Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

G.I. JOE Film?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • G.I. JOE Film?

    There have been rumors for years about a live action GI JOE film. After seeing the sucess of Transformers this year I think the time has come. What are your thoughts? Would you like to see it made? How would you do it? What characters would you like to see in it and which actors would you like to portray them?
    "He's a straight shooter with upper management written all over him"

  • #2
    nah my money is on

    a. Sgt. Rock
    b. Nick Fury and the Howling Commandoes

    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0482631/

    welcome here.

    Comment


    • #3
      In the works

      Actually from what I heard they have a pretty good idea of what they want to do.
      They are still getting cast together etc!
      If you are running things who do want as the main guys?

      Duke-
      Snake Eyes-
      Roadblock-
      Scarlett-
      Gung Ho-

      Cobra-
      Destro-
      Shadow-

      I have some good ideas.
      Ving Rhames could be Roadblock, I have other thoughts as well as there are so many characters to choose from.
      Sam Elliot could be the Chopper pilot "Wild Bill" I believe.
      I really think that Micheal Biehn would be a good "Duke" he is older and a good action star/ leader type.

      What do you think???
      "History does not entrust the care of freedom to the weak or timid." Dwight D. Eisenhower

      Comment


      • #4
        If Lee Marvin were still alive he would get a cameo as would Lee Van Cleef, but my main man is Vin Diesel backed by anybody competent like Elliot and Biehn and the 'Rock'.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Centrix Vigilis View Post
          nah my money is on

          a. Sgt. Rock
          b. Nick Fury and the Howling Commandoes

          http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0482631/

          welcome here.
          I spent hours as a kid reading those comic books. I would love to see a decent movie made about either one of them.
          Those that forget history are condemed to repeat it.
          If you're going to be one you might as well be a BIG RED ONE

          Comment


          • #6
            Loved that show... And since I hated transformers when I was younger but loved the movie....
            The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed. -Carl Jung

            Hell is other people. -Jean-Paul Sarte

            Comment


            • #7
              Well, I guess it depends on what era GI Joe!

              I would pay to see a film based on the WWII GI Joes of my 60's youth, with Brad Pitt being a perfect match.

              The 80's + GI Joes have no interest for me
              http://www.militarywargaming.com

              "The Golden Rule of War, Speed - Simplicity - Boldness" -- General George S. Patton, Jr

              Comment


              • #8
                Joe based on the 1960's original action figure.
                Those that forget history are condemed to repeat it.
                If you're going to be one you might as well be a BIG RED ONE

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Centrix Vigilis View Post
                  nah my money is on

                  a. Sgt. Rock
                  b. Nick Fury and the Howling Commandoes

                  http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0482631/

                  welcome here.
                  I would love to see Sgt. Rock. I'm 28 so I can relate more to the 80s GI JOE. I think if you have the same characters with a modern twist. I hated Miami Vice growing up but when I saw the film by Michael Mann I thought it was great. The acting wasn't Shakespear (doesn't need to be with action films) But the action was awsome. A good Modern twist on an old franchise.
                  "He's a straight shooter with upper management written all over him"

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by creeping death View Post
                    Actually from what I heard they have a pretty good idea of what they want to do.
                    They are still getting cast together etc!
                    If you are running things who do want as the main guys?

                    Duke-
                    Snake Eyes-
                    Roadblock-
                    Scarlett-
                    Gung Ho-

                    Cobra-
                    Destro-
                    Shadow-

                    I have some good ideas.
                    Ving Rhames could be Roadblock, I have other thoughts as well as there are so many characters to choose from.
                    Sam Elliot could be the Chopper pilot "Wild Bill" I believe.
                    I really think that Micheal Biehn would be a good "Duke" he is older and a good action star/ leader type.

                    What do you think???
                    Very good choices. I would love to see some of the vehicles make their way on the big screen. It could have a "Black Hawk Down" feel mixed in with "Tom Clancy" and maybe "Bourne Identity" type action sequences.
                    "He's a straight shooter with upper management written all over him"

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Whiterook View Post
                      Well, I guess it depends on what era GI Joe!

                      I would pay to see a film based on the WWII GI Joes of my 60's youth, with Brad Pitt being a perfect match.

                      The 80's + GI Joes have no interest for me
                      Aw man, but that's when a lot of us remember it from! Actually growing up with that show, even though they were reruns, really had a lot of weird plots and drama in it. The main thing was that it was the first kid's show to have characters you cared about

                      Cobra was just a psycho with all kinds of gadgets and snappy dictator uniforms.
                      Destro was the guy running things. Check it out: this guy was probably the first pimp in cartoons: He had a leather jacket with a fur collar every-stinking where he went (desert, turbojet, wherever), he was an arms and goods dealer that helped Cobra have any chance of running things, and he had not a gold tooth, not a necklace, but a gold ****in head!
                      Then there was Destro's chick who taught us all that glasses were attractive.

                      The only good guy I remember was the green beret character, because he always had all of the problems: He was the one who got a crack habit in the no-drugs episode, and he also was the only main character to actually die (from a snake to the heart, no less).....even though he came back in a few years.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Swampwolf View Post
                        Aw man, but that's when a lot of us remember it from! Actually growing up with that show, even though they were reruns, really had a lot of weird plots and drama in it. The main thing was that it was the first kid's show to have characters you cared about

                        The only good guy I remember was the green beret character, because he always had all of the problems: He was the one who got a crack habit in the no-drugs episode, and he also was the only main character to actually die (from a snake to the heart, no less).....even though he came back in a few years.
                        Yup, 1983-1993, the good years for G.I Joe.

                        They killed Dusty and Shipwreck during a 5 part special, but of course they brought them back.

                        Now you know, and knowing is half the battle. -Duke & Flint
                        "This life..., you know, "the life." Youíre not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you donít shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

                        BoRG

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Carl Weathers-Stalker
                          Dolph Lundgren-Duke
                          Charlie Sheen-Shipwreck
                          Jane Badler (From the V series-is she still around?) as Baroness.
                          Delegate, MN GOP.

                          PATRIA SI, COMUNISMO NO

                          http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/p...?id=1156276727

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by SGT Long View Post
                            Carl Weathers-Stalker
                            Dolph Lundgren-Duke
                            Charlie Sheen-Shipwreck
                            Jane Badler (From the V series-is she still around?) as Baroness.


                            Vin Diesel could play BeachHead and Ving Rames could be Road Block.
                            "This life..., you know, "the life." Youíre not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you donít shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

                            BoRG

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Well, there's probably room for both types of GI Joes....

                              The more contemporary (80's et al.) would be more fantasy/cutting edge fare

                              The Joe's of old (60's) in a WWII to Vietnam story line

                              No disrespect to the later Joe's ...different generation, to a degree. I do own a few of these from the 80's, but my primary collection (and fond memories) are from the 60's version. I think there's room enough for all.
                              http://www.militarywargaming.com

                              "The Golden Rule of War, Speed - Simplicity - Boldness" -- General George S. Patton, Jr

                              Comment

                              Latest Topics

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X