Diary of the Dead?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diary of the Dead?

Found this online today. I certainly had no idea Romero was working on this. From what I've read thus far, it's received rave reviews from those that have seen it, as opposed to his last picture, Land of the Dead, which got nothing but mediocre, bad, and downright awful reviews.

Anyone else a Romero fan (yes, Overseer I know)?

Diary of the Dead (also known as George A. Romero's Diary of the Dead) is an independent horror film to be released in 2007. It will be the fifth film in director George A. Romero's Dead series. However, in "an attempt to re-establish a lucrative franchise," the film will, technically and philosophically, be a reboot, "a rejigging of the myth" says Romero. Even though the fourth film was studio-produced through Universal Studios, Diary of the Dead will be produced by Romero's and his producer friend Peter Grunwald's Romero-Grunwald Productions with Artfire Films. The film began its four-week shoot in Toronto on October 19, 2006.

I heard it takes place when the first one came out. Somethign about a group of school kids making a movie and than recording what happened in the zombie....uh...groups?
    I am a simple man. I am by no means smarter than the average man. I am average...yet genius.

Comment

Originally posted by comm. waffle View Post
      I heard it takes place when the first one came out. Somethign about a group of school kids making a movie and than recording what happened in the zombie....uh...groups?
      From what I've read thus far, the plot contains this group of college film-makers out to make a flick as a project. However, that soon changes as the initial outbreak occurs throwing thier little project off as they film what happens during the first few days. This is supposed to be a new series/rehash, that takes place now. I don't know about you, but I though LotD sucked complete ass, for lack of a better phrase. Universal had their hands a bit too deep in the film. The exact same reviewers who thought Land was horrid, think Diary of the Dead is a complete success. If Romero has been given as much freedom with this flick as he has in the past... I think I'll be pleased.

Comment

I haven't been Romero's #1 fan with these films, but this one seems more interesting. As I was with the first one. The rest i didn't like.
        I am a simple man. I am by no means smarter than the average man. I am average...yet genius.

Comment

This one was under the radar for most, but I'm really surprised you didn't know about it Marines. I'd been following it since it was announced.
          “To discriminate against a thoroughly upright citizen because he belongs to some particular church, or because, like Abraham Lincoln, he has not avowed his allegiance to any church, is an outrage against that liberty of conscience which is one of the foundations of American life.”

Comment

CHUD review of it.
            “To discriminate against a thoroughly upright citizen because he belongs to some particular church, or because, like Abraham Lincoln, he has not avowed his allegiance to any church, is an outrage against that liberty of conscience which is one of the foundations of American life.”

Comment

Originally posted by Overseer View Post
              This one was under the radar for most, but I'm really surprised you didn't know about it Marines. I'd been following it since it was announced.
              I didn't even catch the announcement! All I know is that Romero has full freedom... and I like that.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Massena
                Golfing...
                by Massena
                Didn't Trump criticize Obama for golfing too much...and then state that he wouldn't do that? Seems that he's golfed more than Obama did at this point...
                Today, 08:11
              • Massena
                The Trump Twitter Stain...
                by Massena
                Trump is advancing yet another conspiracy theory that has already been proven to be false. He is advancing a demonstrably false story about a Congressional...
                Today, 08:06
              • Judith
                The New Civil War
                by Judith
                What do you guys think?

To me it has been a pretty constant idea for many years.

Capitalism has made the american life a lie....
                Today, 01:34
              Working...
              X