Die Lichtung

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Die Lichtung

You may wish to check out this German amateur production from THM (young but experienced and cosmopolitan German film makers) about a couple of Wehrmacht scouts sent out to check out reported American airborne landings in Cotentin, June 6th 1944. Movie was shot in one day in June 2007. I liked the fire-fight effects in particular.
    Because of the atmosphere it reminded me of a German answer to the Normandy episodes of BoB.

Last edited by Colonel Sennef; 06 Oct 07, 04:54.
    BoRG

You may not be interested in War, but War is interested in You - Leon Trotski, June 1919.

Wow, really awesome

Comment

Excellent, is that music from "Downfall"?
      Never Fear the Event

Admiral Lord Nelson

Comment

Originally posted by mike brown View Post
        Excellent, is that music from "Downfall"?
        I cannot recall the music from 'Downfall' but it says so on the credits.
        BoRG

You may not be interested in War, but War is interested in You - Leon Trotski, June 1919.

Comment

Originally posted by captainsennef View Post
          I cannot recall the music from 'Downfall' but it says so on the credits.
          Thanks, note to self look closely at credits.
          Never Fear the Event

Admiral Lord Nelson

Comment

Excellent find, thats well done.
            The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed. -Carl Jung

Hell is other people. -Jean-Paul Sarte

Comment

Anybody got a link to a place where we can buy it? I checked Amazon and ebay but got no hits. Checked yahoo search and got a forum but it's in German (I can read German but don't know what I'm reading ).
              Check out our webpage for our NFL picks http://members.cox.net/mjohns59/

Comment

Originally posted by Psycho View Post
                Anybody got a link to a place where we can buy it? I checked Amazon and ebay but got no hits. Checked yahoo search and got a forum but it's in German (I can read German but don't know what I'm reading ).

Psycho,
                not sure if this film is for sale (yet).
                You may wish to regularly check out http://www.amateurfilm-magazin.de/index.php?page=shop or alternatively contact THM Pictures directly, I'm pretty confident they speak English. IIRC I saw some of their e-mail addresses on the website.
                BoRG

Comment

Interesting video clip. The firefight effects look a bit like Star Wars blasters... but otherwise very well done.

What's the deal with it being a bright, sunny day? According to all the WWII movies I've seen, all the European theater battles were fought either in the rain, snow, and/or dark.
                  "I am not an atomic playboy."
                  Vice Admiral William P. Blandy

Comment

Psycho,
                    not sure if this film is for sale (yet).
                    You may wish to regularly check out http://www.amateurfilm-magazin.de/index.php?page=shop or alternatively contact THM Pictures directly, I'm pretty confident they speak English. IIRC I saw some of their e-mail addresses on the website.
                    OK thanks. I'm still waiting on a Dutch WWII movie I saw on the net a few years ago. Never saw any updates on it. I think you answered my question about it sometime last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Psycho View Post
                      OK thanks. I'm still waiting on a Dutch WWII movie I saw on the net a few years ago. Never saw any updates on it. I think you answered my question about it sometime last year.
                      I remember.
                      This was about: 'Verloren zonen' / 'Lost sons' a movie about Dutch conscripts fighting off the SS in May 1940.
                      I don't think the production has made much progress since last year. Haven't heard about it since. Once it is published I will of course report back to the forum.
                      BoRG

Comment

I remember.
                        This was about: 'Verloren zonen' / 'Lost sons' a movie about Dutch conscripts fighting off the SS in May 1940.
                        I don't think the production has made much progress since last year. Haven't heard about it since. Once it is published I will of course report back to the forum.
                        Yeah, that's it. I think they had another WWII movie on their site as well. Our hard drive crashed since then and I lost the link (and forgot the name). Thanks

Comment

Kudos...

Nice Find...Thanks for sharing.

...Now if it was only two hours longer...with English subtitles

Cheers, Ron
                          48 trips 'round the sun on this sh*tball we call home...and still learning...
                          __________________________________________________ __________________

Comment

What is in the can they carry that is slung over their shoulders?

Comment

The can...

Miss Saigon:

What is in the can they carry that is slung over their shoulders?
                              It's a gas mask canister, although some were also known to ditch the mask and use it for personal effects!

Cheers, Ron
                              48 trips 'round the sun on this sh*tball we call home...and still learning...
                              __________________________________________________ __________________

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X