X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite Movie Character

Okay,

Here's the rules:

Name your favorite "MOVIE" character (male/female or both) and WHY.

Male - John McLane. Is a very "luckless" person who trouble seems to find.

Female - Dominoe, from the movie "Sharky's Machine"... Such a "lovely" imagine standing in the door at the start of the movie.....
    Kevin Kenneally
    Masters from a school of "hard knocks"
    Member of a Ph.D. Society (Post hole. Digger)

Male: Ferris Bueller, a true role model for me when I was a teenager

Female: O'ren Ishii from Kill Bill, lethal and sexy

Comment

Originally posted by Boonierat View Post
      Male: Ferris Bueller, a true role model for me when I was a teenager

Female: O'ren Ishii from Kill Bill, lethal and sexy

Good ones Boonie....
      Kevin Kenneally
      Masters from a school of "hard knocks"
      Member of a Ph.D. Society (Post hole. Digger)

Comment

Male: Josey Wales...He just had a way with words...

"Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?"

"Dyin' ain't much of a living, boy."

"I ain't promising you nothing extra. I'm just giving you life and you're giving me life. And I'm saying that men can live together without butchering one another."

Female: Clarice Starling...Just one of the best characters ever.

Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

Good one.

Male -- Buckaroo Banzai. Oddly enough, I just changed my avatar to his logo earlier today (before this thread came out). Why? He's just so darn cool:

"May I pass along my congratulations for your great
          interdimensional breakthrough. I am sure, in the miserable
          annals of the Earth, you will be duly enshrined."

Female -- Hm, this one's harder. I like Rachel from Blade Runner (Sean Young... Mmmm...), but I think I have to go with Kate Libby/Acid Burn. Because in my nerdy, geeky manner, I want to believe that all chicks who work with computers are as tough and sultry as she is:

"Yeah. RISC is good."
          Attached Files
          "I am not an atomic playboy."
          Vice Admiral William P. Blandy

Comment

Male-Danial Jackson form Stargate

Female-Alex Murphy in Charlies Angels
            "The people never have the power, only the illusion of it. And here is the real secret: they don't want it. The responsibility is too great to bear. It's why they are so quick to fall in line as soon as someone else takes charge."
            "

Comment

Male - Ron Burgundy from Anchorman Whatta guy!!!!

Female - Dianne Fossey from Gorillas in the Mist
              "The Eastern front is like a house of cards. If the front is broken through at one point all the rest will collapse."- General Heinz Guderian

"Oakland Raiders: Committed to Excellence"

Comment

Male - Max Von Sydow, as the Swedish Knight Antonious Block in "The 7th Seal", 1956, Directed by Ingmar Bergmann.

Female - Anything with Maureen O'Hara in it. What a strong, confident actress in a day when women were looked apon as much less.
                Last edited by KGPanzerschrecK; 05 Nov 07, 01:05.
                http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...200pixwide.jpg

Kampfgruppe - A Wargaming Clan Since 1998

NorbertSnyderJr.com

Comment

Robert Shaw as Quint in Jaws. What character and what a delivery. A bit of trivia: The entire Indianapolis monologue was ad libed.

Hooper (Richard Dreyfuss): You were on the Indianapolis?
                  Brody (Roy Scheider): What happened?
                  Quint: Japanese submarine slammed two torpedoes into our side, chief. It was comin' back, from the island of Tinian Delady, just delivered the bomb. The Hiroshima bomb. Eleven hundred men went into the water. Vessel went down in twelve minutes. Didn't see the first shark for about a half an hour. Tiger. Thirteen footer. You know, you know that when you're in the water, chief? You tell by lookin' from the dorsal to the tail. Well, we didn't know. `Cause our bomb mission had been so secret, no distress signal had been sent. Huh huh. They didn't even list us overdue for a week. Very first light, chief. The sharks come cruisin'. So we formed ourselves into tight groups. You know it's... kinda like `ol squares in battle like a, you see on a calendar, like the battle of Waterloo. And the idea was, the shark would go for nearest man and then he'd start poundin' and hollerin' and screamin' and sometimes the shark would go away. Sometimes he wouldn't go away. Sometimes that shark, he looks right into you. Right into your eyes. You know the thing about a shark, he's got...lifeless eyes, black eyes, like a doll's eye. When he comes at ya, doesn't seem to be livin'. Until he bites ya and those black eyes roll over white. And then, ah then you hear that terrible high pitch screamin' and the ocean turns red and spite of all the poundin' and the hollerin' they all come in and rip you to pieces.
                  Y'know by the end of that first dawn, lost a hundred men! I don't know how many sharks, maybe a thousand! I don't know how many men, they averaged six an hour. On Thursday mornin' chief, I bumped into a friend of mine, Herbie Robinson from Cleveland. Baseball player, boson's mate. I thought he was asleep, reached over to wake him up. Bobbed up and down in the water, just like a kinda top. Up ended. Well... he'd been bitten in half below the waist. Noon the fifth day, Mr. Hooper, a Lockheed Ventura saw us, he swung in low and he saw us. He'd a young pilot, a lot younger than Mr. Hooper, anyway he saw us and come in low. And three hours later a big fat PBY comes down and start to pick us up. You know that was the time I was most frightened? Waitin' for my turn. I'll never put on a lifejacket again. So, eleven hundred men went in the water, three hundred and sixteen men come out, the sharks ttook the rest, June the 29, 1945. Anyway, we delivered the bomb.
                  If you can't set a good example, be a glaring warning.

