Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mountain Man
    replied
    A joint decision was made by everyone involved to end BSG while it was viable series, and not drag it on forever with a lot of boring "filler" episodes. Logically, there has to be some sort of end to the quest, and this final season will be it.

I am curious to see how it will end, but not too curious, as the series has gone in directions that just seem to clutter everything up, such as the entire "mystical journey" bit that seems to occupy so much time and energy.

Leave a comment:

• BarcelonaBlom
    replied
    Where did a "it got cancelled" attitude come from? It was never cancelled they are just ending it. Plain and simple.

I'd rather see it end with closure on a good run then drag out like most modern shows and eventually go to horrible, simplistic plots and writing.

Leave a comment:

• TRDG
    replied
    Say it ain't so, the last season?

They could have gone so many ways on this for the 5th season!! Hey, maybe if they put the Ghost Hunters on a "special" episode on BSG, they might coninue it........

Cheers, I can't find season three anywhere in Wisconsin!!!

Tom

Leave a comment:

• Whiterook
    replied
    Originally posted by Listy View Post
    **shrug ** Each to our own, But I'm so going to be dischuffed if they don't have a good logical reason for Starbuck coming back.
    I know the answer to your Starbuck question, but I don't want to give anything away to folks who haven't caught up to the latest. PM me if you want to know.

Leave a comment:

• Listy
    replied
    Originally posted by Duncan View Post
    Starbuck goes away?!!!

Oh man it's killing me, waiting for season three to be available on DVD.
    Season three came out a few months ago.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...s#DVD_releases

HA, Just noticed that region 1 still hasn't been released

Yes Starbuck's plane gets exploded. Although to be honest season three is dull from about half way through, right up until the end.

Oh and just to tease you some more:

Leave a comment:

• Duncan
    replied
    **shrug ** Each to our own, But I'm so going to be dischuffed if they don't have a good logical reason for Starbuck coming back.
    Starbuck goes away?!!!

Oh man it's killing me, waiting for season three to be available on DVD.

Leave a comment:

• Listy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Duncan
    replied
    One thing I do wish they'd step away from In BSG is the whole Mystical thing. Like Starbuck (Starbuck a Doris?! HA!), having the visions of things, and Tyrel walking off and finding the temple because of weird gribbly mystical things, that just annoys me.

Much to my dismay the New B5's went all religious as well.

Oh and the Classic BSG stuff (Cylons, Vipers and Galatica) looked better. Although my keen eye has spotted some serious throw backs to the first series, not just the Publicized ones. Anyone spot the Original Rising Star in Razor? How about the Original style Shuttles in one of the episodes?
    I've only seen the first two seasons. I really like the mystical thing. It adds another dimension for me. I think the complication it adds to the themes may be my favourite aspect of the show.

Leave a comment:

• Whiterook
    replied
    One thing I do wish they'd step away from In BSG is the whole Mystical thing. Like Starbuck (Starbuck a Doris?! HA!), having the visions of things, and Tyrel walking off and finding the temple because of weird gribbly mystical things, that just annoys me.

Oh and the Classic BSG stuff (Cylons, Vipers and Galatica) looked better. Although my keen eye has spotted some serious throw backs to the first series, not just the Publicized ones. Anyone spot the Original Rising Star in Razor? How about the Original style Shuttles in one of the episodes?
    Ah, the original had a lot of the "Mystical" thing too, though....Lords of Kobol; Adama's secret room on Galactica where he read the scrolls and tried to figure out the whole 13th Tribe gig. And there was also the globe "beings" toward the original series end, that turned Apollo and Starbuck's uniforms white for some unknown reason, and were tied "mysticall" to the plot in some way.

IMHO, the re-imagined version is a lot more cutting edge with the whole "mystical" Kobol thing without getting as wrapped up in their importance as much as the original. The Cylon's "religion" was supposed to come into more focus at this next stage, but with the show being cancelled, I don't know how far they will get. Just like when babylon 5 barely made it to it's 5th season, I always thought Michael J. Strasynski was "rushed" into the comnclusion the show ended with; and I fear the same fate may be in store for BSG.

Leave a comment:

• Listy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Whiterook
    replied
    I haven't seen it yet, but plan on buying the DVD this week. I was saddened to hear this is the last season of BSG.....I get the feeling the Producers are bored and want to move on; which really stinks, because I wasn't initially sure the direction they were heading in for the re-imagining of the series would work. Now that I'm hooked, they're yanking it!

I know there was talk of a prequel....Caprica. But knowing Sci-Fi, and their pentient for being all over the place, I'm not holding my breath!

And I agree with B5....one of the best sci-fi shows ever! With Andreas Katsulas and Rick Biggs gone, the feature films they used to speak of are probably nil, as well.

Leave a comment:

• Kevin Kenneally
    replied
    New perspective of the crew of the Pegasus

Just bought and WATCHED the entire BSG: RAZOR DVD.

WOW.

Just wish they would post season three for sale.

I hope they incorporate the 10 webisodes that were shown before Season 3 began.

WOW.

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    I watched some of the B5 episodes and liked them. Sadly, I was not in a situation where I could regularly tune in, so I missed the greater majority. Thank heavens for the DVD! I have some serious catching up to do.

Leave a comment:

• Dallas
    replied
    Yeah but Lockley (Can't remember her name, but it's a silly last name) hasn't aged well at all...
    Tracy Scroggins is her name she just turned 54 and you're right it looks like she needs jowl surgery. The name of the Video is Babylon 5: The Lost Tales.

Leave a comment:

• Listy
    replied
    Originally posted by Dallas View Post
    B5 is my all time favorite SciFi show. Although BSG is now a close second. There was a recent direct to DVD release of a movie with Bruce Boxlietner (sp) that continued the B5 story. It was an OK story only a few of the original cast were in it. In fact there were only a few characters in the whole story. I'll try to find the DVD so I can post the title of the film.

To me the big different between B5 and BSG is hope. B5 has hope as part of the story, where as BSG seems to have an under current of no hope in their situation.
    Yeah but Lockley (Can't remember her name, but it's a silly last name) hasn't aged well at all...

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X