
        Tom Cruse could double out as Tomax and Zamot..the acrobatics he did on Oprah were a warm up for him.

Storm Shadow-Sho Kusogi of 'Enter the Ninja' fame.

For some reason, I picture Kelsey Grammer as Cobra Commander. (Forget the Bad Hitler clone with the siblence from the cartoon-I'm talking about the Cobra Commander from the comic book, the corrupt businessman, Watch Toy Story 2 for his voice over of 'Stinky Pete' for the way he goes from sincere to psycho in seconds.)

Ed Harris as General Flagg.
        Rutger Hauer as Hawk.

I could do this all day.
        Jackie Chan as Quick Kick?

I like Tom Hanks for General Flagg....

Grammer as Cobra Commander would be cool, or he could be Destro, maybe....

Think Molly Ringwald would play the Dreadnought chick?

Sean Penn as Zartaan....

Tom Cruise....Nice....
        "This life..., you know, "the life." Youíre not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you donít shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

BoRG

Comment

Attention

We have the actor that will play Destro.

Comment

Have you guys seen this link:
            http://www.hasbro.com/gijoe/

The quiz game is pretty funny!

Here is a link on the progress they have made so far on the movie. I was a little disapointed that they weren't bigger name stars, but still can't wait to see it in the theater!

http://imdb.com/title/tt1046173/

Comment

http://www.yojoe.com/ -- for the fans of the 80s/90's 3.5 inch figures.

Tim Curry as Major Bludd.

Christopher Walken as Cobra Commander. (Although he had a high-pitched screechy voice in the cartoon.) Then, the previously-mentioned Kelsey Grammer as Serpentor. Never quite got the dynamic between those two characters.

Bruce Willis as Gen. Hawk.

Lou Diamond Phillips as Shipwreck. (I know, he was a Caucasian in the cartoon, but his character name is "Hector Delgado" from Chula Vista, CA for gosh sakes!)

Angelina Jolie as Baroness. Hawt.

Ozzy Osborne as Zartan. (Hey, we're just brainstorming here, right?)

Sean Connery (with shaven head) as Dr. Mindbender.

Also feels like R. Lee Ermy should be in there somewhere, although he's probably getting a bit old. Maybe as Keel Haul (Admiral on the USS Flagg aircraft carrier)?
              "I am not an atomic playboy."
              Vice Admiral William P. Blandy

Comment

Originally posted by mirrorshades View Post
                Lou Diamond Phillips as Shipwreck. (I know, he was a Caucasian in the cartoon, but his character name is "Hector Delgado" from Chula Vista, CA for gosh sakes!)
                Wow. I can't believe I never noticed that. I had Shipwrecks name card and everything. Nowadays, you have to include a black guy, a mexican, an asian, and a cripple in the script, or it can't get made....
                Last edited by Paul Mann III; 17 Jan 08, 13:12.

BoRG

Comment

Funny you should mention that. I thought the same thing when every year, a new line of characters would hit the toy shelves and there would always be a new Black joe and a new joe-chick. All of this before I ever heard of political correctness.

Speaking of which, Is that really the guy to play Destro? Although the James Earl Jonesish voice in the cartoon was cool, I always questioned the rationale considering that Destro is supposed to be from Scotland.

Connery doing the voice is obvious but perhaps Dougray Scott if they want to be different.

And Angelina Jolie as the Baroness? I dug the Pommie accent she put on in Tomb Raider. A leather outfit and a Tutonic accent thrown in?

*shudder* I may find my circa 1985 Baroness figure under my 13 year old son's bed if that hit's the cinema.
                  Delegate, MN GOP.

PATRIA SI, COMUNISMO NO

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/p...?id=1156276727

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X