Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• windtalkers - best war movie ever?

NOOOOTTTT!!

saw it for the first time (and reluctantly after so many bad reviews) last night on tv.

what a pile of dung of a movie. after 45 minutes (after the first Saipan battle scene) I stopped watching and went to have sex.

what a moronic movie!!!!
    "Freedom cannot exist without discipline, self-discipline, and rights cannot exist without duties. Those who do not observe their duties do not deserve their rights."--Oriana Fallaci

Originally posted by piero1971 View Post
    I stopped watching and went to have sex.
    That beats nearly every movie (unless you're alone )
    Barcsi János ispán vezérőrnagy
    Time Magazine's Person of the Year for 2003 & 2006

"Never pet a burning dog."

RECOMMENDED WEBSITES:
    http://www.mormon.org
    http://www.sca.org
    http://www.scv.org/
    http://www.scouting.org/

Comment

Originally posted by Janos View Post
      That beats nearly every movie (unless you're alone )

as Woody Allen said:

"I'm great in bed, and ever greater with someone is in bed with me"
      "Freedom cannot exist without discipline, self-discipline, and rights cannot exist without duties. Those who do not observe their duties do not deserve their rights."--Oriana Fallaci

Comment

Windtalkers: a great concept totally ruined by Hollywoody.

BTW: there is no such thing as bad sex.

Comment

Those guys with the Thompsons out gunned Sgt Saunders!

Comment

Totally bad movie but a good concept for a movie. I doubt Nick Cage would have survived half of that.
            "All Glory is Fleeting"

Comment

What I learned from the movie is that if we had just signed up Al Capone to teach us fight, we would have had no problems.

Comment

Yeah, this was a pretty brutal film. I actually saw it in theatres when it first came out. John Woo totally butchered it with way too mnay over-the-top scenes and action sequences. Too bad too, because the actual story of those windtalkers is actually quite interesting.

Comment

People, when will you realize that when Nicolas Cage is in a movie, then it is automatically BAD!!?
                  Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

Originally posted by revans View Post
                    People, when will you realize that when Nicolas Cage is in a movie, then it is automatically BAD!!?
                    Obviously you have never seen Lord of War!!

Comment

Originally posted by dirkymarky View Post
                      Obviously you have never seen Lord of War!!
                      LoW is based upon the life of Victor Bout. It's an excellent film about a real man that profitered from several low-level wars in Africa, amongst many other wars. He was even employed by the CIA to funnel arms to so-called American allies in Iraq... Typical Western response... something didn't go boom... therefore it's hated.

Windtalkers?

As a fromer U.S. Marine, I found the title to be horrid. It avoids the factual accounts of the Navajo Marines and their contributions to the war effort. But it's a John Woo film, what did you expect?

Comment

John Woo made one mistake ... he shot a war movie like a John Woo movie!

Comment

While I agree that it was over the top in many scenes (especially the ending where Cage and Adam Beach take on an entire Japanese infantry battalion) sometimes its good to see a good ol gung ho rah rah rah war movie every once in a while.

Windtalkers = good for entertainment, bad for historical purposes. Not every war movie has to be an anti war all war is bad military is evil type movie.

Comment

John Woo did a huge misstake n' that was beginning to make movies. I've not seen one movie of him that I didn't find as pure and unrefined crap. Windtalkers ain't an exception, overacting, overexplosions, overheroism, oversized magazines...
                            The safest place in Korea was behind a platoon of Marines. Lord how they could fight! - MGEN Frank Lowe, U.S. Army.
                            ----
                            We got a kinder, gentler, Machine gun hand - N.Y.

Comment

Originally posted by Marines View Post
                              LoW is based upon the life of Victor Bout. It's an excellent film about a real man that profitered from several low-level wars in Africa, amongst many other wars. He was even employed by the CIA to funnel arms to so-called American allies in Iraq... Typical Western response... something didn't go boom... therefore it's hated.
                              I agree, LOW is a great film with quite a dark message. One of my favourites!!
                              Wolster

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X