Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Night Watch/Day Watch

Anyone a fan of the books or movies?
    The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed. -Carl Jung

Hell is other people. -Jean-Paul Sarte

Watched them both, you beat me to a thread.

Interesting, to say the least, is it very popular over there? Day Watch was more interesting to me, but somewhat confusing as well...... Night Watch was a "did'nt miss much" one for me.

Cheers, did'nt know there were books out as well, have you read any of them?

Tom

Comment

Nah but I've heard the import versions of the movie cut a lot of story out.

But the books are supposedly the rage over in Russia.
      The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed. -Carl Jung

Comment

Interesting

I may have to PM my buddy Alex and see what he thinks, but I'm not sure he is into this kind of stuff. I will let you know what he thinks when I get a reply from him.

Cheers, what was your take on the movies?

Tom

Comment

Certainly interesting and different, not too many "modern fantasy" I own both. I like them and the plot is a bit convoluted but cool. Supposedly the movies have outgrossed movies like Return of the King and The Matrix and stuff in the Russia, so it'd be interesting to find out for sure.

I think Anton is a surprisingly complex character though, and his decision in Daywatch was an interesting one.

Comment

Was'nt his thing.....

Alex watched a part of Night Watch, but that is it, it was to dark, as in the filming shots themselves, so he did'nt bother with the rest, and Day Watch......

Cheers, maybe someone else from over there, I will check back later.

Tom

Comment

I have seen them and I suppose those are great movies. They were blockbusters in Russia.

As I know the Western versions are limited in comparison to the Russian ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrey View Post
                I have seen them and I suppose those are great movies. They were blockbusters in Russia.

As I know the Western versions are limited in comparison to the Russian ones.
                Yes they are, a lot of scenes that would put more character development in are cut out, in lieu of speeding up the film. Hey I suffered Kurosawa films, so length does not affect me.

Comment

Thanks Andrey!!

You got my PM!! Now if I could only get Alex over here!!! But probably not with his busy site and work.......

Cheers, there's one for ya B.B.

Tom

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X