"The Mist"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "The Mist"

Just got back from seeing this, and wow. I don't like slashers or blood & gore
    too much so i was happy that this just scares the begeezes out of you with out that stuff.

I was hooked as soon as that eiree siren goes off, you know the one we used to hear all the time as kids in case of a Nuke attack.

Anyway i really enjoyed this big time, its kinda a end of the world type movie.
    If your a realist who goes for more true fact flicks, this most likely isn't for
    you. But if you like big time suspense, and getting scared good, this movie
    reminds me alot of the first Alien flick, where you don't see what it is. But
    then you finally do.
    Life is what happens to you when your busy making other plans! Lennon - www.lufttiger.com

Originally posted by lufttiger View Post
    I was hooked as soon as that eiree siren goes off, you know the one we used to hear all the time as kids in case of a Nuke attack.
    Not Really.

My parents said it was a good book and if the movie staied true to it, it was going to be great... I want to see it.... badly...
    I am a simple man. I am by no means smarter than the average man. I am average...yet genius.

Comment

This sounds like.....

one I might have to see, when I have a moment.

Cheers, thanks for the info!!

Comment

don't I just saw it. It's a complete downer of a movie. This is no up point in this entire move. The ending made me want to say "What the f**k was that?"
        "The people never have the power, only the illusion of it. And here is the real secret: they don't want it. The responsibility is too great to bear. It's why they are so quick to fall in line as soon as someone else takes charge."
        "

Comment

Not released here yet...in fact no publicity at all. The only reason I stopped into this thread was because Stephen King wrote a short story called 'The Mist' and it scared the proverbial out of me. I wondered if it was the same story.
          The truth? You can't handle the truth! No truth handler you! I deride your truth handling abilities!
          Sideshow Bob.

Comment

I thought this was from a weird and horrible (but good) S.King short story....
            "Freedom cannot exist without discipline, self-discipline, and rights cannot exist without duties. Those who do not observe their duties do not deserve their rights."--Oriana Fallaci

Comment

It is King's work.

Saw it as well and was not impressed... as and aside for the sake of Marsha Hardin...no name imo basically cast again...can't understand why King puts up with that schitze other then he's lost his rights once he sells it....

What i cant remember is whether in the opening of the alt universe the creatures were not from the 'Dark Tower episodes.

b.
              CV

Comment

I read two reviews of this movie, one good and one bad. I think I may be leaning toward the Golden Compass.
                TTFN

Comment

Spoiler Alert

Originally posted by ace View Post
                  don't I just saw it. It's a complete downer of a movie. This is no up point in this entire move. The ending made me want to say "What the f**k was that?"
                  Couldn't agree more. Not only was it not true to the story and needlessly depressing, it was unimaginative, basically a combination of two cliches: the Easy Rider everyone dies suddenly ending mixed with the cavalry arriving just in time.

If I wanted to show a little creative license I'd have a scene with the M1 tanks and Apache helicopters going total war on the Levia-Kraken. Maybe throw in a little comic relief by having Johnny Depp commanding the forces.

"Bugger, not another bloody octupus!"
                  A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Comment

Originally posted by pirateship1982 View Post
                    Spoiler Alert

Couldn't agree more. Not only was it not true to the story and needlessly depressing, it was unimaginative, basically a combination of two cliches: the Easy Rider everyone dies suddenly ending mixed with the cavalry arriving just in time.

If I wanted to show a little creative license I'd have a scene with the M1 tanks and Apache helicopters going total war on the Levia-Kraken. Maybe throw in a little comic relief by having Johnny Depp commanding the forces.

"Bugger, not another bloody octupus!"
                    it kinda remined me of the night of the living dead ending I kept saying it's gonna be a night of the living dead ending and I was right, I mean the movie premise and acting was great but the last 5 minutes ruins the whole movie
                    Last edited by ace; 03 Dec 07, 13:00.
                    "The people never have the power, only the illusion of it. And here is the real secret: they don't want it. The responsibility is too great to bear. It's why they are so quick to fall in line as soon as someone else takes charge."
                    "

Comment

Speaking of living dead, when I was a kid, I'd hang around my dad's office and I met a guy who was the last zombie killed in Dawn of the Dead. He got the part by just showing up with a friend who was the prop guy.
                      TTFN

Comment

It is nothing more than a re-make of The Fog - the original was far better.
                        Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

The Mist is a superb movie

This movie is not really similar to "The Fog" or any other film for that matter.
                          Most of the actors are not known by name but are familar faces to moviegoers. Stephen King did write the novella or short story originally published in the horror anthology "Dark Forces" published in 1980 and later reprinted in his own horror anthology "Skeleton Crew."
                          Many young people would not like this movie for various reasons, in particular because it does not have the constant gore and pain of movies such as Hostel, Saw, and House of 1000 Corpses. It does contain constant suspense, and occasional terror and downright horror.
                          King publishes to three levels, suspense, terror/horror and gross-out. This story basically appeals to the first two levels of entertainment. The ending is quite different than the novella and King approves of it very much. I will remember this movie for many years to come and intend to see again at theaters and to purchase it when it is released on disc. I would give this movie a 10 out of 10 rating.
                          Peace is Our Profession

Comment

Originally posted by Schwerepunkt View Post
                            This movie is not really similar to "The Fog" or any other film for that matter.
                            Most of the actors are not known by name but are familar faces to moviegoers. Stephen King did write the novella or short story originally published in the horror anthology "Dark Forces" published in 1980 and later reprinted in his own horror anthology "Skeleton Crew."
                            Many young people would not like this movie for various reasons, in particular because it does not have the constant gore and pain of movies such as Hostel, Saw, and House of 1000 Corpses. It does contain constant suspense, and occasional terror and downright horror.
                            King publishes to three levels, suspense, terror/horror and gross-out. This story basically appeals to the first two levels of entertainment. The ending is quite different than the novella and King approves of it very much. I will remember this movie for many years to come and intend to see again at theaters and to purchase it when it is released on disc. I would give this movie a 10 out of 10 rating.
                            Can you tell me what differn't ending was in the book? I didn't care too much
                            for the movie ending, but that was ok for me as the rest of it was awesome.
                            Life is what happens to you when your busy making other plans! Lennon - www.lufttiger.com

Comment

There are four people left and three bullets in the gun. He does not use them. They hear a radio station and the word "Hartford" and end up stopped at a Howard Johnsons the night of their escape from the supermarket. He wrote two words to his son, they sound alike and the last one was "hope".
                              Peace is Our Profession

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X