Beowulf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beowulf

It's not that good. And once again it's only vaguely related to the poem.
    AHIKS - Play by (E)mail board wargaming since 1965.
    The Blitz - Play by Email computer wargaming.

Saw it yesterday..twernt bad twernt great...visuals were interesting and Angie Jolies body paint job stole the show. Another example of follywood and total distortion but otoh to do the epic as written, would require a Peter Jackson type and alas that's rare.

best
    CV

Comment

Hmmmmm... AJ in body paint - might astually pay $8.50 to go see it...
      CPT T
      Field Artillery
      BDE S3 - Peacemaker 3 - OIF 09
      FSO - 1BCT, 3ID - OIF III

"Loved or Hated... Never Ignored... COLT sticks it deep!"

Comment

Originally posted by Redleg155 View Post
        It actually looks a lot like that Marylin Manson nueter outfit.

Comment

saw it yesterday was okay, worked for the theater got to see it for free
          "The people never have the power, only the illusion of it. And here is the real secret: they don't want it. The responsibility is too great to bear. It's why they are so quick to fall in line as soon as someone else takes charge."
          "

Comment

Where the heck do you live? Even with student dsicounts I still have to pay 15 bucks, not to mention the food and drinks!

IS this movie animated?
            I am a simple man. I am by no means smarter than the average man. I am average...yet genius.

Comment

Originally posted by comm. waffle View Post
              Where the heck do you live? Even with student dsicounts I still have to pay 15 bucks, not to mention the food and drinks!

IS this movie animated?
              yeah, at my theater it's 9.00 for an adult, unless you saw it in the afternoon than it would have been 7.00, but then there's food. Also it's kinda of animated and it's diffucult to explain it
              Last edited by ace; 18 Nov 07, 22:27.
              "The people never have the power, only the illusion of it. And here is the real secret: they don't want it. The responsibility is too great to bear. It's why they are so quick to fall in line as soon as someone else takes charge."
              "

Comment

Originally posted by comm. waffle View Post

IS this movie animated?
                $11 for a movie here. I refuse to pay inflated prices for what they loosely call food and watery coffee. We usually tuck some sushi and a thermos of coffee into a day pack.

The animation was very impressive. You forget that it's animated some times. While it didn't have a lot in common with the poem, the massive deviations actually made it a good story. It just didn't come off as well as it could have. I doubt that the poem would hold up well to a true adaptation. The voice acting was absolutely terrible.
                Last edited by Duncan; 19 Nov 07, 00:32.

Comment

95 SEK (approximately USD15) for a movie here in my distant part in the world.

I'm vary of the Beowulf movie n' don't think that it's worth the effort, AJ or not. Seriously she's not that hot bodypaint or not n' she's not more than a run of the mill actress. I guess that I'll save my hard earned money to something else instead.
                  The safest place in Korea was behind a platoon of Marines. Lord how they could fight! - MGEN Frank Lowe, U.S. Army.
                  ----
                  We got a kinder, gentler, Machine gun hand - N.Y.

Comment

I remember I had to read this for English back in High School and promptly forgot it. I don't remember any of the story, and will probably not go see the movie. That puts me anywhere between 8 and 15 dollars ahead in the books this week

Comment

Originally posted by Miss.Saigon View Post
                      I remember I had to read this for English back in High School and promptly forgot it. I don't remember any of the story, and will probably not go see the movie. That puts me anywhere between 8 and 15 dollars ahead in the books this week
                      Oh my! Shame on you!
                      Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

So this would be easy to hold off until......

it comes out as a rental, I take it? It should'nt be to long then, before I see it, if the posts so far have been accurate.......

Cheers, any Horatio Hornblower or some good old Richard Sharpe shows being contemplated that anyone knows about?

Comment

Originally posted by TRDG View Post
                          it comes out as a rental, I take it? It should'nt be to long then, before I see it, if the posts so far have been accurate.......

Cheers, any Horatio Hornblower or some good old Richard Sharpe shows being contemplated that anyone knows about?
                          you need to see it in theaters to get the full visual feel
                          "

Comment

Here is a helpful link for those more interested in the original poem.

best
                            CV

http://www.humanities.mcmaster.ca/~beowulf/main.html

Comment

7.50 here for a movie ticket. But I live in a small town with a small town theatre.

It's 11 bucks in a city with a real theatre normally in my region.

And I never go to the theatre until I hear people raving about how great the film is or for special cases such as biased interest in the topic.

9 out of 10 films made should have gone straight to rental in my view. They were never "big screen" worthy, not to mention barely worthy at all.
                              Life is change. Built models for decades.
                              Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
                              I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X