Comment

"Make it Vin". Steve McQueen. The Magnificent Seven.

Holly Golightly. Audrey Hepburn, Breakfast at Tiffany's.
                    War. Young men killing each other for the benefit of old men!

Comment

Lots to choose from, but if i'm pushed...

Male...

'Withnail' from the movie Withnail and I

Richard E. Grant

Withnail and his friend Marwood are unemployed actors in 60's London, perpetually stoned and pissed. After a 3 day binge they con a weekends holiday from Withnails gay uncle Monty. Little does Marwood know that he is the 'price' of the weekend in the cottage, not until Monty turns up and after an excruciatingly sad pursuit tries to 'bugger' him 'even if it means burglary!'.
                      Of note are the 'chat up' lines used by Monty during his 'seduction' of Marwood. They are the verbatim lines used by a famous 60's Italian director who tried and failed to seduce the films writer and director (then a young actor).

Female...

'Sister Ruth' in the movie Black Narcissus

Kathleen Byron

As sister Ruth she goes gradually insane with lust for the local British agent (David Ferrar) whilst confined to a high Hymalyan school, which used to be a hareem. Eventually she goes mad and literally 'over the edge' of a mountain while trying to kill her fellow nun sister Clodagh.

Gaz

Comment

Male, mine would have to be Mel Gibson in the "Road Warrior", because that is my favorite movie and he plays the anti-hero so well.

Female, I go with Sigourney Weaver as Ripley in "Alien", because I think she played the female hero so well. I also like whoever the lady was that played Marisol in "A Fistful of Dollars." My wife is from Mexico and we have two kids, and we were surprised both times. If either of the babies had been female I wanted to name our daughter Marisol after this lady, because I think she is very attractive in the movie(although not as attractive as my wife) and I like the movie so much. We had boys both times, so I didn't get to use the name. I don't think my wife liked the name though.

"And you may find yourself living in a shotgun shack
                        And you may find yourself in another part of the world
                        And you may find yourself behind the wheel of a large automobile
                        And you may find yourself in a beautiful house, with a beautiful
                        Wife
                        And you may ask yourself-well...how did I get here?" 'Once in a Lifetime'

Comment

Male: Taras Bulba in the movie of the same name. This is the movie that Yul Brynner shaved his head for. He liked it so much he kept it that way. He is a great Cossack colonel and dad in the movie. His great line: "You want to place your trust in a Pole? Put your faith in your sword and the sword in the Pole!"

Female: Melanie Wilkes in Gone With the Wind. Olivia de Havilland is absolutely beautiful and I like how she conceals her toughness -- she's hard as a rock when the Yankees come looking for Ashley!

Barcsi János ispán vezérőrnagy
                          Time Magazine's Person of the Year for 2003 & 2006

"Never pet a burning dog."

RECOMMENDED WEBSITES:
                          http://www.mormon.org
                          http://www.sca.org
                          http://www.scv.org/
                          http://www.scouting.org/

Comment

Originally posted by Janos View Post

Female: Melanie Wilkes in Gone With the Wind. Olivia de Havilland is absolutely beautiful and I like how she conceals her toughness -- she's hard as a rock when the Yankees come looking for Ashley!
                            Ashley was a wimp! Whatever did She or Scarlet see in him???

Now Rhet Butler, that is a different story.

Comment

Originally posted by Miss.Saigon View Post
                              Ashley was a wimp! Whatever did She or Scarlet see in him???
                              Given Scarlet's character, it was probably "forbidden fruit.".
                              "Profanity is but a linguistic crutch for illiterate motherbleepers"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X