Pearl Harbor, is this the most accurate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pearl Harbor, is this the most accurate

I know the Holloywood fim on Pearl Harbor was one of the most expensive ever made, but in terms of accuracy I think this is closer to the actual event

And much less expensive to make too! I saw some of the filming of the movie and it was kinda eerie to have formations of Japanese replica aircraft flying around. Some of us historical accuracy anal types bemoaned the lack of attention to detail like using green paint scheme Zeroes and P-40E's instead of P-40B's.
    TTFN

Comment

Other than the PH attack part I didn't like the Hollywood movie at all (war movies and love stories seldom work for me). I liked "Tora Tora Tora" much better.
      I just saw part of "Pearl Harbor" on Blue Ray disc (the begining of the attack). WOW!! I gotta get a giant HD tv and a Blue Ray player.
      "Every man should be his own Guru; every woman her own Gurette" ...Ed Abbey

Comment

All kidding aside, though, I also enjoyed Tora, Tora, Tora. Hm... haven't watched it for some years now, though. Maybe it's time once again.
        "I am not an atomic playboy."
        Vice Admiral William P. Blandy

Comment

Tora, Tora, Tora was the best IMO - it may be very long and slow paced at times but its a very good movie.

Anything is better then the one with Ben Afleck and Josh Hartnett

Comment

Originally posted by Kendoka Girl View Post
            And much less expensive to make too! I saw some of the filming of the movie and it was kinda eerie to have formations of Japanese replica aircraft flying around. Some of us historical accuracy anal types bemoaned the lack of attention to detail like using green paint scheme Zeroes and P-40E's instead of P-40B's.

In comparison that is no mistake when compared to the use of Arleigh Burke Class DD. The whole film should have been listed under Comedy, what a joke.

HP
            "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by redcoat View Post
              I know the Holloywood fim on Pearl Harbor was one of the most expensive ever made, but in terms of accuracy I think this is closer to the actual event

That Sir was not fair!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!My sides ache from laughing

Comment

Well it's 6:42 in the morning, I have a dreadful cold, but that laugh was great... thank you
                Life is change. Built models for decades.
                Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
                I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

Actually, Monty Python's pepperpot Ladies Battle Reenactment Society's Battle of Pearl Harbor was much more accurate than the more recent production. It is hard to believe one man can fly in the Battle of Britain and survive, then defend Pearl Harbor and then take part in the Tokyo Raid. Whew!! He must have had his Wheaties for breakfast.
                  Peace is Our Profession

Comment

Watching it as I write. From start to end perhaps the biggest pile of historical Shiit that has ever been produced. Corny to the max.

Thank you AFN Tora, Tora, Tora.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                    X